View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
  • could be fun to see something new

0 0%

Thread: Assault changes

Junior Member Cupidhead BravoJuliet4me's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Assault changes

---Hi my IGN is BravoJuliet4me, I am the founder of clan wakka and have played something insane like 5k assault games. I was pretty much the best solo assault player in the world about 6 months ago before my break (to focus on school and work) as I was in the top 200 best assault players in the world. The reason for this post is to discuss creative changes to Assault.
    ---The health boost drops in assault are a very conquest friendly idea, the problem with them is that they devalue strategy and cdr builds to such an unfavorable extent that high burst damage and pew pew pew similar to conquest are pretty much the only thing you can do now, (in which case, why even have items that aren't in the meta?). In addition, the over abundance of so much early healing pretty much makes certain game healing items like meditation, sov, stone of gaia, noticeably less useful if you have premade team of good players since you are basically guaranteed lane dominance (and yes, there are strategies in assault other than pew pew pew and tower hugging). However, the tower camping game was real in assault back then so I understand the dilemma and why it was thought that this would be a good idea (it wasn't a bad idea, I for 1 love the idea of the side lane and have wanted something like it for awhile, however the idea still needs some revisiting and touching up to make all of those sick MLG style plays more possible).
    ---Suggested changes: Narrow the path of the side lane some and create more S shaped bends, make it feel more like a maze than a giant U. Re-introduce old school (beta) thick jungle fog into the side lane to allow for complex ambushes filled with "SURPRISE" moments. For the first 10 minutes of the game create minions that (only spawn in the side lane and) are worth a good bit of gold and exp for the entire team, kind of like a smaller version of gold fury's. This way teams will have a chance to make a choice of how much lane pressure they want to give up to contest the camps or not. The total gold value that should be earned over 10 minutes from those camps should sit right around 1k to 1.5k gold per player (or 5k-7.5k for the entire team) and about 3 and a half levels of exp, assuming that you get them all. This will pretty much stop tower hugging in most cases because of the snowball effect. A 5-7.5k gold lead and +3 lvls for free is a huge difference, especially when you get to 10 minutes into a game, so no more hugging our beloved towers.
    ---After 10 minutes: A boss should spawn off in the side lane (some kind of fire giant like unit). His reward should be bonus damage against towers and phoenix's and gold/exp. This way it is a choice a team has to make together if they want to contest or let it go.
    ---After 20 minutes: The boss will give a larger bonus against structures, phoenixes, gold, exp (if anyone hasn't hit lvl 20 yet somehow), and a small 5% team boost to speed that way you can catch people out that are being "special" and chase them down.
    Last edited by BravoJuliet4me; 05-29-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: clarity and removal of somethings.
    Proud Leader of Clan Wakka

http://wakkawakka.ml

Junior Member Cupidhead BravoJuliet4me's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    ----I'm starting to get back into the groove of things and get my skills back since I've been gone for so long and have submitted a few bug reports on broken/bug things in assault. Please reduce cost of gauntlet of thebes to either 2300 or 2350 that way supports can get both protections and a starting item, this item is crucial to support survivability. Soul eater needs to be increased to 2350 gold, it's just down right broken right now due to it's abnormal power spiking (i'm not going to explain how in here because I don't want to see it get abused, but it breaks the game if you know what you are doing). The trade on all 2350 cost items is that you miss the first wave and team fight while waiting for gold. In addition the snowball effect in assault is still too strong due to all of the healing. Please increase the duration of the speed buff when picking up the heal drops by no less then x3, 10 seconds is simply not long enough to make it combat effective or worth while. Stone of gaia also needs a tiny buff to it's HP regenerative properties, it's still a booty cheeks item for assault since lane dominance is more important now than survivability (idk how good it is in conq though since I never use it.)

----Finally I know im being needy by asking for things, but can we have a pause function like ranked has, I hate winning/losing games because ppl dc
    Last edited by BravoJuliet4me; 06-10-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: clearity
    Proud Leader of Clan Wakka

http://wakkawakka.ml