Thread: nerf thanatos

New Member Cupidhead poisonkiwifruit's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

nerf thanatos

Please. He does too much damage early game with one item. I shouldn't lose my whole health bar from one ability when the god has half a boot. His 1 ability is very strong early. I suggest reducing the scaling of power from 60% to 50% maybe.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Thanna is one of my last favorites that haven't been nerfed (why nerf agni?). If they touch thanna with the nerf stick before rata, baka, pele, AK, (and even merc), and that is just my list of junglers.... Imma rage real real hard.

To compare, Thanna 1 does 100 + 60, his 3 100+70. Lets assume 100 power for simplicity. Total 330 dmg with 15 free pen. 15 pen can roughly translate to 15% more dmg. so lets say about 370 dmg concerted upwards (cause in game that 330dmg is mitigated and with his 2 less is mitigated then it would for another God with similar numbers). +10% total health dmg. Lets say 1000 health early/mid game, its about 470dmg then. Like 140% scaling on base kite is REALLY low, there are warriors with higher total scaling in base kit.

Rata. 120+90, 100+100, 70+70. = 550 total dmg with 8 pen that transfers to teammates.

Do note that Rata has 130% more scaling then thanna so as game goes rata just gets better and better in comparison. Yeah Rata has almost DOUBLE the scaling of Thannatos.

See thanna only has 2 dmg spells in his kit and a pen stim. And one of them ain't that easy to land to start with, high risk high reward.

When rata runs around with way higher burst potential I think its a bit strong suggesting a thanna nerf.

Of course Thanna has execute but hey Rata can 100-0 a squish and jungler if he has ulti so what does it matter in comparison. Thanna is slightly better vs tanks and hybrids thanks to his free pen, health% dmg and execute and that is why you can accept the situation as is. The last thing thanna got is his cd reset which is a very strong passive to have, its why he can snowball teamfights into deicides. In all other aspects rata outperforms thannatos, rata is superior early game, superior teamfight, superior burst.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-29-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    He can be annoying in certain situations but don't find him to be that OP that he needs a nerf.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Haven't seen one of these in a while.
    Thanatos can be annoying this is true and he has the potential to do a shit ton of damage, it all depends on how consistent the player is in hitting those scythe throws though.
    In my opinion there are other assassins who are more annoying Ne Zha, Thor, Rata and Merc comes to mind.
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaroz View Post
    Haven't seen one of these in a while.
    Thanatos can be annoying this is true and he has the potential to do a shit ton of damage, it all depends on how consistent the player is in hitting those scythe throws though.
    In my opinion there are other assassins who are more annoying Ne Zha, Thor, Rata and Merc comes to mind.
    I agree with Ne Zha, Rata, and Thor as well, and even Pele.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I personally agree with the op. The numbers may not be in thans favor. However, he has always posed more of a threat . With that big heal from his scythe he has crazy sustain early. And if he builds his disarm lvl 2 you are just dead. I don't feel scared when I see rat or Thor early game...hell not even merc.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    I personally agree with the op. The numbers may not be in thans favor. However, he has always posed more of a threat . With that big heal from his scythe he has crazy sustain early. And if he builds his disarm lvl 2 you are just dead. I don't feel scared when I see rat or Thor early game...hell not even merc.
    Yeah he is good early.

But hasn't got late like merc. Merc is fine for now in this meta but very prone to item changes.

Pele even if she is slow first levels can do what thanna does but has much larger window to do it.

And rata has window all game. Slow AND stun with great dmg pretty nasty early on.

Thor, ok at times.

Thanna ahead can get lots done for sure and can even do work solo or supp in some situations. He is a decent all rounder. But he relies heavily on one move that can be blocked by lots of things even creeps. Many other assass do not have this weakness and can punch through way harder and more reliable.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-31-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    you find Nez annoying? Thor and Rata make sense, MAYBE mercury but NEZ?!?!

sorry use to be a nez main and i just dont think she strong enough to be worrisome

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    with comments i agree. gods i play are usually warriors and mages and even then, Than cant 1 shot. sure he does huge damage but its high risk high reward. dude only heals if he lands and only lands if skilled.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by dedprice View Post
    you find Nez annoying? Thor and Rata make sense, MAYBE mercury but NEZ?!?!

sorry use to be a nez main and i just dont think she strong enough to be worrisome
    IMO Nez had one of the most bloated kits, but they nerfed him some month ago and I think he is fine now.
    Rocking the boat