Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gods that havent been buffed in years

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person

Gods that havent been buffed in years

I've been through the change log and looked through the recent changes to all the gods.

4 gods stick out here:
    Ho Yi
    Serqet
    Sol
    Nox

Non of these gods have had any buffs for the last 1,5 year(that Ho Yi being able to move does not count). Which is two years longer than any other gods. Most gods have gotten a buff, even a little one in the past year or the year before.
    Now I dont say all these gods need a buff:
    --Serqet is ok+. as physical items are really good right now and assassin are pretty strong pared with blink these days.
    --Nox she struggles with clear but her hard CC and insane safety makes her in a position where no one wants to see her buffed for any reason whatsoever.
    --Ho Yi is a ok hunter even though he falls short in clear early game. He is not on the bottom, but not on the top either.
    --Sol her gameplay is ok all over the place, there are gods who can do her job better at any roles. There are gods who are safer and have more potential in lane or team fight than her.

And yes this is a thread arguing that Sol needs a buff/change, not cause she sucks. Mage items are pretty strong these days. But because all these nerfs over the past years have ruined most of her uniqueness, especially the nerf with the fatalis effect on her 2nd ability.
    Old sol was a character who would stand her ground and outsmart the opponent in her 1 or her 3 and and also had the option to box them with basics while avoiding death.
    Her kit does not look anything like her old kit. No one of the other four gods have had 1/3 of their kit removed, making them simpler to play. Imagine how Ho Yi would look if they removed the knockup on his leap, or if Serqet couldn't turn invisible on her leap or that Nox wouldnt enter an ally with her dash. These gods would be much more boring cause you cant make as many smart plays anymore.
    Simply put, Sol is the only god who have had two mechanical aspects of her kit removed not getting a mechanical compensation for it for 1,5 years, and is therefor long due to get a buff/change.

Its easy to say that if a god is boring, go to play some other god, and yes we seen these 4 god go in and out of the meta even though they haven't gotten any changes themselves. Even so I still think its dull of hirez to not make any positive changes to them as every other god gets some tweak to make other aspects of their kit stronger, force new playstyles or item paths. When was mobas about things being the same just because it works?
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 05-23-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    They are fine. Serquet did get a buff or a change to her last year to make her bit better.

Nox did get some love by decreasing the cooldowns of her utl. Her 2 and 1 combo is what makes her kit the best. But Nox is so Binary and it's just a matter of hit or miss to really excel with her.

Ho Yi is already on the favorite ban list in ranked because of his escape and his ability to ricochet. He's fine, and seen good Hoi Yi players excel well.

Sol got her escape nerfed so not sure what else you can do with her, but her basic attack is best and can take down towers then any other adc I know of. Maybe make her not so damn squishy perhaps.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ho yi did get move when ult buff, its a small thing but feels so good playing him. A good Ho yi is death to challenge in the jungle, similar to Anhur, they are both kinda unique in that way, if you are good with them and can leverage that strength they are really strong picks.e
    Rocking the boat

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Bring back old Arachne. Bring back crit items for magical. I loved playing crit Ymir.

Achievements:
    LOL I wasn't around when they had the old Arachne LOL I don't think I want the old one back. That would give me anxiety LOL. Also, increase Chronos Pendant to have more power like before.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Banned Follower
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    LOL I wasn't around when they had the old Arachne LOL I don't think I want the old one back. That would give me anxiety LOL. Also, increase Chronos Pendant to have more power like before.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHiv...&feature=share

Achievements:
    Her old Ult looked super OP. I read a lot of old post on how everyone was hating on her and how terrible it was to fight her LOL. I can see why.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Banned Follower
    Achievements:
    She was fun as hell.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,781
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Old Arachne was great if you liked losing after 5 minutes because that useless character was an instant 4v5 only good for being a worse Sobek pluck.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Those gods are not even close to Geb who was last changed on August 16, 2016 and Thanatos who was last changed on October 25, 2016

Cupid has not seen any changes to his kit since September 27, 2016, but he has seen a change to his Camera Height last year if that's worth anything.

Another god that has seen no changes or buffs in forever is Jing Wei. She was last changed on May 9, 2017 over 2 years now. It's funny how a 1vs1 meta in duo lane SPL can make a god with no changes in 2 years come back to play.

It's been a long time for these gods to have seen any changes!