Thread: Deserter for 1500 minutes per game with bots

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Clackster's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Angry Deserter for 1500 minutes per game with bots

Yesterday I was given a deserter for ~1200 minutes for a premature exit from the game
    (although this is not my fault, my laptop is dead)
    what the heck my deserter rise from 20 minutes to 1200?

Due to a deserter in 1200 minutes i played with bots
    (+) I played for several hours, time dropped from ~1200 to ~800

SMITE
    As's
    in the game with bots there is a function to return to the lobby
    (so I went out)
    after which I was extended a deserter from ~800 minutes to ~1500
    most likely some idiot complained to me for getting out of training with bots

what the heck do a deserter exist above 2 hours?
    it's a fcking joke?

Achievements:
    seriously, f✱ck, deserter 1000 minutes?
    f✱ck no ?

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Clackster View Post
    [SIZE=5]Yesterday I was given a deserter for ~1200 minutes for a premature exit from the game
    (although this is not my fault, my laptop is dead)
    You stated your laptop was dead. That's a user issue not a game issue. You deserved your deserter penalty. You claim you played with bots, but doubt it, you really were playing with other "bad" players, and you perceive them to be bots. Check your equipment before you jump in game, because if your technical equipment failed on you, even though it wasn't your fault, it still is really technically your fault.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    yes, I got a deserter for premature exit
    so I played with bots (against AI)
    when i'm tired i got out in the main menu
    after which, my deserter extended from the remaining 800 to 1500

Junior Member Cupidhead Shambhala2010's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    What is this? Kindergarden? I get why these extensive ban times would exist in any ranked queue, but the thought that ban times go this far for simple casual games is baffling.

I recently got a queue lock out for 120 minutes because I accepted a queue timer which got stuck on 0:00 for about a minute. All other queues remained on 0 seconds. When I relogged in I saw the timer. I figured the game loaded me into the match lobby without me actually being in the lobby and treated it as a dodge. Ok whatever. I had other things to do anyway.

Then today I accepted a normal joust queue and Im already in the lobby. I get a call from a co worker and had to tab out and get into my outlook. A minute later I remembered that I was in the game lobby and hadnt made a selection. I tabbed back in to see a fucking 1440 minute ban. 24 hour ban. For a dodged normal joust game. We went from 2 hours. To 24 hours.

Why are bans for casual queues/games so extenive? I am not against punishment for repeated offenses, but to say we are scaling the punishment to this degree for things like dodging a match lobby in a casual game is ridiculous.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambhala2010 View Post
    Why are bans for casual queues/games so extenive? I am not against punishment for repeated offenses, but to say we are scaling the punishment to this degree for things like dodging a match lobby in a casual game is ridiculous.
    Because regardless of any que you join in, your issues (your fault or not your fault), inconveniences other players. There is a scaling points if your profile has 100 hearts or goodwill or w/e you call it (I forget), you are good, but once you hit zero and repeat the actions, your penalty gets greater.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead Shambhala2010's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    What inconvenience is there for a casual game gone sour? Just f6 out the game and get into another casual game just as quickly. I am not saying there shouldnt be a punishment. But to have a punishment for over 24 hours for a casual QUEUE that has no impact on any form of elo/tp should not exist. IT'S CALLED CASUAL FOR A REASON. An hour long lock out is the most any player should have to bear with with regards to any casual game mode REGARDLESS of what caused the person to leave the game/match lobby. Ranked is totally different as your queues can go as high as 10 minutes or even more, not to mention you are jeopardizing other players' hard earned TP. So it is understandable why the punishment should be severe for RANKED QUEUES.

Everyone feels like theyre entitled to have the full extent of smite "law" be exercised on any slight inconvenience caused to them by other players on to said players when in any casual mode. Chill out. Get out of the game with a surrender vote. Queue into another game, and move on with your life.

Achievements:
    Penalties are not harsh if your goodwill is high. However if your goodwill is down the drain, and you constantly get penalized, then of course the punishment is more severe. Having those penalties enforces YOU to check your issues so you don't inconvenience others. If you disconnect constantly, then it's best to log off and find a solution to fix the problem oppose to trying to log in/out of game, which will prevent from ruining other people's games. Regardless if your technology fails you, other players shouldn't suffer from your lack of preparation and technical mishaps. I do have empathy for those who have technical problems or are technically challenged, but think about it...when you crash constantly in/out from the game, you are potentially making your team lose, and obviously players will report you, hence the punishment comes in play.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 05-24-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Why not to establish a system of reconnection?
    so she chose a god for you that is right now
    Last edited by Clackster; 05-30-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead Seitaro's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    You stated your laptop was dead. That's a user issue not a game issue. You deserved your deserter penalty
    That's probably the dumbest logic I've read in a long while. "You didn't do anything wrong, but we're going to punish you anyway"