Thread: Matchmaking for new player

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

Matchmaking for new player

So i started to play this game 2 days ago and it was really fun...till i got to lvl 6 and then matchmaking started to trow lvls 30-100 in my game -_-
    Like really? devs think i will learn to play this game in few matches and then they can put me with lvls 100??
    Wanted to buy god pack but now i will just uninstall and find some normal game....and those prices hahaha like wtf do you think you are selling,cars?

These are screens if some1 dont belive me

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DDleMaso's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Matchmaker have ALWAYS been a joke in smite, and its got a lot worse these last years. You'll can find a lot of posts about it there... not to mention there is less and less players nowadays in smite... but hirez will rather put new gods/skins to take the very last drop of fast money than improve it seriously.
    The only answere i ever got when i asked why the hell i was put, as a lvl 120 player, with players level 30ish VS diamond level 150 premade team, was : go premade.
    i did 2 threads about the matchmaker, i answered to other threads about matchmaker, and it's the only answer i ever got. So unless you have 4 friends to play with you, you can just stop playing... that's why there is so many people that we now have sometimes to wait 20minutes to get a game...

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Quote Originally Posted by DDleMaso View Post
    Matchmaker have ALWAYS been a joke in smite, and its got a lot worse these last years. You'll can find a lot of posts about it there... not to mention there is less and less players nowadays in smite... but hirez will rather put new gods/skins to take the very last drop of fast money than improve it seriously.
    The only answere i ever got when i asked why the hell i was put, as a lvl 120 player, with players level 30ish VS diamond level 150 premade team, was : go premade.
    i did 2 threads about the matchmaker, i answered to other threads about matchmaker, and it's the only answer i ever got. So unless you have 4 friends to play with you, you can just stop playing... that's why there is so many people that we now have sometimes to wait 20minutes to get a game...
    Sad to hear that,game was really fun till lvl 6...going back to diablo 3...ty for reply and have a nice day

Member Follower
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Matchmaking blows. there is a work-around however.

create multiple accounts
    get a bad match? just drop and play on another account.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flammifer View Post
    Like really? devs think i will learn to play this game in few matches and then they can put me with lvls 100??
    What better way to learn a game then to face a player much better then you?

Matchmaking blows. there is a work-around however.

create multiple accounts
    get a bad match? just drop and play on another account.
    Yes and then you party up with a lv 100 friend account. Which is the reason both of the above matches happened.

Notice the lv 2 ra with the lv 100 Ullr? And the lv 3 neith with the level 69 Ymir.

That people create new accounts to fuck over the matchmaker ain't hirez fault.

Also if a lv 100 teams with a totally new player of course giving them an experience that is good will be difficult. You know their next game they are probably facing 5 lv 70s and if that neith/ra ain't a smurf they will be dying over and over and rest of team will be raging on them.

Lets analyze this real good. CBA with the ra cause annoying name. But look at neith player history. Either she is a smurf in a 4 man party or a new player in 4 man party. She lost the game before yours with 155 tickets, so gets an easier match next up and wins over you quite easy with 138 tickets. So next match is harder and they loose with 5 tickets. Naturally its very hard for the matchmaker to assess the skill of a completely new account. But in just 3 matches the matchmaker manages to take this 4 man party with potential smurf or a totally new player and give them a match in arena that is lost with just 5 tickets.

I call that pretty awesome matchmaking myself.

Also to me OP smells like a smurf maning merlin that cries cause he is not allowed to pwn noobs in every game.
    This is your match history:
    Lost first game despite good personal score.
    Won second game with good personal score.
    Obviously matchmaker notices you need better opponents.
    Gets the two matches posted here with bad scores (comes to forum to cry about it).
    Wins 2 with good scores.
    Loose 1, win 1 on and off mostly with good scores.

Maybe you a smurf and those deserve a rough matchmaking, maybe you are new and just naturally good at the game so your progression initially is rocky as you over perform in regards to level. So matchmaker might not know exactly what to do with you yet to give you soild matches. Most of your games was stomps one way or the other. You have 13 games played and the matchmaker (from my own experience playing a smurf) needs about 14-15 matches to place a good player in an area they should be. You barely reached the crucial 15 game marker or so and from now on I think you see games that are more challenging and more even, but yes stomps always happen and as a new player you might think "SHIT MM". But thing is Gods hard counter shit in smite and there is snowball so its actually more about God picks most times then its about matchmaker, but as a new player you don't understand this of course so I'm telling you.

If you are new, then you are lv 7 getting in matches full on lv 20-25ths and win with good score. Good job. Seems you lack the grit to still enjoy the game when it becomes harder though.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-18-2019 at 06:31 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Cupidhead PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    What better way to learn a game then to face a player much better then you?
    This rationale is always thrown out, and it's always flawed.

"Hey, let's teach this middle-schooler how to box. Toss him into the ring with a professional boxer, who's doing his best to beat them. Best way to learn, right?"

The best way to learn is to put people against others of roughly their own skill level. Throwing them up against people who vastly out-skill them won't teach them anything. All it will do is convince them that certain gods are overpowered, since they get destroyed in an instant.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    This rationale is always thrown out, and it's always flawed.

"Hey, let's teach this middle-schooler how to box. Toss him into the ring with a professional boxer, who's doing his best to beat them. Best way to learn, right?"

The best way to learn is to put people against others of roughly their own skill level. Throwing them up against people who vastly out-skill them won't teach them anything. All it will do is convince them that certain gods are overpowered, since they get destroyed in an instant.
    It ain't the best for regular exercise to be at 100% or 120%. But once a while its good to push limits. How else can you know how hard a punch is / can be. Of course in smite you don't die for real if a noob takes a grandmaster to the face. Just to see how rough, are you then prepared to train to get what it takes to spar? Its a valuable insight as well.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Match making has always been shakey bakey and will never understand their que system. It's also like that in ranked modes as well. However, I think it's a good idea that you start playing with other higher level players; this way you can learn and practice. You will just get better in due time, but it can be overwhelming for a new player. Hell I been there when I first started. It's all about trial and error, and practicing and eventually you will get better esp. if you have a good teamwork.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    I still remember my first game with really good players. It was late at night in arena and I was playing Agni, their team also had an Agni, I played like a scared little girl all game, when I did go in I basically suicide everytime and if I got one assist with me from my play I was happy lol. And when I was dived I just bombed on top of myself and used aegis and hoped for the best.
    Rocking the boat