Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much time left for SMITE?

Junior Member Cupidhead TioMegamanX's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Thumbs up How much time left for SMITE?

I just began playing less than a month ago, I have been in other MOBAs except LoL, this one had some good aspects like the movement system, it seems to have some Overwatch tier matchmaking where enemies will get stealth buffs when is your turn to lose (aka the whole 50/50 system), its monetization is horrible like any other Hi-Rez game, gold is useless, everything is limited or time gated which makes no sense for long term profits, balance seems all over the place, not sure if Merlin and Arthur are supposed to do all that stuff while other gods are mostly 1-trick ponies.

I see little activity on the forums for good reasons but is kind of sad since the concept was kind of nice in my opinion (that is gods vs gods), I recall hi-rez killed a game called Tribes which was its "Halo killer" or something, Paladins has a broken meta, the only relatively good game mode for me here is Arena, I haven't come across any bugs so far but a ton of disconnecting players, BTW, how can there be a vs bots mode but absent players are never replaced with bots?

Member Follower
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The game will drag on for more years but it's gone down hill significantly over the past year alone.

They took away so many things that I liked about the game over the past year or so
    -no more limited skins, I liked those skins and would buy them up. Them being limited was cool to me. GONE
    -I really like the stats on the loading screen and payed a lot of favor to have them appear. GONE
    -they took away my favorite match of the day modes, conquest ones, especially omnipotence. GONE
    -They took away the store for fantasy/battle points. No incentive to keep playing once you finish the battle pass in a couple of weeks.
    -They took away the weekly winner chests, no incentive to keep playing after you completed the battle pass.
    -solo que ranked conquest is gone, they claimed that made matchmaking better and then they changed it. So they either lied or don't care. Either way, can't play ranked without a partner now.

I'm done with the game, thought I'd share why. I spent hundreds of dollars and a few years on it. Sad to see it go out like that but it is what it is. The meta is more boring to me than ever. They do force losses to in ranked too by giving you 3 bronzies vs 5 plats, that way you are guaranteed to lose to keep it 50%ish. Really dumb.
    Last edited by AntonChigurhKC; 05-17-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    -no more limited skins, I liked those skins and would buy them up. Them being limited was cool to me. GONE
    I'm sorry, but thank God limited skins are gone. Stop wanting to be a special snowflake. Let the community, past and present, enjoy what the game has to offer.

@OP: I've been playing since beta. Then quit in early 2015, only to come back last week. I can assure you that "Smite is dying" threads have been posted since 2014.

Now I can't quite judge whether or not it is dying since I've only returned last week, but I hope not.
    Last edited by TheHotshot; 05-19-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    My SubredditMy YouTube ChannelMy Subreddit's Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post
    I didn't even realise it was HotShot. That just goes to show that the high ranked players just want everyone else to shut up and bow down to them

Member Follower
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHotshot View Post
    I'm sorry, but thank God limited skins are gone. Stop wanting to be a special snowflake. Let the community, past and present, enjoy what the game has to offer.

@OP: I've been playing since beta. Then quit in early 2015, only to come back last week. I can assure you that "Smite is dying" threads have been posted since 2014.

Now I can't quite judge whether or not it is dying since I've only returned last week, but I hope not.
    I'm sure that you've spent a ton of money on these non limited skins then right? I would have...But they got rid of them, just like a lot of other things I used to like about the game.

New Member Cupidhead BowlofSteak's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    The game is fun and addicting. I've been playing off and on for years. It is ever changing of course. Sometimes people like the changes and sometimes they do not. Can't please everyone. I never have any trouble finding a game but i do not play ranked because people forget they are playing a game and just love to blame each other etc etc.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Meta is best its been in a long time, some sour apples around though but not as it once was I think.

I'd give smite at least 3 more years but who knows, I think the only thing that can kill smite is smite 2.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Meta is best its been in a long time, some sour apples around though but not as it once was I think.

I'd give smite at least 3 more years but who knows, I think the only thing that can kill smite is smite 2.
    Oh heck no...even I'm not ready for Smite 2 LOL
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead DawnxBreaker's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    always a hater, samething said about WoW "Oh its dying" or "This and that game gonna kill t" YET here we are, still kicking so stop being a snowflake, you sound if smite COPIED LoL and Overwatch, let me tell you this .. LoL copied Dota so stop making this threads and just play the game, I've spend hours grinding to get chests and as much skins I can get for grinding, granted I wont get all but so far I am happy I got some, how much time smite has? A LOT more years, so just play the game, Gold isn't useless its to buy items "DUH" stop being stupid.
    Last edited by DawnxBreaker; 06-08-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    I cant play the game because I have a playstation and the lag has gotten way too bad to enjoy the game. There are a lot of things I do not like but I would still like to actually play the game. I just cant because I play a game for about 2 minutes and then I am lagging all over the map and dying then getting called a bad player. Which means I am probably getting reported. I still try to play, but I really wish it wasnt so bad.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Canarchiste's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Have seen the game stagnating few years then going downhill since tencent bought it.

Kinda sad, by far my favorite MOBA.