Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lobby Chat

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Lobby Chat

How is it that they have not fixed the lobby chat not working for months on end now, like wtf are you all doing hi-rez....

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoMajo's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Lo-Rez, how hard is it to actually fix this?!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I filled a report on this a few months after it was initially removed. I was told it had been taken down intentionally due to "issues," but that they were hoping to have it back in the near future. Obviously that never happened, and based on that I'm assuming said "issues" weren't from a technical standpoint as I had originally thought. More likely trolls were spam flooding the chat with inappropriate things, Hi-Rez didn't want to keep on top of dealing with it all, and they just decided it'd be easier to remove the chat altogether. Obviously most players including myself disagree with this decision, but unfortunately I don't ever see it changing. When people complained that the minimize button in the client had stopped working their solution was also to remove it altogether, so it seems they prefer to take the easy way out rather than do what's better for the overall health of the game.
    I'm a PC player on NA server looking for a team for conquest (mid/jungle) or ranked joust. My player level is 111; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 4 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, and Nemesis). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Its not just Lobby chat, its like all typing. Clan chat, group chat after loading into a match. Its like the group chat works like once and then stops working like 10+ matches, then its ok then its not ok. And not being able to type, I can't tell people to do things like get antiheal please (no VGS for that), or just stop pushing so far and positioning so badly that they end up feeding or just some simple tactic like only attack when X god ability is down or a particular cc ability is down or only wait for me to initiate group fights or force out enemy ultimates.

Its kinda driving me nuts.

Issue is logged on the Trello board - Match lobby and End of Match Lobby chat sometimes not showing
    Last edited by loupblanc10kai; 05-14-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CallOfThe4skin's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    I'm having no issue in any chat. And I play 10-15 games a day

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Oh I know lobby chat sometimes doesn't work and it's annoying when you can't communicate to your team mates.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CallOfThe4skin View Post
    I'm having no issue in any chat. And I play 10-15 games a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Oh I know lobby chat sometimes doesn't work and it's annoying when you can't communicate to your team mates.
    So you guys don't experience any issues? Are you guys on PC or Console? If PC, on Steam or non-Steam?

Just trying to get an understanding of this bug.

Achievements:
    Found a workaround, I think....

I disconnected 1 time when this bug popped up for me. After logging back in, and into the match, the typed messages finally appeared. But the bug resurfaced the moment I reset my profile settings (eg global emotes, announcer packs etc).

This bug drove me so mad, so I tried to disconnect on purpose and see if it could be a workaround. Tried it first by going into Jungle practice, then disconnect (pulling lan cable out), then logging back in. Did not work.

So I tried it in a Normal Joust match. The moment I loaded into the match, I disconnect, then quickly log back in. Et viola. The typed messages started appearing again. That was yesterday. I will log in either later today or maybe tomorrow and see if its still functioning properly or if the bug reappears.

At this point, I am guessing its a user profile settings issue, since it seems not everyone gets the bug. So probably, if someone disconnected at the wrong time or whatever, or disconnect multiple times, their user profile at the server side or something gets bugged/corrupted. So when you disconnect and log back in again, and load back into the match, somehow the user profile settings getting defaulted bug resets your profile, and the connection to Chat is back as per normal.

And once you reconfigure your settings again, it maybe breaks the chat portion for your user profile again.

I think I will reconfigure settings and hope everything is ok. If not, then I will just try the workaround again, this time in a Co-op match. And then hope for the next patch to quickly hit live servers asap so I can be clear of this stupid a** bug.

Achievements:
    I am also trying to understand Chat between the different platforms.

So can PC ppl see Console ppl messages or vice versa? Or no?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DDleMaso's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    there is so many bugs anyway...
    i have to type /g at the beginning of every match to be able to write in chat...
    most of the time the lobby chat is broken, and after the match too, we can't even see who's in the chat anymore.
    Not to mention other bugs since the new UI, we can't see our god's abilities before a match, the boosters doesn't show when one use them, the launcher take like a month to launch smite... the check&repair utility isn't working anymore... etc etc.