100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    PC...not steam

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CallOfThe4skin's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DDleMaso View Post
    there is so many bugs anyway...
    i have to type /g at the beginning of every match to be able to write in chat...
    most of the time the lobby chat is broken, and after the match too, we can't even see who's in the chat anymore.
    Not to mention other bugs since the new UI, we can't see our god's abilities before a match, the boosters doesn't show when one use them, the launcher take like a month to launch smite... the check&repair utility isn't working anymore... etc etc.
    Don't you worry about those bugs. Hirez will make another Neith skin. In their thinking that solves everything.

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DDleMaso View Post
    there is so many bugs anyway...
    i have to type /g at the beginning of every match to be able to write in chat...
    most of the time the lobby chat is broken, and after the match too, we can't even see who's in the chat anymore.
    Not to mention other bugs since the new UI, we can't see our god's abilities before a match, the boosters doesn't show when one use them, the launcher take like a month to launch smite... the check&repair utility isn't working anymore... etc etc.
    Luckily, I haven't encountered the ability or launcher issue you have mentioned. Yeah, the boosters not showing is weird also.

Really a sign of the QA lacking before a patch is deployed to live. I mean, some bugs just don't occur until it hits live, that's usual, but this many UI issues? They must have been in here already and it just wasn't caught until the latest patch hit live. I think the devs did acknowledge how bad some things were in the latest dev insight show. Haven't checked the latest Patch Notes update. Will be checking that later.

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Found a workaround, I think....

I disconnected 1 time when this bug popped up for me. After logging back in, and into the match, the typed messages finally appeared. But the bug resurfaced the moment I reset my profile settings (eg global emotes, announcer packs etc).

This bug drove me so mad, so I tried to disconnect on purpose and see if it could be a workaround. Tried it first by going into Jungle practice, then disconnect (pulling lan cable out), then logging back in. Did not work.

So I tried it in a Normal Joust match. The moment I loaded into the match, I disconnect, then quickly log back in. Et viola. The typed messages started appearing again. That was yesterday. I will log in either later today or maybe tomorrow and see if its still functioning properly or if the bug reappears.

At this point, I am guessing its a user profile settings issue, since it seems not everyone gets the bug. So probably, if someone disconnected at the wrong time or whatever, or disconnect multiple times, their user profile at the server side or something gets bugged/corrupted. So when you disconnect and log back in again, and load back into the match, somehow the user profile settings getting defaulted bug resets your profile, and the connection to Chat is back as per normal.

And once you reconfigure your settings again, it maybe breaks the chat portion for your user profile again.

I think I will reconfigure settings and hope everything is ok. If not, then I will just try the workaround again, this time in a Co-op match. And then hope for the next patch to quickly hit live servers asap so I can be clear of this stupid a** bug.

Had time yesterday to log in and play a couple of times. So far, since my attempted workaround via disconnecting, its been ok so far.

Not sure though whether its the workaround or whether its the ninja fix by HiRez, who mentioned during the Patch Notes Neo Olympia show that they have deployed a fix for the Lobby Chat issue. Since there was no client update, that means it was on the server side.

Whatever the case, I hope this issue is gone. Anyone who still encounters the issue should raise it to HiRez asap, via Smite Reddit and via a Support Ticket. In the Support Ticket, mention that HiRez had already mentioned they had deployed a fix for this. This way, its more likely the HiRez Support personnel will route the info to the Smite team.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    yeah it's stupid they haven't fixed it yet and not just lobby chat but ingame as well first time it happened i thought i was lagging and prolly going to get dc but net was fine game was fine just the chat it's been so long now they haven't fixed it yet
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    So you guys don't experience any issues? Are you guys on PC or Console? If PC, on Steam or non-Steam?

Just trying to get an understanding of this bug.
    The looby chat is like a hit or miss situation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It has gotten a little better though.

Found a workaround, I think....

I disconnected 1 time when this bug popped up for me. After logging back in, and into the match, the typed messages finally appeared. But the bug resurfaced the moment I reset my profile settings (eg global emotes, announcer packs etc).

This bug drove me so mad, so I tried to disconnect on purpose and see if it could be a workaround. Tried it first by going into Jungle practice, then disconnect (pulling lan cable out), then logging back in. Did not work.

So I tried it in a Normal Joust match. The moment I loaded into the match, I disconnect, then quickly log back in. Et viola. The typed messages started appearing again. That was yesterday. I will log in either later today or maybe tomorrow and see if its still functioning properly or if the bug reappears.

At this point, I am guessing its a user profile settings issue, since it seems not everyone gets the bug. So probably, if someone disconnected at the wrong time or whatever, or disconnect multiple times, their user profile at the server side or something gets bugged/corrupted. So when you disconnect and log back in again, and load back into the match, somehow the user profile settings getting defaulted bug resets your profile, and the connection to Chat is back as per normal.

And once you reconfigure your settings again, it maybe breaks the chat portion for your user profile again.

I think I will reconfigure settings and hope everything is ok. If not, then I will just try the workaround again, this time in a Co-op match. And then hope for the next patch to quickly hit live servers asap so I can be clear of this stupid a** bug.

Yeah sometimes logging off or exiting out and logging back in will work and again sometimes it doesn't work LOL.

I am also trying to understand Chat between the different platforms.

So can PC ppl see Console ppl messages or vice versa? Or no?
    I think chat is global now, and there is no way to tell which player is from what platform. If there is, someone enlighten us here.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!