Thread: Let's talk about Horus and Set

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Let's talk about Horus and Set

Still a little too new to tell but all and all how do you all feel about them? For me I feel this is a pretty balanced release not gonna lie both gods feel great and I like them both I've been playing Set no complaints but Horus I feel has a lot more potential than Set atm. He is great in Solo, and duo as support but not only that he has some jungle potential.

Thoughts? Anyone feel that one of the gods is lacking or perhaps you are comfortable and also does anyone plan on mastering the god and giving them over 10k worshippers?

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoMajo's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Horus is pretty strong from what I've seen, may need some adjustments, though I am not an expert with warriors...
    Set is just... weird... I mean his kit seems pretty weak and I don't think he can really keep up due to a lack of focus, a small rework may be in order... maybe

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I tried figuring out Set but I just don't. To me he seems pretty bad. For CC and teamfight he has only his slow on 1. His thing I reckon is to get loads of "minions" up and then use 1 for great dmg but to me it just takes to long and seems unreliable. His 3 also deals dmg over 6sec, its a long time to get your damage off. And the dmg total isn't even that great to justify it. The one thing he has which is cool is that he has good initiation range or escape range.
    Sure great passive and a bit of stim on ult, but ult also needs you to stick a pretty long time to get value smth that is very hard in a 5v5.
    The ones that did ok with him in arena still only sat at 20k dmg which is pretty low.
    I think loki brings much more to the table then set.
    As for rework, potentially OP but remove the 40% dmg only from consecutive minion hits.

Horus seems ok, interesting kit, didn't really suit me it felt like. Not sure why. Low range maybe. To me feels like he wants to come in a bit later in the fight, heal up someone and then activate his CC, which is pretty nice, but as a solo tank in arena, meh. If you have the other tank as well he feels good to play, and a lot of warriors are the same so nothing wrong about that, its just that he didn't really speak to me personally.

Haven't tried either in conq.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-04-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Rockerbaby his clear is really strong already and have insane range and you want to nerf that 40% dmg on consecutive minion hits? Set has tons of range which he can use to clear the wave. And he have the potential to stand in the back harpies and snipe the jungle camp, in mid, from the enemy jungler. So no he doesnt need better clear. Besides a god doesnt need to be strong in all fronts. Some gods are better at pushing, clearing, cc, mobility...New gods doesnt need to break the game by having absolutely everything in their kit.
    You guys know that the way to play him is to to poke people down with range, then when ur ulting and hitting basics, spam your 2 to(as his ult gives you new spawns when you hit your basics) to spawn minions and hit the enemy you are attacking, with an army of sand clones.

Horus is a pice of cancer really, his stun lock potential is insane for a character of his type. He is a super mobile tank that you will never be able to kill cause he have healing, two dashes(the healing dash is insanely long) and a Jing Wei ult, sort of.
    Also his stun knock-up combo is busted and his stun should be reverted to a root(giving people the ability to escape this ability...he is the only character in this game that have two of the hardest CC in his core kit(beside of ult) except for Sobek and Cabrakan(conditionally). Among other things the fact that his stun is on a, fat dash, which can hit you from a much further distance than what is shown in the ability, is the main reason this combo is so strong
    You guy havent seen the insane places he can do with his heal dash. Unlike Daji who will TP to the last place the enemy stood, if they use a dash or a leap. His dash will follow you across the map.
    Example: I used his heal on my Pele when she activated her movement ability(with speed buff) then she blinked and ulted.... I literally flew a distance equal to one mid Phoenix to an enemy T1 mid tower
    His mobility is retardly good and his ult is also a, super mobility tool, which he can use to escape or engage with
    I think the base range of his heal TP should be nerfed, but in turns the aura of which he heals is bigger
    And they should remove his ability to fly after you, when you use a leap or a blink, as I described above cause its mechanically broken.
    Horus have more mobility than any other god by a long shot and have two Hard CC which he can combo into each other.... I mean compared to Sobek who is the only god with two Hard CC in his kit...sobek have 1 dash, but this guy have 2 and a his ult gives him more mobility than Sobeks ult.
    And yes his dash needs an Ally, but its really easy to find one as its really long and you also can fly to minions.
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 05-06-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I accept I don't get Set. And I have so little time to play these days that I don't have time for any conq to feel him out there whether as team mate or otherwise. Yeah I understand you can't remove the 40% thing. I gotta agree with what you are saying about kits, if he has a kit flexible enough for conq then that is great. He isn't the cookie cutter kit we usually see, I like that.

Horus though I think his CC is fine, its not huge aoe, its low range etc. But from what you are saying they could be looking at his 3 maybe? seems a bit to flexible, chances are they just number tune him instead ofc. Cause his 2 dash ain't really that long and his kockup needs basicly melee range, I think they are both fine. I was surprised to see Horus healed whole team in assault with his 3, I think only ally and himself not in aoe would be better.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-07-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Rocking the boat