Thread: chat still bugged

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 323

chat still bugged

i normally dont post on forums... but this bug has made me do it.
    how can it be that the chat system ingame AND lobby is still bugged? this bug has existed since early 2018 and it has gotten worse. the chat is nonexistent
    since the last update me and my friends havent been in a single game where the ingame chat has worked... i mean REALLY??? whats the deal with that? i can look past all the other bugs but this is just seriously messed up.
    any solution coming soon... or at least anyone working on a fix?

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Chat has not worked for the last 2 patches, but you could usually type /g or /dnd in the lobby to reconnect.
    Now, after Sands and Skys, it just doesn't work at all (Both lobby chat and in game chat are broken for me).

I've seen some discussions on this but they don't seem to go too far.
    This issue must only be happening for some people.

Sometimes it says 0 people in lobby chat, & sometimes it says there's people but when you click on the number it doesn't display any names.

I did a fresh install of Windows and Smite and still the same issue with chat persists.
    I live in Canada if this might be a factor.

Hope this gets fixed...

Junior Member Cupidhead Selvdoed's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    2 patches ago you say? And not a single word from Hi-Rez... so in other words.. another bug they cant be arsed looking into?!

AND if you are, Hi-Rez, Then FFS TELL US! We know the bug exists.. tell us you are aware and are looking into it.. as long as you dont it seems as tho you dont give a flying f**k about it! Acnowledge that there is an issue and that you atleast try to fix it! STOP pushing out new patches until you fixed your old ones!! Rather have no more patches and a game that works than alot of pathes and a game that gets worse and worse!

Edit: But then agean.. new patches = money. Fixing bugs is just a waste of your time isnt that right Hi-Rez?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead KTKA's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Pointless bump, because it's obviously not getting fixed, but maybe it will at least irritate someone at Hi-Rez. Since last patch chat is literally gone. In every single game both lobby and in-match chat does not work at all.

Hi-Rez, I honestly hope that VGS breaks next - maybe then enough people start leaving your game for you to decide to do something about communication channels.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kissaki0's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    The non-existant responsiveness and openess concerning bugs is just awful. The trello board is a step in the right direction, but it shows a minimal subset of acknowledged bugs.

The chat issue has been ongoing in phases of better and worse. Chat loading late, or not loading at all. Really bad for a team and tactics oriented game, or even just giving suggestions to teammates, or swapping roles.

When chat should be the simplest thing to do right.

The complete lack of feedback what the actual issue is as determined by the client or server speaks volume to the ignorance and disregard of this issue specifically, and issues in general. Simply frustrating as a player. No confirmation, no acknowledgement, no information on the bug or when it is actually happening. Oh well… Just another of the bugs to live with for now.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 323
    implementing new gods, new skins and all kinds of useless crap, but not being able to fix to most essential thing in a teamgame.. the fkign CHAT system. really????

Junior Member Cupidhead YømanCLV's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    https://trello.com/b/d4fJtBlo/smite-community-issues

They are aware of it and it is a top issue
    I'm as frustrated as you are but finding and fixing bugs can be really hard sometimes, just look at how much time it took to get the servers back after last patch.
    And look at TitanTravis' face and his apology on the last dev insight

Junior Member Cupidhead Nardman's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    These chat bugs have been around for many seasons. Don't expect Hi Rez to ever fix this issue. If they will be able to fix it this time. Expect the issues to return within 2 or 3 patches. Not being able to use or read the chat has been an issue ever since I actively started playing in Season 2. According to Pon on Reddit a long time ago. There where deeply rooted issues that caused these kind of bugs.

But hey, we are 5+ years along the line, the chat bugs still persist. But at least we have 2 new gods in 1 release \o/

They fixed most bugs and issues a little while ago. But we can't have a stable and relatively bugless experience. HERE"S A NEW GUI. With the same old bugs that used to be fixed at some point.
    Last edited by Nardman; 05-06-2019 at 12:48 PM.

New Member Cupidhead pur4killing's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I can't type anything in any chat and I can't invite any friends or clan mates.