Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buff Aphrodite

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JuriHaku View Post
    It's more or less straightforward to me but I get you it's not like Zeus... but again the skillfloor is shallow for smite I mean my favorite gods are Hel, Bellona, Geb, Serqet and Daji. I'm pretty sure you could make an argument and say a few of them are braindead like Daji and Serqet.
    Da ji is braindead for sure, while bellona is easy to get she is harder to actually pull off, serq is way more complex.

I wouldn't say Merlin is braindead. Fairly easy for sure but he has some more complex interactions.

Aphro I would agree needs a lot of game sense to pull off well, not to heal an ally that just aegis, not to ult someone that beads and aegis, not to link a teammate that would do their thing anyway and get out etc etc. Aphro is one of those Gods that when you play her it can feel like eveything goes wrong with timings, kisses etc. She can be really troll to play unless you know her well I reckon. I still think she is strong but I still wouldn't mind her birds being easier to confirm dmg (speed not aoe), I could see 2 have lower CD and it wouldn't break the game, and I'm saying this as someone who don't play aphro and don't like facing her in arena.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-04-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Cupidhead Shambhala2010's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Why do we need aphrodite to be another damage dealing focused mage when we ALREADY have so many gods in the mage pool who does this?
    Im not gonna take someone like Thoth and throw a bruiser build on him and scream I cant frontline properly on this character that is meant to be in the backline dealing damage.

There are so many gods in the game right now that can't find a lane simply because other gods outclass them. What about those gods?

And why are we asking for more utility on top of utility? Giving yourself and another teammate a second life on a potential 40 second CD isn't enough already? Why are we asking for more movement speed and even a cleanse on her 1? You already have a cleanse in your ultimate.

Take a step back and realise that she thrives in the late game as a secondary support/frontline who is there to provide healing and peel.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Aphro doesn't need to be a damage dealer, but she needs a little ump with her damage esp since they change Soul Reaver. Playing her in ranked games are challenging early game because all she has going for her are heals, but struggles sometimes because of the high cool downs she has early game. I doubt they going to change her, but for me personally, it would be nice if her birds has a 2 sec cool down decrease.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambhala2010 View Post
    Why do we need aphrodite to be another damage dealing focused mage when we ALREADY have so many gods in the mage pool who does this?
    Im not gonna take someone like Thoth and throw a bruiser build on him and scream I cant frontline properly on this character that is meant to be in the backline dealing damage.

There are so many gods in the game right now that can't find a lane simply because other gods outclass them. What about those gods?

And why are we asking for more utility on top of utility? Giving yourself and another teammate a second life on a potential 40 second CD isn't enough already? Why are we asking for more movement speed and even a cleanse on her 1? You already have a cleanse in your ultimate.

Take a step back and realise that she thrives in the late game as a secondary support/frontline who is there to provide healing and peel.
    It doesn't have to be a damage buff and again I even stated I'm a bit unclear on what you could buff up but we could do the basics and reduce some cooldowns and this I heard about and maybe Aphrodite will receive this but I heard that a lot of the older gods may receive some changes when it comes to mana consumption so that they can compare to some of the newer gods.

So maybe this would be good enough and I get it not everyone should share the same jobs and its fine to have someone do a different one and be unique but the thing with Aphrodite... well what does she want to do with her life? She can't mid... she can't solo and she 100% is a weak support but can she? to some extent yes because her kit is built for 2 but from that point what does she want to do? Do you consider her your tank? Because for one... she can't tank... especially since she has such a demanding early do you consider her damage? Despite her not hitting that hard and if we consider her utility again... well and sadly there are better picks.

So here we are with a crappy "secondary support" meaning we gotta go a pretty distance just to make your team decent with a liability Aphrodite pick that will still be mediocre late game. If you don't wanna buff her fine and it's okay that she has counters but really what can you tell me to say that she is worth a shot? What does she bring to the table that isn't done better by literally everyone else? "She provides heals and peals!" I'm 100% sure we can find someone who does that and even better.

Achievements:
    Here are my Aphro synergy partners:

Geb - Heals and shields lol I love it
    Athena - Her taunt is a guaranteed hit for her back off
    Loki - Sustaining him makes him unstoppable
    Hel - Kissing her gives her a mana regen, and while you heal her, she can concentrate on healing others.
    Pele - Sustaining her makes her unstoppable but her downfall is she usually breaks the kiss link because she's too fast.
    Medusa - Her successful lunge hits allows you to pull a back off
    Odin - Annoyance factor but his jump breaks off her kiss which can be annoying
    Nox - If she lands her combo, Aphro can kiss the same opponent and pull a back off birds combo.

Those are some of the reasons I can think off so far but there are others.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

New Member Cupidhead Cleftobismal's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Some people keep egging me to post on here about my take on Aphrodite.

She's okay.

I like the buffs for Aphrodite because it addresses my main concern about her early game, her stupendously long 3, and mediocre early game 1. Yes, you can max your 2 last and use it for soft CC to increase your 1 for mobility early on. But your faced with the challenge of sustained damage and ending fights. Her kit revolves around reversing damage and bringing out dps conveniently + easily to end the fight quicker. She is the Epitaph of Healing delays fights, and dps ends it.

There is one concern about Aphrodite that makes her a troll to deal with, her passive + protection item + and lastly high HP from items. She is an ABSOLUTE MONSTER when all three is in the equation and will out last most gods. Of course if you go this route your left with the decision of sacrificing hp or protection for pen to use the full potential of your damage mid - late game. Is it worth it? That depends on your comp. Sometimes I'm forced to get an obsidian shard to bridge the gap between a 380 back off to 620 when the team is lacking damage. Otherwise if you have someone on your team that has potential damage, it's safer to just protect yourself, give your carry a further damage increase, reverse all poke and lastly ult all incoming abilities.

I've also done cases where if you sacrifice a little bit of protections or power for shield of renewal, no one can catch you. Quite the opposite actually happens, where she will catch your carries and if she's ahead enough, she can kill them. Additionally, she can keep up with speedy partners (with the help of rod or doom orb. . or both if your cheeky like me) like shen, awilix, chronus and dominate the field.

At the same time, it's a constant battle between "Should I get Pen? Should I get mobility? Should i get protections?" depending on the needs for you and the team to win.

One thing I absolutely roll my eyes on are players building her like a guardian going full tank with less than 200 power. Believe it or not, adding damage items compliments her kit, prevents her heals from being completely useless against anti heal, and shut down carries. Who would of thought adding damage items on a mage would do such things.

Are the current buffs justified? In my opinion yes, it hits spot on her early game problems I've always ran into.

Does she need any further buffs?

Need? No. If I could wish for something it would be higher scaling damage on her 3 and a small additional effect on her passive. (Crowd control reduction to ally and herself when kissed, or a small % mitigation when kissed with a partner) But of course that's just me be silly :>

#Omni-Directional Love-Birds

Achievements:
    Well they are giving her more love on the next patch and feel it's a good for her. She sucks ass early game, the new buff will allow her to be useful to her team early game. Most smart players who play against Aphro currently know that it's good to capitalize her weakness early game. With the next patch, it will provide a bit more sustainability and support early game.

I didn't realize her back off gave 25% slow on the kiss' target lol but to have that done globally on the next patch will be helpful too.

Now Aphro is only great and can be a threat if you have a good team to back her up. w/o a good team, she's worthless and cannot carry the game.

Aphrodite

“Many healers have found their way in and out of the Conquest Meta, yet Aphrodite has been stuck on the sideline. This Goddess has some of the highest healing potential in the game, and excels at keeping one hyper-carry alive even during the riskiest of fights. However, her laning phase was shaky at best. We are decreasing the cooldown of her primary clear tool, Love Birds, to help her reach mid game more easily. Back off is being changed to make sure the slow applies every time, fixing a visually confusing element of her kit. Kiss is also seeing significant buffs to its early ranks, making sure Aphrodite can help her team as soon as possible.”

Kiss

Increased Movement Speed Increase from 4/8/12/16/20 to 8/11/14/17/20.
    Increased Bonus Damage from 4/8/12/16/20 to 8/11/14/17/20.

Back Off

Back Off now always applies the 25% slow.

Love Birds

Decreased Cooldown from 16/15/14/13/12s to 12s.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 05-21-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    The only buff that was well-placed was the Back Off one because it seemed very stupid that it only slows on soulmate version and that the knockback didn't always disengage hard enough.

The Kiss buff is questionable because since you normally level it last, you're stuck with 4% measly MS and damage. Though with the onset of items like Shaman's and Doom Orb, it makes one wonder if that buff was really sound.

Love Birds buff is just going to make Aphro 100% ban again. Either nerf the heal scaling to something like 50-60% + more base or change the CD to 14/14/13/13/12s.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Fakn healer meta, can never build jotuns/crusher again.

Well u got ure aphro love, I hope I don't see her too much in duo. HF with it.

BTW most buffs are just early game, late game much the same.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    But Aphro needs that extra cds on her birds early game. I hate playing her early game because it takes forever to pull her birds out and she dies because of it. However, she does become better mid/late game. Will have to see how she fairs well once it gets implemented. I am concerned that she will be part of that favorite ban list in ranked.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!