Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff Aphrodite

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Buff Aphrodite

Currently Aphrodite is slow, very mana hungry, does very moderate damage and healing is countered hard. She needs a buff.

I think a good idea would be to buff her kiss, by making the speed bonus apply to her always, regardless of her being linked or not. This would help with her mobility and in a passive way her damage as well, as the increased speed will better allow her to position her (only) 2 attack skills. This helps as birds are so easy to dodge and slow moving. As it is I feel she is just being left behind.
    Last edited by Madrict86; 04-25-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't know what I could add to the list of buffs or general ideas for Aphrodite. However, I'd like to state how bad she is and that in most cases a lot of people would say why use "x" god if "x" god is better right? WELP, for her ALL the healers are better than Aphrodite in every way and I feel she may need a rework or perhaps some better stats again you could give her chain kisses like if her 1 was the same as Ares but would that be broken? I don't know because again I see gods like Hel, Ra, Baron, Chang'e, Sylvanus, Terra, Hades, Guan Yu and Artio (I have no clue if she even still has a group heal) that are just far better and well they make it VERY apparent to her just being useless why use Aphrodite when Hel is a thing?

She has more healing a 2 that gets rid of CC which is VERY apparent in smite and she has a lot of damage to boot and than chang'e she has anti-heal in her kit with a very strong ult but Aphrodite? Nothing she has no lane she has no utility and she is pathetic support and can easily get bullied. The ONLY time I don't mind seeing her on my team is in Assault anywhere else I rather have any other healer.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Sadly you are right, she is at the bottom of the barrel and desperately needs some attention. Her healing and damage are just not good enough, and the fact she is so slow means she gets stomped easily. I hope they take a look at her soon.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Totally agree. Since they changed Soul Reaver, her back off did a good burst damage, but overall her her damage doesn't excel as with other mages. Then they nerf her heals because stats where showing that she was healing more than Hel. My main annoyance with her is the high cool downs. For me personally, I have to max her cool down reductions and that wont happen till later mid towards late game.

She's very challenging early game because of her high cool downs, and you have to be mid level to really start feeling comfortable playing her. Finally when you are late game, that's when you feel she start to excel.

I think she would be an improvement if they lowered her cool downs a bit, and perhaps do an increase in damage with birds. Will see what they do with her, but I doubt they will since they feel she is fine as is.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hm Aphro is such cancer in right circumstances. I'm pro adding utility like increased movement on birds (3) or similar but she doesn't need more dmg or more heal. I could go as far seeing her 2 bomb getting slight reduction in cd.

Aphro is super strong in most modes, maybe not as much in conq (i mean she is ok in conq but I think her biggest weakness is her early game which affects conq the most). Buffing her dmg or heal would make her so cancer in most other modes.

Another thing could be to let her ult ignore antiheal for its duration, it would make her a niche other healers cannot have.

how bad she is and that in most cases a lot of people would say why use "x" god if "x" god is better right? WELP, for her ALL the healers are better than Aphrodite in every way and I feel she may need a rework or perhaps some better stats again you could give her chain kisses like if her 1 was the same as Ares but would that be broken? I don't know because again I see gods like Hel, Ra, Baron, Chang'e, Sylvanus, Terra, Hades, Guan Yu and Artio (I have no clue if she even still has a group heal) that are just far better and well they make it VERY apparent to her just being useless why use Aphrodite when Hel is a thing?
    Aphro has a stun, a knockback and a super cleanse immune ult. She can peel way better then most of the Gods you listed here especially vs melee. Hel has no super reliable peel, yes cleanse is great but it won't get a kali of your back, Baron has iffy peel. Terra mediocre and not nearly as on demand as Aphro. Sylvanus has ok peel but its tied to his ult. Artio sure matches her CC but comes nowhere near her healing. Guan is a beast sure doesn't mean aphro should be buffed.

The problem with aphro is that she is not that easy to draft into a team especially in conq. Even when people pick her in arena many times I'm like----- this is not an aphro comp, this pick makes no sense here at all. If she solos you lack tank, if she mids you lack mage, if she supports you again miss a tank. Aphro is also best with high power sure she can hybrid but you want big tick heals and you want hard hitting 2s. For conq it makes most sense to have her as support as I see it. In jungle smth that can go dmg early and into hybrid tanky later on, like achilles, erlang, swk, ymir. Preferably you want smth that tanks very well alone if you do not run another hybrid in jungle, kumba, baccus, herc etc but then you need to have them in solo and it severely limits flexibility with your draft. Also herc and aphro makes anti heal so good you don't wanna over invest with the healing. Or you then need to solo the aphro which could work I guess but then you are alone almost all game and team benefits zero from her kit, making rotations crucial and she has no mobility. Putting stress on jungler to both fill tank and finisher role. Cause you rotating as a lv ~16 Aphro from solo still won't mean that much if your only tank is the support which is like lv 12-13, if your team is ahead though it will be a stomp but if not she can only help one team member and when they focus your support she struggle to save it anyway. You rotating as support aphro can still save with ult, stun and knockback ppl and offer decent heals, then come late you can really bring the hurt. Yes I think building support aphro with power and cdr build is the way to go only one good tank item if needed. And let the jungler transition into a frontliner you can combo with, say a serq with mantle/magis might even be enough but I reckon something that wears the standrad hybrid items well voidshield/shogun/frostbound/ancile that type of stuff, would be ideal, like erlang, sadly though he also has a heal so you get double countered. Erlang can peel for aphro as well and set up her combo. This cannot be said for all junglers and I think is a crucial aspect to consider to run her successfully in conq. Finally she lacks a team fight ult (that most solos, mids and support normally have) her best contribution is her 2, to make up for this you might need a hunter that packs serious team fight like cerunnos or smth. She has some great strengths but you need to really tailor the team around her to make up for her weakness. With the right team though aphro is super cancer.

Some Gods are very easy to fit into a comp others are harder. But that doesn't make one OP and the other UP. Some are very good counter to some strats and lack in general usefulness. Cupid is great vs jumpers but not so good vs stunners, rooters and ppl that are immune to slows one way or the other. Hades is great if their team lacks mobility etc. Aphro is very good at denying melee carries that want a little bit of time to get it done (like merc, ravana, erlang, ak, kali, etc) note not carries that burst hard like rata, serq, pele.

Note: I don't play aphro.

Also imagine geb and aphro in a comp. Geb solo is viable, much anti cc. Put Gods in slots that have cc immune ults and you counter ares, da ji, fenrir, etc ez.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-29-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Just pick Aprho and a broken jungler like Fenrir or Bakasura and Id dare you to to say oh Aphro needs a buff after that

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    Just pick Aprho and a broken jungler like Fenrir or Bakasura and Id dare you to to say oh Aphro needs a buff after that
    Gotta be a reason she is picked in 80% cdr conq.

Her and Odin is a classic. So annoying.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Wow no, she definetly does not need a buff, shes already one of the most cancerous gods in the game in every non conq mode.
    Just build defensive and stick to a target with good cc and the only way they can take you down is go 4-5 on 2 , even if everyone has antiheal, a full cd aphro just spams stuns, knockbacks every 3 seconds and her 3 doesnt do bad dmg specially when you can hit it 2 or 3 times when someones chasing you and lets not talk about that absurd 2 second aegis that cleans all cc for you and your target wich can be activated mid cc and also cleans every cc and has a 35-40 sec cd with full cdr. She is pure cancer to go against even if shes bad in conq and as we all know if a god is bad but is very cancer to go against it will still get nerfed, cough...loki cough.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I see what you are saying and I understand but it feels a little weird to make her the god that will more than likely be your support to build around her when you could do the same thing to well another god who is better... now it doesn't have to be the other healers but all and all I still view her as weak. You may have an aphro comp but maybe its that aphro comp isn't strong anymore or is just easily shut down?

Now off a bit of experience I played aphro but I've played a lot more Hel, Ra, and Baron. Hel support is okay but she imo shines best in solo and so does Baron and Ra he is okay support but I rather him be mid personal preference but seeing aphro and playing with her I felt as I still wasn't as strong as these other gods again it could be the comp as you said its harder to get her in which in a sense doesn't that also add to her being weak? I've carried plenty of games with Hel more than aphro if anything aphro to me has always been an inconvenience than a serious issue. Would you like to enlighten me any further?
    Last edited by JuriHaku; 04-30-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Achievements:
    Well Hel has 3 dmg moves, 2 of which are good AoE Spells, she fulfills that mage role pretty well with that (not close to most other mages but still ok). Her kit also means she rotates great from mid and can stay relatively safe in mid. She can get out of sticky situations without blowing her ult. Aphro just doesn't pack the same punch to teamfights in dmg.

I wouldn't say it makes her weak cause if you have a team around her that makes up for her weakness she can be very strong. Buffing her would make properly setup aphro teams maybe to strong. Even with buffs she would have same weaknesses and still if you draft her without building around these you would have a hard time winning.
    Rocking the boat