Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apparently Hi-Rez doesn't want my money

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodori View Post
    Ooh look at this cool skin...
    No longer available.. Oh sorry for being a new player trying to enjoy your game

Oh look at this skin... ummm play loot box lotto only one out of 86 chance to get.. umm no...

Yeah you don't wanna make money with this game do ya

Yup. Loot boxes are really really bad. Smite is actually one of the biggest reasons im hoping for loot boxes to become illegal in the US. I WANT to spend money on this game, badly, but i want to buy the skins i want not gamble for them.

You will get a lot of flak though, posting about this stuff on here and on reddit. there are a lot of people who have spent a lot of money on these scummy chests. These people know they are bad but are compelled by all the money they spent to defend them.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Indeed those gambling loot boxes is a tactic they use to ensure you spend more money to earn what you desire. I really hope they ban it soon but I don't think will will anytime sooner than we want.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead DawnxBreaker's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Granted i've GRIND for my skins, the way I look at it? my TIME is MONEY on this game, if I have to GRIND more hours to get the said skin? I'll do it,I mean theres many many MANY more options to do this, I love Neith and Collecting her skins and I hope Zeus soon as well.

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnxBreaker View Post
    Granted i've GRIND for my skins, the way I look at it? my TIME is MONEY on this game, if I have to GRIND more hours to get the said skin? I'll do it,I mean theres many many MANY more options to do this, I love Neith and Collecting her skins and I hope Zeus soon as well.
    Neith, Zeus? 2 of the most braindead gods, but you want ranked arena? Neither of those gods are picked in any ranked. They are just pubstomp gods.

New Member Cupidhead ArgonarAlfaran's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    And that business model is so short sighted anyways.
    Yes a certain few people will spend a lot of money to get them before they disappear.

But then the game lives on for another 5-10 years and they are missing out on the countless new players (or players that couldn't afford them back in the day. Like when they were still going to school) buying it.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    This is one of the major problems in smite. Getting skins you want with out the rest of the clutter. I can understand some of the events, but limited skins are time exclusive. Unlimited skins are a step in the right direction. If all limted skins became unlimited I would be fine with it.

A lot of people resort to shady account buying to get those limited skins, it would be beneficial to Hi-rez and the players to make that money go toward them to develop new skins and patches. Rather than it goes to some shady 3rd party website.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavrick View Post
    If all limted skins became unlimited I would be fine with it.
    Let´s hope for this. I get it that people who buy them want to feel special and all, but cmon now, what´s more important? feeding snowflake feeling of exclusivity and being "special" and "unique" or actually supporting the lifespan of the game? I think the second option is the optimal one

Edit: Don´t get me wrong, I have limited skins for my mains (dragon empress scylla and cursed king cern) but I wouldn´t mind those skins releasing as unlimited if it means people can buy them and support the game further (I play mostly heretic/hellscape cern and daisy despair scylla anyway)
    Last edited by Chpk; 06-30-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    At this point it seems that only the Odyssey T5 skins are off limits.
    At least I haven't come across a chest or a bundle where they were present yet. Other skins that were previously limited has showed up in the daily bundle, like Venus Aphrodite and Ares Fernando.
    If this is the new approach I'm perfectly fine with it.
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    I didn´t know Venus Aphrodite and Ares Fernando were limited, that´s nice to know, there can be exceptions

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chpk View Post
    I didn´t know Venus Aphrodite and Ares Fernando were limited, that´s nice to know, there can be exceptions
    Not exactly limited, but unavailable for purchase through Smite when they were first released.
    The Fernando skin was a gift for purchasing the founders pack (or something along those lines) in Paladins, for the mere sum of 20 bucks. I don't exactly remember how you obtained the Venus skin, but it was a similar deal, something about buying stuff for another game as well.
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.