Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Nox

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Her laning issues mainly concern that if the enemy manages to control creep aggros well she can only really clear the archer. If you hit me or I hit you the minions go out of order and can't do shit. She clears camps like ass since he has to burn her 2+3 to clear them fast enough lol ANdshe has to wait for her 2 to finish the cast to do damage so she receives full camp damage during that time. Her ult gives damage reduction but she the times it's best for her to ult someone is coincidentally the times you DON't/CAN'T combo a person.

Has like 4 skillshots and that makes her damage a bitch to pull off because you have 4 points of damage loss. Miss the 2 you do no damage, miss the 1 you do no damage, miss the ult there goes you only team fight contribution and no damage, miss her 3 double hit well you lose damage. There is NO LENIENCY despite her damage being subpar. Like Zeus does no hard cc but I'm scare of him more over Nox because the fucker is consistent. He does aoe damage.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 05-15-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JXJibbles's Avatar
    Exploring the third planet of the Arietis system
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I was going to make a separate thread about this but this seems like a good place for it. Two concerns regarding shadow lock:
    1. I definitely agree that it should do its first tick of damage on contact. Tired of landing it on a recalling enemy and having them vanish anyways.
    2. I noticed a glaring inconsistency between Nox and Ares. If Ares lands his chains on you and you cc out of it, you still take the full damage. If you cc out of shadow lock, you're completely free. Beads don't prevent damage from any other source that I can think of, and this should be brought in line.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JXJibbles View Post
    I was going to make a separate thread about this but this seems like a good place for it. Two concerns regarding shadow lock:
    1. I definitely agree that it should do its first tick of damage on contact. Tired of landing it on a recalling enemy and having them vanish anyways.
    2. I noticed a glaring inconsistency between Nox and Ares. If Ares lands his chains on you and you cc out of it, you still take the full damage. If you cc out of shadow lock, you're completely free. Beads don't prevent damage from any other source that I can think of, and this should be brought in line.
    2. there are many other abilities that stop dmg when beads. I defo think it should stop nox 1 dmg.

And to above poster yeah nox is a bit hard to confirm dmg, high skill cap and demands team to setup a bit to be more consistent. To me that is alright though, an easier to land nox would just be super cancer.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JXJibbles's Avatar
    Exploring the third planet of the Arietis system
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    2. there are many other abilities that stop dmg when beads. I defo think it should stop nox 1 dmg.
    I'm not necessarily saying that Nox's damage should continue, I'm saying it should be consistent. Either Nox's link should continue to do damage, or Ares' chain should be completely broken by beads.

Achievements:
    Ares can do stuff while chaining, Nox when rooting is a channel focused solely on that with a higher commitment which really hurts her. Baron and Scylla aren't in stellar states but at least both can fire and forget their roots.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I'd vote for the channel continuing in terms of damage, but they are no longer rooted or crippled. Without her 1, unless someone doesn't get out of her 2 in time, she has very little in terms of guaranteed damage (3 you usually save for an escape or to finish someone off and ur not in any danger and ult you're using either at beginning of teamfight or to snipe low health gods that are running away).
    This will also force people to have to pop sanctuary if they don't want to take the damage from her 1 even if they pop beads, and not make nox useless for 6 seconds.

I think perhaps they could add a small aoe component to her 1.
    It's just flat pulsing damage if she lands it on a god with no added effects, the aoe being about the size of her 2(?). This would allow a small amount of lane clear and let her be a little more dangerous during teamfights. The bonus damage wouldn't be applied to the god being locked, just those who are nearby.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I had an older post that still sums up my thoughts on Nox pretty well, so I'm just going to quote it:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    The thing with Nox is that she's single target mage that functions best as a support; which combined with her high skill ceiling means she's kind of awkward to fit into team comps. She doesn't do the typical high AEO burst damage of most mages, but she's not a tanky frontliner or a healer like most supports either. While support is where she does best, the loss of a frontliner there usually needs to be compensated for in some other area (usually either a warrior/guardian jungle or a tankier mid like zhong or hades) so it makes sense that her pick rate is low. Especially given the toxicity and reports you'll likely receive for daring to pick a non guardian support.

Nox just doesn't work well as a mid as she can't clear effectively until mid-late game (with her early-mid game clear usually also needing to use her 3, which is her escape) and if she misses her shadow lock in a 1v1 fight or has it cleansed she's a sitting duck until it's back up. She lacks the burst damage and clear to compete 1v1 in mid, but doesn't have the same tankiness as a support to frontline for the team either. So if you want to help her be more viable you first need to decide whether you want her to be a better mage or a better support, as the two go in pretty different directions.

If you want her to function more like a typical burst mage I think having the ability to detonate her 2 early (even for reduced damage) would be immensely helpful as then she has another ability with easily confirmed damage even if her shadow lock misses or is purified. And it gives her a way to hit multiple targets since currently it's too easy to walk out of unless you're stuck in her 1. It also makes wave clearing easier as then it's less likely their minions walk out of it if yours get cleared quickly.

If you want her to function more like a support then making her passive an aura (give 3% magical/physical power for each candle to her and all allied gods near her) would help push her in that direction. (I also think it just makes more sense as an aura as her candles should theoretically "light the way" for her teammates.) Maybe even change it from power to one of defense/protections/health/lifesteal/damage reduction in order to help with her lack of tankiness (with adjusted scaling as needed). And instead of losing a candle per hit, do it a little different. Nox has 4 candles, and in a 5v5 modes she'd have 4 teammates. Maybe have 1 candle lit for each alive teammate, and when one dies the candle gets snuffed out until they respawn. Sort of like each candle represents one of their lifeforces, which would be pretty cool. (Downside is this would suck for seige, joust, duel and certain adventures or MOTDs but oh well.)

I'm not really sure what I'd prefer personally, but I just thought I'd throw some ideas out there.
    I'm a PC player on NA server looking for a team for conquest (mid/jungle) or ranked joust. My player level is 111; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 4 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, and Nemesis). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.

Achievements:
    She's an ass support lol. Having you main cc be single target is irredeemable shit if it's easy to interrupt and requires team set up to work. When I have a support I want their cc to work stand alone. Support is her worst role. Honestly her ult's width is unbearably thin. It's orb animation makes it look WAY BIGGER then it actually is when thrown out so I've escaped many deaths because of it. It's way to easy to sidestep because Ra's beam is instant and he can shoot through walls and cloak the sound in a fight (and picking that skin that is quiet).
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 06-01-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoMajo's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Nox really is not good in support, I mean, if you have someone to keep the death off you, you can probably manage, but she has not a lot of means to confirm damage, especially if her target pops some CC-immunity...

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm not necessarily saying that Nox's damage should continue, I'm saying it should be consistent. Either Nox's link should continue to do damage, or Ares' chain should be completely broken by beads.
    Ares doesn't root you, just cripple, and chains stop dmg if out of range, so without beads and just winged blade you can nullify most of ares chain dmg and half of its utility. Its hard to compare abilities like this. It wouldn't be to op to put more dmg upfront on her 1 though, but it also means that spear of magus builds will do slightly less dmg in total.

Her dmg is inconsistent yes, but its no real problem if you can rely on another mage to pick up that slack, like a mage adc or mage jungler. For this reason nox isn't a good carry, like scylla, chronos, AK, sol etc. Some games her dmg will be low so u can't draft her and think you are the one that will provide the dmg, you gotta draft her and think you are gonna be the one comboing with team to setup the kills. Also a landed combo usually means dead target cause the lockdown is strong and long so there is that as well, most other mages doesn't have that high kill chance if they just land their basic kit.

In other mode she is good, she can do clash, arena, joust etc very well. She suffers in conq for two reasons I think, iffy clear and lots of corridors, most mages can help well over walls. But nox 2 is only thing she can use over wall and since its delayed and has no cc component on its own its iffy to get value. So she needs to commit hard for fights to make use of kit or make enemy come to her for easy setup and that is just to small a niche to be good in conq. I think its a core flaw in her kit, that cannot really be made up for without breaking her and make her OP in all other situations by just tweaking numbers, need to look at how kit works and adress that.

I think both 1 and 3 are pretty set in stone how they need to work.

Her ult though can be changed. Change ult to a ball that is tossed (and can be tossed over walls) and explodes when it lands. That way it cannot be easily body blocked either, but it will be harder to hit with for sure, cause as is now nox ult is really easy to land (provided clear line of sight to target), way easier then, kuku, ra and thoth (unless thoth insta casts) so trading accuracy for utility I think can be a good idea for her. Also the aoe dmg of the ball is more potent if it lands from above then come in a line, unless they clump around your center target in horse shoe formation.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Rocking the boat