Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Concerning Nox

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    First off, what are you all smoking to say that Nox is an ass support. She has some of the best CC in the game. And amazing utility. Her 1 basically guarantees a dead target if it lands and they have no way to cleanse it (cleansing stuff is only up so often). Her 2 is great at shutting up channeled abilities. Her 3 is great for adc's and assassins that can take her with her. It's tank a la carte basically. And her ult can shut up a lot of mage burst and hunter burst quite easily with its damage reduc (which is what you use it for as a support, not finishing off targets, usually).

When playing her as a support, you don't do your standard combo 90% of the time like you would in mid lane. If y'all think you MUST do her combo as a support like you would do when you're a burst mage, honey, I've got some news for you.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    She's an ass support lol. Having you main cc be single target is irredeemable shit if it's easy to interrupt and requires team set up to work. When I have a support I want their cc to work stand alone. Support is her worst role. Honestly her ult's width is unbearably thin. It's orb animation makes it look WAY BIGGER then it actually is when thrown out so I've escaped many deaths because of it. It's way to easy to sidestep because Ra's beam is instant and he can shoot through walls and cloak the sound in a fight (and picking that skin that is quiet).
    Her 1 actually cannot be interrupted unless you kill her, and even then she has a current bug where it won't stop if she casts and dies before it finishes travelling, so when it does hit, she's already dead and it still roots for the full duration. Silencing, stunning or mezzing (etc) don't stop her 1's channel. Only distance, her cancelling it, and death stop it.

Achievements:
    Ares can do stuff while chaining, Nox when rooting is a channel focused solely on that with a higher commitment which really hurts her. Baron and Scylla aren't in stellar states but at least both can fire and forget their roots.
    She's not completely vulnerable during her 1 channel, she can use relics if they are instant cast like Beads or Aegis, or if you have everything set to instant cast default, you can use med, shell or other aoe relics.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    First off, what are you all smoking to say that Nox is an ass support. She has some of the best CC in the game. And amazing utility. Her 1 basically guarantees a dead target if it lands and they have no way to cleanse it (cleansing stuff is only up so often). Her 2 is great at shutting up channeled abilities. Her 3 is great for adc's and assassins that can take her with her. It's tank a la carte basically. And her ult can shut up a lot of mage burst and hunter burst quite easily with its damage reduc (which is what you use it for as a support, not finishing off targets, usually).

When playing her as a support, you don't do your standard combo 90% of the time like you would in mid lane. If y'all think you MUST do her combo as a support like you would do when you're a burst mage, honey, I've got some news for you.
    Her 1 actually cannot be interrupted unless you kill her, and even then she has a current bug where it won't stop if she casts and dies before it finishes travelling, so when it does hit, she's already dead and it still roots for the full duration. Silencing, stunning or mezzing (etc) don't stop her 1's channel. Only distance, her cancelling it, and death stop it.
    She's not completely vulnerable during her 1 channel, she can use relics if they are instant cast like Beads or Aegis, or if you have everything set to instant cast default, you can use med, shell or other aoe relics.

You know you can put multiple quotes into a thread without creating multiple posts, right

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 983
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran

No she doesn't have the best cc. Only hits ONE TARGET ONLY. She has to commit to the channel that means she cannot throw out other abilities mid channel (which means she can be pushed out of range, oned out among other things).Other gods have better hard cc's or offer multiple CC. Most mages do not channel stuff and the ones that do their damage is split across more skills. Her 3 has a delay when she pops out and as the MAIN INITIATOR for her team she should not even be in allies outside of very few scenarios. Her ult isn't that good because it's narrow as fuck. I've avoided so many deaths from her ult because her ult is deceptively thin and there has been many times I body blocked the ult from detonating on my allies so it's effects got mitigated. Many relics don't even activate when she tries to pop them during a channel such as Sprint.

There is no Reason to EVER pick Nox support when so many gods do her job way better, have better base stats and offer more utility. You say you don't do her standard combo but that's her main cc pattern and only way to output any offensive cc? If both her or Isis had say 1900-2000 hp at lvl 20 I'd always pick Isis over her Nox as a hypothetical support because her CC is wicked as fuck and she has an amazing teamfight/utility ult.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 06-07-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    She's an ass support lol.
    What role do you think she should be then?

Mid? She can't clear and if she gets ganked she's dead because she can only fight one target at a time.

Jungle? Again she can't clear the camps, and her mobility isn't anything special outside of latching onto a global ultimate.

ADC? It's probably the worst role you could give her. Her basics are trash, she can't take out objectives, and again she can only 1v1.

Solo? The lack of both clear and sustain is a major problem, and it still creates the issue of needing to make up for loss of a tank elsewhere.

I'm not saying she's a stellar support by any means, I'm just saying the role fits her better than any of the alternatives. She has the CC for it, it's just the lack of tankiness that hurts.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 59 gods mastered with 18 at rank V or higher and 4 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, and Nemesis). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 983
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Mid is the only role she's able to apply her huge scalings, get CDR quicker and rotate across mpas easier form mid. In support she lacks too much cc in general to provide the same utility and output other common supports can do. It's not that weird for a good's best role being pretty crap like Chang'e, Baron Samedi current predicament. I would never pick Nox support because her niche is already covered by like a few guardians, mid Nox has decent lockdown fora mage but decent isn't really impressive with how much burst is thrown out.

I have never seen a Nox support lane do well (same for Aphro ones too) unless either the jungle or support against her is retarded.