Thread: Abuse Reports ? How does it work ?

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Abuse Reports ? How does it work ?

So recently I was banned for flaming which I admitted to and since tried my best not to make the same mistake. But since then I also ran into a lot of very unpleasant people. As you can see my nick is ArmaPL meaning I'm a polish player. And as much as I hate silly comments regarding my country I hate racism. And I do run into quiet a few in-game. So I started reporting those people and sending tickets with screenshots of the comments they made. However support just tells me to report them in-game.

Now I'd understand that if the player called me a noob of feeder or anything like that. But racism is illegal in the world and it shouldn't be taken lightly.

So how do the reports work in-game, because I read a few posts about this and people say that at least the whole team has to report the player for support to even take a look into him. If that's the case then whats the point of those reports, unless you're in a party that player won't ever be reported by the whole team.
    I was hoping for a whole forum Topic on Abuse Reports so that it's easier for support to look into serious stuff.

Well I hope he gets punished for his comments.

(BTW sorry if in wrong section, please move post to appropriate if necessary)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sheepination's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If someone gets reported a lot they will get detected and banned, however, if they only harass once in a match there is a much smaller chance that they will get banned
    [IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/jkQlARY.png?1[/.IMG] \\Hirez give us images in our signatures plea//

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepination View Post
    If someone gets reported a lot they will get detected and banned, however, if they only harass once in a match there is a much smaller chance that they will get banned
    Yep.. hirez does an investigation on accounts that have been reported numerous times, and see if they can dig up anything. If their people find enough evidence (chat logs, replays, etc) they dish out appropriate punishment.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    yes i already knew that much, however most of the time that player wont be reported numerous times thats why they can get away with it

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    They don't get away with it, it just takes longer for them to be punished or whatever the appropriate action is.