Thread: Cross platform is a joke.

Junior Member Cupidhead KSINinjaBird's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Cross platform is a joke.

So first off, I will say I know you can turn cross-platform off, but so far hi-rez's stupidity hasn't made it so you are different queues. My friend and I waited twenty-minutes to get into a game that ended in ten minutes. Not worth it. That being said, whoever came up with the idea to let PC play with console was by far, the greatest idiot. Some of you guys might be having a great experience, but my and my friend are not. If the enemy team is majority PC (3+ players, 2+ if it is joust), and your team is a majority Xbox, its an instant lost. I know people have said they've won against all PC teams and thats cool and all. But for me and my friend, well here are some of the stats. We've had 4 conquests where the entire enemy team was PC and ours was Xbox, and we got STOMPED each time. Not like, oh wait until late game, but like 10,000+ gold lead by the ten minute mark, and the kill ratio is like 1/7 (meaning for everyone kill our team gets, they would have seven, its dumb). So we try different game modes. Out Jousts have been auto surrenders at 10 minutes because the already killed out phoenixes and we haven't touched their tower. Clashes are worse than normal for us (our clash history is either way destroy them, or they destroy us, with the rare even match up that lasts longer than 15 minutes), to the point we just got out of a game where it was 6/31.

This all wouldn't be an issue if HI-REZ would fix their queues. Make it so when someone has on "console only" that it puts you in queue with other console onlys, or doesn't even try to find a game that already has a PC in it. Because waiting a half an hour for a game that lasts 10 minutes isn't worth. But waiting two minutes to get into a game where you look at the enemy team and can 100% know you won't win and it will be a terrible experience isn't worth either. Smite has been going down hill over the years for being fun, and this is just making it unplayable for my friend and I who've been playing it together since the beta. Fix it please, for this is just stupid.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Cross Platform Play was added because (to my knowledge, not sure how accurate)

1: The fans requested it...A LOT.

2: The player communities on all systems are not exactly numerous.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    Cross Platform Play was added because (to my knowledge, not sure how accurate)

1: The fans requested it...A LOT.

2: The player communities on all systems are not exactly numerous.
    The player communities are low because Smite is literally getting worse and worse with each new patch. Its addictive, fun, one of the better MOBAs, but also like the only MOBA for console so that sucks. I have no idea why an xbox wanted cross-play a PC, cause again we just got out of 3 games where the enemy teams were all majority PC and we got so destroyed our moods have shifted from, we were having fun in life, to wanting to uninstall the game. If Hi-Rez spent less time worried about balancing JUST ranked conquest, and spent more time on the rest of their game than maybe fan base would get better. EVEN old SPL players and old YouTubers that used to play only Smite are looking for ways out. Incon has limited his streams to only a few hours of Smite in the morning, and then whatever else he wants the rest of the stream. Mythymoo has left Smite only to do a video about it, not even in it, just about it once a month. Like if that isn't telling people that the game is going to garbage, than I don't know what else will.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINinjaBird View Post
    The player communities are low because Smite is literally getting worse and worse with each new patch. Its addictive, fun, one of the better MOBAs, but also like the only MOBA for console so that sucks. I have no idea why an xbox wanted cross-play a PC, cause again we just got out of 3 games where the enemy teams were all majority PC and we got so destroyed our moods have shifted from, we were having fun in life, to wanting to uninstall the game. If Hi-Rez spent less time worried about balancing JUST ranked conquest, and spent more time on the rest of their game than maybe fan base would get better. EVEN old SPL players and old YouTubers that used to play only Smite are looking for ways out. Incon has limited his streams to only a few hours of Smite in the morning, and then whatever else he wants the rest of the stream. Mythymoo has left Smite only to do a video about it, not even in it, just about it once a month. Like if that isn't telling people that the game is going to garbage, than I don't know what else will.
    it is not the only MOBA. Paladins is on console and you could loosely say Overwatch is part MOBA as well

but Paladins is Hi-Rez's version of Overwatch, so it suffers to an extent from the same issues
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    As an update, having PC players in my games still makes Smite rage inducing and unplayable. Love getting messages telling me to uninstall and even more harrassment because I'm sometimes the only Xbox player on an all PC team.

I play overwatch with my friend, but that game is meh at best. And I've played Paladins before, and let me tell ya, it is also garbage. I've never had a back and forth on paladins, it has either been my team is brain dead so we lose in the fastest amount of time possible, or the enemy team is brain dead so they lose in the fastest amount possible. I've uninstalled that game three different times because I can only stand to play one or two games. Smite is getting to that same level, but the issue is I've spent money on some of their crap, so I feel like I can't uninstall it for then I've wasted my money. But at the same time it already feels like I've wasted my money because the only way to get into a game in under an hour is to turn on crossplay, which makes me want to rip my hair from my head.