Thread: So i want to buy the skins i want...

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

So i want to buy the skins i want...

So I'm a new player and this confused the hell out of me and I am sure not gonna throw hundreds of dollars or thousands to buy a pretty graphic.

I'm not gonna throw 5 bucks at a time at a random skin out of 50 or 100...

I'm sorry but you just aren't gonna get money out of people this way unless they are a moronic kid with their parents CC number that never checks the bill.

I would gladly give you 5 bucks a skin for those I want... but instead now you get nothing.

Nice business model for morons.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    HiRez pretty much plays into base impulses and have taken it to great heights. They create a false sense of urgency (such as through time-limited purchases), disguises value (such as gems that create distance to real world money), vagueness to obstruct rational decision making (such as the unclear outcome of chests), sunken costs incurred (which is used to justify rolling chests over and over), and various other stuff. It's also not friendly if you casually want something specific. In HiRez' own words, "we’ve developed a few strategies" in terms of consumer behavior.

People ought to be aware of that before they purchase things.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's an incredibaly immoral buisness model, yeah. As a returning player, I've encountered an endless stream of things that can be attributed to HiRez being run by just outright awful people.
    I don't think I'm going to be returning much longer.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Well now you can buy the skin directly now. Oppose to randomly rolling on chest (which I loath), now you can buy the skin at a higher gem price directly. However, rolling on random chest is cheaper. So you have to really do the math and take a step back. If a skin you want is on a chest roll for 400 gems and that chest you have 67/70 then I wold roll the chest. However, if I had like 25/70 then I would buy the skin directly but it's a higher cost of gems like 1200 gems. It really just depends on your need for that skin and determine if random vs buying directly will be more cost effective.

I wish Hi Rez can put out exclusive skins and have it purchased directly. Like the Siren Medusa skin which I don't have an really want. I would play 1200-1500G for it LOL.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 03-25-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Well now you can buy the skin directly now. Oppose to randomly rolling on chest (which I loath), now you can buy the skin at a higher gem price directly. However, rolling on random chest is cheaper. So you have to really do the math and take a step back. If a skin you want is on a chest roll for 400 gems and that chest you have 67/70 then I wold roll the chest. However, if I had like 25/70 then I would buy the skin directly but it's a higher cost of gems like 1200 gems. It really just depends on your need for that skin and determine if random vs buying directly will be more cost effective.

I wish Hi Rez can put out exclusive skins and have it purchased directly. Like the Siren Medusa skin which I don't have an really want. I would play 1200-1500G for it LOL.
    A ton of players have been asking for that but they ignore us.

I mean heck, console players that love Thanatos can't get 1 skin because the event was on PC ages ago, so unless they had it on PC and brought it over during the beta account link...they can't get it.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Yeah it's stupid that they don't sell past exclusive skins, and have it be purchased directly . New players are even willing to buy them too, but I think Hi-Rez only want those skins to be obtainable in those random chest rolls so they can get more gems.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!