Thread: Really, HiRez? (the forums)

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru

Really, HiRez? (the forums)

How did the forums get so broken?

(1) People are often unable to log in.

(2) People from console also regularly lose their forum account or access to it. I've tagged several threads for example sake.

(3) People can't edit long post sometimes, but they will receive a warning message. I stumble on this a lot, as I post the patch notes (which are long) here regularly.

(4) The forum user stats is all messed up.

(5) Several basic forum functionalities, such as staying logged in, is not even here.

(6) The following is going to scare what's left.

(7) Also... Not only is that announcement bar outdated, someone should really look at how that is coded... That same announcement bar also managed to break the signature edit option a while back, before it was fixed when I pointed it out. It does more harm than good.

(8) Dev tracker... I wonder who has a lot of admin accessibility, but isn't with HiRez anymore.

...and various smaller and less visible problems.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm somehow surprised and not surprised (Schrödingers surprise?)

Smite was the only game I knew back in 2014 to not have official forums. We relied on a fanmade forum back then, so I take it that Hirez/TFG is just not good with forums.
    As for the topic on hand, I don't think these forums will recieve an update. Should they find the budget for it, then I guess that the forum will be redone completely. But I can't see it as important on their list.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Yeah the forum was down for a while during the Christmas holiday. Oh and every time I try to log in here while I am at work, I have to add the security certificate as well. If the official forum is moving to Discord might as well migrate there and drop this one.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    HR does not care about its consumers. Playing Smite has been like being in an abusive relationship, I tells ya. You keep holding on thinking they give a shit, but they don't, they just want consumers, not for those consumers to get a truly good service on any front, even outside the .exe file the whole shitshow revolves around.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    I'm starting to think so too because this game would really serve a good purpose if we had HiRez be involved with the video game community and join it's efforts by interacting with players. Gosh I remember playing MMOs in the past, and they had a great community where they interact with their players on a forum or even in game.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    I sent in a support ticket about #6 about a week ago as I didn't want to log in because of that, and it looks like it's finally taken care of now as when I tried today I didn't get the message again. But there have been several times in the past where I've been unable to log in for other reasons, and it's kind of frustrating that they don't seem to notice and fix the problems on their own. I know the forums are basically abandoned, but I tend to prefer the structure to social media platforms like reddit.
    I'm a NA PC player looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 118; I have 20 gods rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have 1.5K+ hours put into the game; IGN is MysticMidnight.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CallOfThe4skin's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Not sure why everyone seems surprised. It been known for awhile smite gives 2 fucks about this forum. Reddit is the devs go-to.