Thread: Is intentionally throwing the match a report-able offense?

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Is intentionally throwing the match a report-able offense?

I just got done with a match in which we DESTROYED, the enemy team early game. Our Chaac solo tried to surrender because he was the only person that was 0/3 and lost lane to a Sol. After we all pressed F7 (of course), he threw a fit and decided to never rotate out of solo. So after our Merlin's game crashed, it ended up being a 4v5.

But in reality, the game was basically a 4v5 since the beginning because Chaac absolutely refused to help to defend, secure objectives, push, etc. at all costs. We pinged, typed in chat, used vgs, everything! and he still refused to move out of Solo lane to help. And what's worse? He didn't even do anything while in Solo lane, the enemy was literally destroying our phoenixes and what was he doing? Sitting in Solo spam jumping... I as the Ares SUPPORT did more damage than him and he had like 3 power items...

I reported the Chaac with the "other" option in reports, but I don't think anything is going to happen to him because there is nothing that specifies that intentionally not helping the team in a team game is a punishable offense :/
    Last edited by Crimson7Reaper; 03-02-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    While it doesnt sound like intentionally throwing the match, the inability to work with the team or even at least responde is somewhat toxic, so possibly under other? It's hard without seeing the actual match itself (always 2 sides to every story, that jazz), but considering that this sorta thing happens at every level of play, outside of aired pro matches, easily believed.

3 things to be aware of, simply for your own sanity's sake. 1, on the matter of dealing more damage than a Chaac, Ares is a super aggro tank, and part of his shtick is less CC, more ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN kinda thing. 2, moving forward, try not to be as harsh on people sometimes, especially if their level border is lower in the loading screen. I'm not gunna say that i dont struggle with this, as it's easy to get frustrated in a PvP game, but do try. For one, if someone is just having a shit match or trying (and yes, failing) to learn a role, shitting on them further can cause them to completely shut down. If they're a shit eating troll, all your gunna do is get upset yourself, meaning you lose again. Just better to mute and try your best. Finally, 3, do remember that we all have our shit matches as roles and even gods were super good on. There are sometimes players who have a lot of experience playing into certain gods, and sometimes you're just absolute dogshit on that God for that match (even with him at MR 7, there are just some matches I cant hit an Ares chain to save my goddamb life).

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    While it doesnt sound like intentionally throwing the match, the inability to work with the team or even at least responde is somewhat toxic, so possibly under other? It's hard without seeing the actual match itself (always 2 sides to every story, that jazz), but considering that this sorta thing happens at every level of play, outside of aired pro matches, easily believed.

3 things to be aware of, simply for your own sanity's sake. 1, on the matter of dealing more damage than a Chaac, Ares is a super aggro tank, and part of his shtick is less CC, more ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN kinda thing. 2, moving forward, try not to be as harsh on people sometimes, especially if their level border is lower in the loading screen. I'm not gunna say that i dont struggle with this, as it's easy to get frustrated in a PvP game, but do try. For one, if someone is just having a shit match or trying (and yes, failing) to learn a role, shitting on them further can cause them to completely shut down. If they're a shit eating troll, all your gunna do is get upset yourself, meaning you lose again. Just better to mute and try your best. Finally, 3, do remember that we all have our shit matches as roles and even gods were super good on. There are sometimes players who have a lot of experience playing into certain gods, and sometimes you're just absolute dogshit on that God for that match (even with him at MR 7, there are just some matches I cant hit an Ares chain to save my goddamb life).
    It wasn't the inability to work with the team, he literally sat in solo spam jumping while we defended phoenixes. How do we know? Because we all died trying to defend and saw his POV. He literally ran back and forth in Solo lane spam jumping while the enemy was destroying our phoenixes. Not even attacking minions or pushing solo, just spam jumping... That alone is undeniable proof that he intentionally threw the match. On top of the fact that he refused to comply with all forms of communications, move out of solo, and tried to F6 just because he lost to a Sol solo early. There is no 2 sides of the story, there is literally no possible justifications for his actions other than he didn't care if we lost or won.
    Btw I as the Ares support didn't do more damage than him because I am a "super aggro tank", it was because I actually tried to defend the towers, objectives, titan, etc. unlike him that built 3 power items and never used that power to do anything.
    Last edited by Crimson7Reaper; 03-05-2019 at 08:01 PM.