Thread: Add an option in settings to auto mute enemy team at the start of every game

Junior Member Cupidhead Enigma0Gaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Add an option in settings to auto mute enemy team at the start of every game

I don't think anyone is a fan of getting laugh spammed in this game, and most peoples response to this is mute the enemy team well I shouldn't be forced to manually do it every game to have a not toxic experience because i'm human (I forget sometimes).

Its almost as if Hi Rez promotes a toxic environment and community by even allowing a laugh spam taunt to begin with it annoys me to no end and i shouldn't be forced to hear that crap. Also if anyone has this option turned on they should not be allowed to laugh or taunt either to prevent people from abusing this I.E (i cant hear you but you can hear me).

Alternatively they could just limit people to one laugh per game so they have to make it count which i would also be okay with.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MrPan565's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    no ofense, i dont like the guys that spam too but you are just asking dumb stuff.. like, its that kind of hard press tab and do 5 clicks to mute the enemy team? wtf dude..

New Member Cupidhead SepticTank53's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPan565 View Post
    no ofense, i dont like the guys that spam too but you are just asking dumb stuff.. like, its that kind of hard press tab and do 5 clicks to mute the enemy team? wtf dude..
    On console, it's not as smooth. We have to hit start, go to scoreboard in the menu, then scroll over each mic icon hitting X/Square. It's not smooth as selecting each icon is fairly slow for a menu.

On another note: Much like fighting games tea-bagging, lots of people do this as a mind game. If you get mad because not only you died but this guy is acting all pro... it's working, your going to play bad and that's the intended result of said laugh. Not all people do it thinking of the mind game effect.. some are just assholes. Either way, hard to easily agree that this would be a good change given this fact.

And no, i'm not a laugh spammer. Outside of general useful vgs commands, i like some characters lines, either as a joke, a heard by teammates only "woohoo", or some characters laughs. I never spam the stuff though, if i'm plushie artio you'll probably hear the woohoo 3 times the whole match in out of place moments.