Thread: Amaterasu passive needs work?

New Member Cupidhead weenloverbutnotguys's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371

Amaterasu passive needs work?

So Amaterasu is a god i don't see very often in any game mode, let alone conquest, which i think has to do with her relatively weak laning phase and poor poke potential in lane. She is good in team fights if she can hit multiple people with her ult and stick to a squishy, but does not stand out in many ways otherwise.

I think most of her abilities are fairly balanced, with the exception of her passive, which i think needs some changes. It's hard to get much damage out of the passive unless you're going all in, or are in a teamfight. Early levels, the extra damage increase doesn't mean much as damage levels are already low. It's obviously a positive, but it wouldn't help Amaterasu win against most other solo laners in a 1v1 scenario early, assuming equal skill levels.

I think there should be an extra affect added on Amaterasu's passive, in addition to, or as an expansion to her passive.

[B]Ideas:[B]
    1. When the aura is applied after 3 basic attacks, an additional damage amount, say 10 + 10% of physical power will be done in addition to the aura, but not be boosted by it. I would think that the damage would only apply once per target, like the aura, and can apply again after the aura is gone; if it kept doing damage after every 3 basics, it would be too good.

2. after the aura is applied, another 3 basic attacks on the same target would apply another affect, like making the aura slow, or increasing it's damage boosting effects, or decreasing enemy attack speed, etc. This change does not do the same thing as the damage idea, where it would help her out early, but it would enhance her already pretty good teamfights, and allowing Amaterasu to target frontliners in order to get the aura on the rest of the enemy team, or something similar throughout the fight instead of sticking to squishies. Depending on what effect is added after another 3 basic attacks, it could be really good or hardly impactful. Less certain about this one being viable to implement.

Conclusion:
    Amaterasu's passive is good in many situations, but i feel like adding something else to it( i would go for the flat damage after 3 idea) would help improve her early laning in conquest as well as maybe helping out her late game a bit.

I hope someone on the smite team sees this, and if so, would please consider my ideas. Thank you for reading

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ama's passive is fine. She was extremely over used in the SPL and ranked scene because of her passive aura for early game clear in duo. She dropped off when they nerfed her 1 power stance and never made it in solo because of guardian meta. Could she maybe have a small buff/revert? Sure, but that's just a number tweak.

New Member Cupidhead weenloverbutnotguys's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371
    if by numbers change, do you mean on her passive or on her other abilities? I think a new addition of any kind would spice up Amaterasu's gameplay, but maybe you're right, and a passive change would not be required. Thank you for responding.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    passive isn't as strong as it used to be because she need to land 3 autos and FBH/Fatalis don't offer enough to make up for the loss of key item in this meta after the power nerf in the early game for her 1.