Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help, what am I to do with this game and the low skill level of gameplay?

Senior Member Honoured Djungelkniv's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

I need help, what am I to do with this game and the low skill level of gameplay?

Hi.

I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do and I need solid tips on what I can do here.

I play almost exclusively Ranked Conquest. In most games, about 7 - 8 out of 10, I'm so much better than anyone else in game it gets boring really fast. I mean, not only a little better but bizarrely better than both my team mates and opponents. I've had this problem for several years and seasons now. I can't see to progress upwards in the ladder system to get more skilled players in my games. Although, at times playing late nights with few people online, I've had masters and many different pro gamers in my team and opponents teams. And yes I've killed them all 1v1 at some point during the years. This doesn't mean I'm automatically masters or pro gamer quality myself but it says something at least. Those games are few but blessed, you have to concentrate hard and can't miss one single auto, ability, misstime relic or such. Really, really fun and challenging.

They call it ELO hell. I call it highly unfair. I have maybe 9000 games in total since right out of closed beta. I know every god and nuance in my sleep basically. Why at season reset can pro gamers play 10 games, lose 5 and get placed a lot higher than other ppl with the same exact results?

No matter how dominant I am in a game, my team does the following thing in almost all of them;

1. Passive, hesitant, scared. Standing idle at tower range, not doing anything, not fighting unless in superior numbers. Not farming properly (harpies and such). Most games I'm always several levels ahead of my team members, no matter what role.

2. Not doing things according to meta. Not even close. I've seen it all, trust me, team winning a team fight only to try to attack a phoenix and take turns taking damage and later back to base with little HP. Now enemy team gets free FG. You'd literally sit all game spamming nonstop the most basic things. Strange builds and very little feeling for optimization in the game (last hitting, route planning etc).

3. Very poor hit %, no matter if ability or autos. This very often reflects in the results tab after game where I at extreme situations have more dmg alone than my whole team. Even as support.

I've been banned several times due to raging badly on trolls and I have perhaps 5 games out of 50 that are completely 5v5 normal with no trolling, dc, afk, bm etc. Most games end up with someone flaming, stealing buffs, jumping around in fountain or 1vFG to die. Also, I couldn't count the times I've seen 2 enemies, engage them only to die because my 2 team members run for their lives spamming RETREAT. People run from situations where your own team has superior numbers and levels. It's so hard to try to be the bigger man and just play when you are non stop surrounded by trolls. This is by far the worst gaming community I've ever even heard of. I often switch tabs at lobby and mute all at start and just try to find small challenges for myself in game, playing mini games like, "let's see how long I can stay alone in lane pushing before they shut me down". "Let's try steal all their jungle while dodging damage." I'm bored out of my mind.

I don't want to degrade mechanically and play style wise. I watch lots of streams and SPL and I always try to play my best so I can't just back away and stand idle at tower range, doing nothing, I gotta try playing as usual. Last week I've literally had dozens of 1v4 1v3 where I manage to kill them all alone or most of them while dying. Because my team is hiding somwhere it's safe. There's YouTube material for ages basically.

But I'm not having fun. There's no real challenge. Maybe once in 20 games. And I talk about challenge that's fair, not challenge with you doing the plays of your life 1v4 them and getting a quadra. That's for the wrong reasons because opponents are really, really bad.

I've uninstalled the game several times the last 4 years but keep coming back. Hoping that Hi Rez somehow magically fixed this but no, it's actually only getting worse. I do really love the game in itself but I'm not having fun playing it. I want a challenge with talented players, keeping you on your toes.

This season I've lost more games than I've won and I counted the ones where our team was 4v5 in effect or literally (afk in base) or where ppl troll the worst you've ever seen. 95% of those losses are in that category, even though maybe only 50% are really severe. Last week I had 6 straight 4v5's with rage quitters, DC or afk in base, waiting to lose. This happens VERY often.

So, what the hell can I do with this game? It's completely broken when it comes to ranked and matchmaking. Why doesn't the game take into consideration individual performance? If I lose a game where I'm lvl 20, my team mates lvl 14, I have top dmg and maybe a KDR such as 8/1 where my team has 0/8, 1/7, 1/12 and 3/12. Why do I still even lose TP and go even further down the rabbit hole? And how many times don't you beg your team to not surrender because, somehow you can carry the whole game alone easily and STILL they f6 and you want to rip your eyes out of your skull.

Any tips on what to do here is highly appreciated.

TLDR; Ranked sux. Sux balls.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    This game is literally making me a bad person. The frustration is running high. Normally I'm a friendly guy but hundreds of horrendous games where people just screw with you on purpose and mock you when you call them out.. well that flips you off completely. That's why I often never read one comment, mute all, leave after lobby right away. Is this how it's supposed to be? Communication is a big part of any multiplayer game. But every time I try leaving chat open, bm starts flying, stupid shit, when you ask people to ward their mid because they've died 5 times in 5 minutes, you get nothing but bs back. Slowly you get rude yourself, really looking down on people and behaving poorly due to being trolled.

I was once banned for rageing on a russian player who did literally everything you could ever think of in the game, troll wise, and laughed about it. Also, he insulted rest of team non stop when they asked him to stop. It's sooo hard not to rage on shit like this.

Also, this thread is in NO WAY meant to elevate me as a smite player, saying I'm all that and so on, you take it the completely wrong way if that's what you got out of it. Facts are facts, most games in lower divisions are unplayable. Every normal game, you'd win blindfolded while making coffe and writing a book. And the afk, dc, troll, poor players games you lose, you still do far better than anyone else. Can't deny pure facts.

I often play carry. Like, I lose lane so rarely it's funny. But that doesn't help when every other role are losing badly, even though it's fair game, 1v1, 2v2 etc. And soon comes the surrender. But mainly, the passive, scared and hesitant behavior is the worst indicator. Running, fleeing, hiding nonstop in the game. It's not real life, wtf? You don't actually die, it's just a game, try to challenge yourselves ffs.

//

Achievements:
    Next time I rage I face account suspension so it's strict not talking a single word to anyone ever. Not one. I just play my best, mute all, switch tabs in lobby. Hopefully I can improve even more as a player facing 2 - 3 opponents regularly due to team members running away from fair fights. I've basically given up on the ranked system in this game, it's beyond broken. So it's back to finding small challenges within the game, practising dodging stuff, making fancy plays and what not. Really sad that this is the future for my smite playing but what can I do?

Still looking for tips here. Playing only custom games with good players is one option but it's hard to find enough people to be available etc.

//Edit: not posting more in this thread about this, what's the point.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    You say you are top notch but I don't get how you can be stuck in silver/gold then. You must been struck with some terrible curse. I'm not the best player I probably belong somewhere in high plat, low diamond if I grind it out, which I plan to do this season. But I have no problems carrying myself out of silver and gold into lower plat. My experience in plat is that ppl follow calls, even if they are bad calls. Someone spams attack? We all attack and either die and loose objectives cause off it, or we win, even if half team probably is unsure of success rate of the attack we still attack, same with phoenix, fg and gf calls. So my advice would be to actually make the calls and give your team the chance to prepare mentally for doing things before you do them.

Last season I ended up in gold 2 or 3 after placements. I got matches vs mid plats and low diamonds almost all games but still I could carry hard enough to easily get out of gold. This season though I have no idea what players Im facing, I'm guessing plats but they prove a greater challenge then last season, I don't hard carry games this season but I do my part well enough I still think I can get to high plat / low diamond. I just ride on my comfort picks, if I knew more Gods better and understood early game meta in conq better (and the late game) I could probably get to mid diamond and if I grind it out a bit this year maybe towards end of year I will have this experience. My mid game meta is super strong as it is similar to a lot of other modes so its what I ride mostly on right now, my early is decent but I could get much better in what counters what early in 1v1, 2v2 etc. I don't duel and I don't joust so its experience I really lack.

But really I don't see how I ever would get stuck in silver or gold, to me its way easy to get out of that tier. Comfort picks and then you carry your lane and the mid game from there. I can do this from all positions comfortably except solo. I could play only support and have confidence I could impact big enough to atleast get into low plat, same with jungle, mid and carry role. The mid game is super important in this meta, so if you can get a good early (which is also important) you can just snowball, take fg and all towers and maybe 1 phoenix and from there its just way easy to control map and with advantage close the game out. Unless they are really good at defending but are they in silver/gold? In my experience they just surrender at that point even if they have a chance.

I never ever bring bad vibes to my team, I make calls when I think I know whats up and I follow calls if I'm unsure and if I know its very bad I spam, NO, wait, cancel that. It really is enough to impact enough to make the difference. If ppl start argue I try and settle the situation to get focus back on game. And yes I try my best to make the best impact. My farming still isn't the best so I'm usually not the top level but even as support and real low level you can make a huge impact. I had many games I'm lv 11 when their jungler is 14 and ppl start bitching on me. But I just got to my mid game baby. Give it 5min and I'm equal to their jungler level and I'm 20 before they are.

I don't even know what advice to give you. Maybe there is more to your own play lacking here then you think. OR maybe you really are struck with some MM curse that makes you free loose to much. If I were you I would try and reevaluate your team members, give them the chance and guidance to do better and follow up on proper calls. Rely on the once doing ok to handle their lane and their shit and help where its needed.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-22-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    You say you are top notch but I don't get how you can be stuck in silver/gold then. You must been struck with some terrible curse. I'm not the best player I probably belong somewhere in high plat, low diamond if I grind it out, which I plan to do this season. But I have no problems carrying myself out of silver and gold into lower plat. My experience in plat is that ppl follow calls, even if they are bad calls. Someone spams attack? We all attack and either die and loose objectives cause off it, or we win, even if half team probably is unsure of success rate of the attack we still attack, same with phoenix, fg and gf calls. So my advice would be to actually make the calls and give your team the chance to prepare mentally for doing things before you do them.

Last season I ended up in gold 2 or 3 after placements. I got matches vs mid plats and low diamonds almost all games but still I could carry hard enough to easily get out of gold. This season though I have no idea what players Im facing, I'm guessing plats but they prove a greater challenge then last season, I don't hard carry games this season but I do my part well enough I still think I can get to high plat / low diamond. I just ride on my comfort picks, if I knew more Gods better and understood early game meta in conq better (and the late game) I could probably get to mid diamond and if I grind it out a bit this year maybe towards end of year I will have this experience. My mid game meta is super strong as it is similar to a lot of other modes so its what I ride mostly on right now, my early is decent but I could get much better in what counters what early in 1v1, 2v2 etc. I don't duel and I don't joust so its experience I really lack.

But really I don't see how I ever would get stuck in silver or gold, to me its way easy to get out of that tier. Comfort picks and then you carry your lane and the mid game from there. I can do this from all positions comfortably except solo. I could play only support and have confidence I could impact big enough to atleast get into low plat, same with jungle, mid and carry role. The mid game is super important in this meta, so if you can get a good early (which is also important) you can just snowball, take fg and all towers and maybe 1 phoenix and from there its just way easy to control map and with advantage close the game out. Unless they are really good at defending but are they in silver/gold? In my experience they just surrender at that point even if they have a chance.
    I will view this response as an expected troll response. You haven't read what I wrote. I almost ALWAYS carry, it's just never enough. I have extreme games where I have more damage than my whole team combined and sometimes enemy teams total dmg (not together). It's never enough. I have a VERY high percentage of games where people jump around in fountain, leaving you 4v5, 3v5 etc. My smite friends sometimes view my games and say this is extremely unfair, they see exactly the things I'm talking about. If I got a quarter for every time people say "Jeez, you really are unlucky with your teams", wow, I'd be millionaire a long time ago. I have had the worst kind of trolls you could ever imagine. Where 9 people report, some write tickets to hi rez, some email them directly, some are so offended they even threat the troll with injury. Still, I could have the same troll destroying 5 straight games for an evening. And the next day, Hi Rez hasn't done anything to this person, no bans, nothing. Tbh, this community is cancer, pure fucking cancer. By far the most despicable I've ever gotten across. If I have no problems playing well with the highest ELO players in Smite and certainly not in lower divisions and with/against lower skill/elo players, well tell me, how does the math add up?

//

Achievements:
    Well you view on everything seems to be everyone is there to troll you.

Its either that or as I already said, you are cursed, sucks for you either way.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Simple concept: Ranked conquest is based on random people whom you need to work as a cohesive unit organically.

With that said, it's going to be a challenge already for everyone to try to work as a team w/o voice or using voice command system. TBH, it really is about luck and how your team mates work witch each other.

Bottom line is everyone needs to work as team and also know their roles. Simple concept but it's really hard to achieve it organically so fast.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    FYI, since you don't take my word for it, I'm playing a select number of straight games now and will list them one by one. What happened, how well my team is doing, how well I'm doing etc, point for point. And you can go anywhere to check those facts up afterwards.

It's basically all the same. Last game I was Baron solo. My team all had scores like 2/11, no one lvl 20, I was by far top dmg in team, 4/6, lvl 20, I killed some of enemies while battling 1v3. Took very little dmg as well due to dodging. My team non stop f6 and lost every lane and fight. Every single one. When we were ahead suddenly due to me inflicting very high dmg and we were up 5v3 for once. My whole team stayed behind phoenixes doing nothing.

Since I can't say one single word, I go out there alone and do what you're supposed to do when ahead in a situation, push lanes, objectives, GF, FG. This happened twice in the game.

I have no idea wha'ts being said etc since i insta mute all and switch tabs in lobby but I got 3 "You are friendly" commendations afterwards.

THIS is how my games look. Almost every single one of them. I select "fill" only to give the others a chance to play preferred roles.

//

Achievements:
    We all have the games where team lets us down, and then we have the games when we let team down. Its a question about being consistent enough to go through the games that matter. Turning all coms off at start of the game I don't think helps.

I just had a game where team started bashing our solo laner cuchu. He was 0-6 early on and he tried doing plays in mid fights but as he was so behind he just melted. And their amaterazu was a monster. Our 2 mages (one jungler mage) start making troll plays cause they are frustrated. So I try get team to stay positive telling them we can win ez cause my hunter pick Cupid was so good vs their team, vs neith, suso, athena and zhong, he counters them all hard and we got ahead in duo. I also try rotate mid a lot to help vs the suso and zhong and we start coming back. When chu dies again and talk is about to start, I tell them to relax. Eventually we win despite me making 2 really bad plays that gets me dead and we loose lots of pressure. At end of game scylla says, "cupid I love you". And I played fairly well sure but the big thing that game was that I manage to pick a God that hard countered their team and my attitude in game chat, that won us that game more then my skill with the game. Skill only gets you so far, remaining calm and playing with brain and try make team work together in engagements is more important.

Going in banzai and killing 1 or 2 or even 3 before you die might be the play at times, but sometimes its better getting the one kill then lead team toward an objective they feel secure in getting and then maybe pick another kill.

To me it sounds like maybe you try to hard to try and win big. You don't need big wins in conq very often, the small wins are more important. early and mid game it can have a bigger impact getting someone low and then backing for more farm and keep your health and mana up rather then waste your pressure diving for the kill.

As for your own builds and plays, zhong demonic is almost never optimal. I guess you think you need to do it all, aoe, adc, to win. But as solo laner its more important that you bring tank and cc (peel), so a gem or magical def could be more important. Sure its only a vulcan but if he gets you to 25% maybe its enough for team to turn and run, if you still at 75% though and push on chances increase they fill in and do their part. So even if you don't think so I think there is room for improvement in your own play as well. I mean sure apollo has no dmg, but if you can get him to late and try and have hope and faith that he will bring what is needed once he catches up then maybe he will. Also this might be one of those games that you just cannot win no matter what, important to go to next game with reset attitude, no tilt, and give those guys your best team work.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-22-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,968
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Sorry friend if you are stuck in Silver/Gold then you maybe are not as good as you think you are
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*