Thread: While we are buffing Fafnir...

Member Follower
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

While we are buffing Fafnir...

Can we also take a look at his 1 Cursed Strength? Fafnir in the support role has somewhat iffy peel IMO. His 1 is among the most skill intensive CC abilities for any Guardian. There are any number of changes that could be made to enhance the ability, but I think simply lowering its cooldown by a few seconds would be the easiest thing to do. I mean if we look at other Guardians for a moment.

Kumba Groggy Strike 10 second cooldown hits multiple targets

Ganesha Omh 10 second cooldown at max rank and silences multiple targets for longer than Faf stuns one.

TreeBoi Verdant Growth 12 second cooldown at max rank

Just a thought.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,599
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Groggy Strike is a Root and is extremely slow and telegraphed.

Omh is a channeled Silence and can be interrupted by any Hard CC baring Disarms.

Verdant Growth is another Root and also requires you to pick a god with next to no damage and zero mobility.

Cursed Strength is a ranged Stun that also slows and in Dragon Form, applies a Prot Reduction debuff.

Fafnir requires more thought and skill than other guardians, but the pay off for getting him to lategame is huge. There isn't anything wrong with some characters being more skill-intensive than others. The reward for getting Fafnir to lategame is much more worth it than a Ganesha or Sylvanus.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    "The reward for getting Fafnir to lategame is much more worth it than a Ganesha or Sylvanus." I'd say that is dependent on the quality of your teammates as both those gods offer better protection for the team than Fafnir does. Which is what my original post was talking about (his crowd control/peel). Dead players don't help anybody. Thank you for the bump.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell24 View Post
    "The reward for getting Fafnir to lategame is much more worth it than a Ganesha or Sylvanus." I'd say that is dependent on the quality of your teammates as both those gods offer better protection for the team than Fafnir does. Which is what my original post was talking about (his crowd control/peel). Dead players don't help anybody. Thank you for the bump.
    So Fafnir should be balanced around having bad teammates, but other gods shouldn't?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    You realize that a stun is a much more powerful cc than those listed, yes? Roots still allow movement abilities and attacking, and silence allows moving and attacking still. The only form of CC superior to a stun is a knock up, and that's simply because it cant suffer from diminishing returns. Fafnir is fine.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    As logn as duo is agressive he will struggle to deal with enemy supports who offer more cc or have ways around him.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Faf isnt an early pressure God, so he will always struggle against gods who are. That's the trade off. However, late game, hes a monster, with lots of lockdown, mobility, damage, and objective pressure. Lategame faf deagon 2 against objectives is a big OOF