Thread: Role Call killed Smite...

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Role Call killed Smite...

I've played Smite for a few years now, and I will say the enjoyment I got out of playing Smite is gone. I loved to pick certain gods, go in a casual conquest, pub stomp some people, and now it's over. Ever since this role call thing came out, I've picked MIDDLE and SOLO. I have gotten Carry 4 TIMES in a row, AND THEN SUPPORT. After that que, I uninstalled the game. I can't even get my role anymore. I called it first every single game, it was fair. Now based on some rng bs, I'll either get my role or not. 50% chance is not as good as the 100% chance I had before this update. I play on Xbox, and cross platform is horrendous. All my team mates get rofl stomped. I don't want to turn off cross platform because I love a challenge; however, pc players have an overwhelming advantage over console players and shouldn't IMO have been added. Even IF I can turn it off or on. The Pc community is stuck up as well. From what I experienced, I went 24 and 2 in a match with pc players, and yet they claimed I was horrible at the game. Then they went on to type in chat,"Xbox community is a joke." Wow. I BOUGHT access to the Xbox beta launch for $30. And since then have spent well over $400 on the game. It all went down the drain after this update. Smite IS NOT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. Smite had a FAIR calling system. I called it first, I got the role. Suck it up and wait for next game. IT DID NOT NEED A ROLE CALL BEFORE QUE START UP. Where as to LOL had no system at all besides typing it in chat. The role calling system worked for LOL because it never had anything before to state what role you wanted. It's so unfair now, everyone is trolling in my matches, it's been a horrible experience. So thank you. Really.
    Last edited by Luoppek; 02-13-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If the enjoyment of playing SMITE within you disappears that quickly over something so simple and has more positives than negatives (excluding bugs), then it's clear that "enjoyment" was low to begin with.

Does anyone else have an issue with role call?
    Because I am pretty sure it's just this idiot that thinks the world revolves around him and refuses to look at the positives of change before bitching about said change. Apparently, he doesn't understand that SMITE isn't dying. On the contrary, it's (extremely) slowly growing.
    Last edited by Crimson7Reaper; 02-25-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DistrugatoruI's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    huh, so that's how role calling works in smite. I thought they would let you pick a role when you queue, then keep you queued until you have a full team (1 mid, 1 jungler, 1 support, 1 adc, 1 solo). well, i suppose if they did that, queue timers would be way longer which is why they shouldn't have done this in the 1st place. maaaaan, if arena wasn't so popular we wouldn't be having these problems.

Junior Member Cupidhead DawnxBreaker's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    If the enjoyment of playing SMITE within you disappears that quickly over something so simple and has more positives than negatives (excluding bugs), then it's clear that "enjoyment" was low to begin with.

Does anyone else have an issue with role call?
    Because I am pretty sure it's just this idiot that thinks the world revolves around him and refuses to look at the positives of change before bitching about said change. Apparently, he doesn't understand that SMITE isn't dying. On the contrary, it's (extremely) slowly growing.
    I dont have a issue with it myself, and you are right, every famous game goes through these low spikes, SMITE isn't in fact dying, I swear .... these trolls.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnxBreaker View Post
    I dont have a issue with it myself, and you are right, every famous game goes through these low spikes, SMITE isn't in fact dying, I swear .... these trolls.
    Sweetie, most of the time your 2 selected role calls will get selected. Every que I been in Conquest, I've always got the role call I desired. You probably didn't pre-select your role calls in your settings? If you did then I don't know, maybe you got a string of bad luck there.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 06-19-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    I have an issue with role call. I have gotten one of the roles I chose once. I am an awful solo player. If I try to solo, I get trolled for being bad at it so I purposely dont offer to do it. I still get put as solo a lot even though I put support and carry as my roles. Calling someone sweetie is very condescending so PLEASE DO NOT call me sweetie. I agree role call was a good idea in theory but it is a real turn off for me. I do know a lot of players personally who do not like it. Role call, combined with lag on ps4, does make the game undesirable. I have joined several forums to try and correct any issues I have with lag and I get the idea it is an issue for a lot of people, like, A LOT. YES, I chose my roles in settings. I dont see that it adds anything to the game except people leaving the lobby more often because they are locked into a role they are uncomfortable playing.