Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F2P Players and the new Battle Pass (let me know your opinion)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

F2P Players and the new Battle Pass (let me know your opinion)

So, as the title says, i think the new battle pass is complete garbage and we should go back to season tickets, heres why:

-before with the season ticket, everyone got the same rewards regardless of if you spent gems or not

-now you are locked out of rewards unless you spend gems on the battle pass

- theres no such thing as a FP store when you could spend the fp on skins on top of the normal rewards.

-the chest system got removed for this bs battle pass, and we cant get more godlike chests wich were really nice for f2ps

-the f2p rewards that are supposed to compensate for the season ticket and more importantly the winner chest system completely suck

- the premium battle pass is a complete scam compared to season ticket in terms of rewards.

-no matter how much a f2p plays you wont be able to get the same rewards as the premium pass wich was not the case with the season ticket

one last thing, its just stupid that the good ol season pass is getting removed for this shit, i spent 400 gems on a split pass and the rest just grinded it by playing and managed to get rewards up to cherrybomb, wich imo is quite a lot of things and got like 6-7 skins from the fp store, all of that counting i only got 1 split ticket

and also the amount of t3 t4 skins and announcers, voice packs etc that ive gotten from godlike chests have been amazing aswell

in conclusion, i just feel like f2p players just got a big "f you" by hirez on season 6 , this was just my opinion and if im wrong with something please feel free to let me know aswell as wrting your opinion on this, thanks for reading

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think we got a big here you get lot of shit for free in s5.

Yes I think ure spoilt
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I think we got a big here you get lot of shit for free in s5.

Yes I think ure spoilt
    wait what? spoilt? i only got 1 split ticket and it was with grinded gems, all i got in s5 was through playing, i havent spent any money on this game tho :/

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by XboxChito View Post
    wait what? spoilt? i only got 1 split ticket and it was with grinded gems, all i got in s5 was through playing, i havent spent any money on this game tho :/
    Yeah you got it all for free just from playing, and now you want more

I think one season u had to buy season ticket to get the rewards at least but u could buy it with the free gems you collected so its basicly bunch of free stuff totally free.

We still get 50 gems a week to buy shit with.

And you could get everything on last season rewards without a single ticket if u hanged on mixer.

add gem storm etc
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    personally, I really like the battle pass a lot more than the season ticket.

- You can actually get gems by progressing the premium tier
    - the cost itself is just 600 gems for the whole pass - that is a lot cheaper than spending 400 gems on each split, although durations are similar.
    - The end goal of the battle pass actually feel managable. 80k fp points to get to the end was simply overkill and almost not managable without buying a ticket every season.
    - We get new battlepass quests every week! I'd gives me a reason to play certain modes or doing certain things, rather than going into matches randomly. We didn't have that with fp.
    - However I dislike that the bp boosters are a lot weaker than the fp boosters (20% increase instead of double fp)
    Last edited by GoIdschuss; 02-12-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Yeah you got it all for free just from playing, and now you want more

I think one season u had to buy season ticket to get the rewards at least but u could buy it with the free gems you collected so its basicly bunch of free stuff totally free.

We still get 50 gems a week to buy shit with.

And you could get everything on last season rewards without a single ticket if u hanged on mixer.

add gem storm etc
    This is a matter of principle at this point.
    The Battlepass is more greedy system that splits the player base in free and paid players where it punishes you for being free.
    Im in SMITE since season one i saw all season tickets and i bought all cause it was a great and better system.
    Instead of making it better they decided for s6 to make it worse... and show that they care about more about money and they dont care about the players at this point.

The season tickets were a way to reward ALL ragrdless of free or paid players. Free got x1 paid got x2 points but all had access to the SAME rewards unlike now.
    Now is like everything for the paid players and a middle finger for the free players.
    The season ticket felt like a big thank you for playing our game even if youre free. Season 5 ticket was amazing if we dont count the 80k points requirement. You know why it was amazing in the end ? Cause ot the fantasy point store. It was another way to reward again both Paid and Free players for playing the game.

Yes players can still but the Pass with free gems but as a matter of principle i have to ask. Do you really want to support such a greedy behaviour ? Can you honestly say after years of having a perfect system for all that this is better spliting the playerbase and strong arming people to pay ?

Calling a free player for being rewarded from the devs for playing the game Spoiled is just stupid at this point.
    He expressed a genuine concern about the state of the battlepass that should concern even you if you went trough the season tickets.
    The pass is not player friendly.
    If youve been here for a long time you should be concern about new players and how they see every system.
    Shit like this can push away players which Smite needs atm.
    Rockerbaby you should apologize to XboxChito. Acting condescending to him just for being free paints a bad picture for all as a community

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Hello you get treated better if you buy a 1st class ticket ride. Why would it be different here? Yeah if I paid a premium pass, of course I want to have royal treatment. It's your decision to remain on 3rd class during the duration of your journey so what you pay is what you get. I don't see what the big deal is when clearly it's obvious that if you spend more, you will get more back in return. It's up to you as a consumer if this is worth your time, effort, and budget.

In the end as a f2p or a premium you get free items. However, you get more if you pay. It's a simple concept.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Hello you get treated better if you buy a 1st class ticket ride. Why would it be different here? Yeah if I paid a premium pass, of course I want to have royal treatment. It's your decision to remain on 3rd class during the duration of your journey so what you pay is what you get. I don't see what the big deal is when clearly it's obvious that if you spend more, you will get more back in return. It's up to you as a consumer if this is worth your time, effort, and budget.

In the end as a f2p or a premium you get free items. However, you get more if you pay. It's a simple concept.
    Again downgrading from a superior system that was fair to all to one that favors only paying is greedy and strongarms people into paying.
    You cant go from system that worked to system that doesnt. Again free players get next to nothing. Its like getting a participation sticker for your time and effort in the game when before they rewarded you equally.
    At the moment youre really trying to support a greedy trend and tactic.
    Before F2P gets you the same rewards as Premium just slower a lot slower considering they cant vote and get x1.
    Premium had faster progression. Access to voting and x2 time points and the quests for 500 fp(your royal treatment your majesty)

Now everything is locked behind paying and f2p get nothing. An icon and a chest that gives you boosters 9 times out of 10 are not worth while rewards for your time and effort.
    Not to mention systems like that can ACTUALLY discourage people to invest and pay in the game. Specially after they had a better system in place. You can be a cash cow that can be milked if you want thats your decision but im not gonna support this practice so i wont invest any money in the game anymore. Went trough 4 odysseys and all season tickets thats enough.

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    TLDR

If I were to break it down:
    - F2P as poor, who have not spent a single cent on the game
    -> The new system does not change much for the poor, who either have zero $ to spend or make a conscious decision to not spend a single dime on Smite or any other game.
    - Occasional spenders as middle class
    -> The new system will change a lot more for the middle class, who are squeezed. Players in this class will occasionally open their wallet during big sales.
    - Big spenders aka whales as elite class
    -> The new system does not change much for the elite, who continue spending and getting nearly everything that is available in the game.

For the F2P (zero $ spent), sure they have less things to get in this Battle Pass system. However, all the rewards are cosmetic and do not impact gameplay at all. Only thing that may impact gameplay is the advantage that some skins can confer. This is mitigated by HiRez making changes to fix any such skin-related issues in the various game patches.

What do the F2P get in this Battle Pass? I did not note down the number of Chests and Boosters or Favor amount available to F2P.

Free Track
    - 1 Announcer Pack
    - 1 Avatar
    - ? Chests
    - ? Boosters
    - ? Favor

Premium Track
    - 4 skins (Sol Chibi, SWK Infinite Shift, Nemesis Scarlet Judgement, Anubis Heavy Hitter)
    - 27 Battle Pass Team Boosters
    - 1 Skin Booster
    - 5 Voice Pack Boosters
    - 200 Gems
    - Six 5% Battle Pass Boosters
    - 6000 Favor
    - 21 Chests
    -> 2 Cutesy Avatar Treasure Chests
    -> 2 Hero Treasure Chests
    -> 7 Champion Treasure Chests
    -> 10 Enigma Chests
    - 1 Loading Frame
    - 1 Announcer Pack
    - 1 Emote
    - 1 Jump Stamp
    - 1 Smitetropolis Pedestal
    - 1 Loading Screen
    - 1 Title
    - 1 Recall Skin

What does this mean? - Paying customers have access to a lot more cosmetic items, which is absolutely valid. F2P players still get some stuff, just a lot less compared to Season 5. There isn't much justification for F2P to complain here.

The hardest hit are the occasional spenders. - The big spenders just keep pumping in $, without feeling much of a pinch. But the occasional spenders feel the impact.

Let's look at annual costs. Each Battle Pass phase will last for 2 months (based on what I know). So:
    - 2018 Season Ticket full annual cost - 400 x 3 = 1200 gems
    - 2019 Battle Pass full annual cost - 600 x 6 = 3600 gems

At first glance, that's triple the cost. However, taking note that the first Battle Pass gives 200 gems over its course, we can take each Battle Pass price at 400 gems. This means 400 x 6 = 2400 gems.

That's still double the cost. For the occasional spender, that's 1200 less gems available to spend on skins that come out for every patch, less available to spend on the various bundles that will be launched over the course of 2019.

Not forgetting that even though 200 gems are returned per Battle Pass (assumption), it still means having to fork out more $ upfront. I guess one can look at it as having to pay rent + security deposit, with the deposit $ eventually being returned to you.

Its likely that future Odyssey stuff and game bundles will go the same route, costing much more $ upfront than previous years, while giving some rebate back, or giving some kind of discount. Marked up full price, followed by a discount.

Occasional spenders will have a tighter budget to spend on stuff. People will have to really look into what they really really need/want and spend according to their budget. Make wise $ decisions.

If the Battle Pass is not working and bringing in less $, then HiRez will price things for future Battle Passes accordingly.

As for why HiRez is doing it like this, I'm guessing its to do with them pumping in a bit more $ into the pro scene, as well as having to work on cross-platform, to expand the playerbase.

HiRez has moved 2019 SPL to LAN fully, and providing travel budget (hotel, flight) for those not moving to US and a housing subsidy to organizations for them to provide for their roster of players moving permanently to US.

So on the whole, HiRez is looking to spend more $ to make a better product to make more $, and with a better product, they can charge more $ to bring in more revenue from paying customers.

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GoIdschuss View Post
    - the cost itself is just 600 gems for the whole pass - that is a lot cheaper than spending 400 gems on each split
    Its 600 gems for this first Battle Pass, which will last 7 weeks (approximately 2 months). You get back 200 gems over the course of the Battle Pass.

Previous cost is 400 x 3 = 1200 gems.
    New cost will be (600-400)*6 = 2400 gems.