Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: being forced to play cross play

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DarkonSA's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Its not just the communication its the basic meta of the game/modes, xbox players I've dealt with since cross play love to simply chase kills and clash and joust is a joke, with kill chasers going to get slaughtered and no tower pushes/defense no teamwork or coordination and very very few vgs users. There several vgs users in xbox but its usually sarcastic spam (VER VVX), no valued team contribution, like VAT1, VD1,....). Personally WHEN they make it an option in settings I'll DISABLE all cross play. I dont want to play with folks that cant defend middle lane in clash at start, hunters and other trolls starving their mages of mana by stealing blue buff, and a whole list of garbage going on. I've played a coulpe dozen matches since crossplay and all objective matches were a joke.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    Exactly what I mean, I know pc has their fare share of trolls but 95% of the console players ive come across are playing like its maplestory or just curious what the game is about, very very few console players ive seen care about strategy and want to win. I personally havnt had a console since the original halo on xbox so im not sure if things has changed how console players see the game but honestly its easy to tell the pc player from the console player.

unfortunately I am still being forced to play crossplay because I cant find any matches as "PC only"

setting the game to "PC only" (is what its called) is in your settings under the "user interface" tab and the "enable cross play"

Achievements:
    "" setting the game to "PC only" (is what its called) is in your settings under the "user interface" tab and the "enable cross play" """ Thank you! I'd rather wait 20minutes for a game then spend an hour with them not completing clash, etc.

(Edit: 5 consecutive arena queues later, no match. I see what you ^^ mean. Sounds like titan needs to fix it, as in only players that have it turned on are eligible for the queue, what it should mean is any player that is pc, and has it off is eligible for that basis as well) Along that same note I'ld love never to see anyone below player level X (100 would be nice) That would eliminate a lot of trolls/feeders, but at the same time might make some excellent newcomer's invisible to me.
    Last edited by DarkonSA; 02-13-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    So then I gather your perspective is that Xbox players are horrible. Although I have experienced really bad players from Xbox it's usually in Arena and I just figured they are just new trying to lean a character just like any PC player would do and just fail.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    I really hate to be down on anyone or a group, but sadly yes, the xbox community I've experienced to date are not team/goal oriented and lack the basic communication (vgs) skills, understanding, metas to play any objective based mode. (except arena, but thats hardly objective based). As to skills? Within the platform, under those conditions and their peers, I guess they are ok, but its funny as heck to see someone on xbox driving straight at you to attack because they apparently cant aim and move at the same time or its a harder skill for them. SMITE on xbox seems to "Battle royal" on different maps. I dont think this is an unwarranted opinion as "ranked" only allows same platform type and all the pro's are PC (Ask Rival if thats an xbox infront of them)
    For now, I'm not going to play non-ranked objective based modes and arena gets pretty darn boring after a while......guess those thousands of hours and gems are gonna waste......

signing off....until they fix someting..............

Junior Member Cupidhead Kheldren's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    The only thing I do not like about the X-play is each key combo in the chat shows what kind of controller made it. It makes the chat hard to read.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    There honestly is a difference in skill level between console and PC players due to the controllers. I think this was best exemplified by the top 5 play videos where you can clearly see that console players can't turn as quickly and end up passing on free autos or losing situations due to not being able to dodge as easily etc. (there was one play where the person literally just walked past the entire enemy team in the narrow jungle because no one on the enemy team could turn fast enough to hit him)

It's not to say that console players themselves are bad but that controllers are just a handicap when compared to a mouse and keyboard.
    They've got us surrounded. Those poor bastards.

-Lewis.B "chesty" puller

Favourite gods: Ne Zha,Sun Wukong,Xing tian,Hades,ullr

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've had 3 box players on my team so far (1 in 3 games) and I won all those matches, I have nothing to complain about.

But then I'm not playing in low tier.

MMR will sort this out as time goes, the horrible xbox players will end up with horrible PC players. Its still only a few days in season give it 2 weeks and mmr will have sorted it all out.
    Rocking the boat

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I've had 3 box players on my team so far (1 in 3 games) and I won all those matches, I have nothing to complain about.

But then I'm not playing in low tier.

MMR will sort this out as time goes, the horrible xbox players will end up with horrible PC players. Its still only a few days in season give it 2 weeks and mmr will have sorted it all out.
    What are you talking about it doesnt matter how far we will be into season the MM is same and its garbage
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    TBH I like the cross playing and you are meeting new players too. Granted you get a lot of fails but you know at this point, I don't let that stuff ruin my game anymore.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!