Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why was loki nerfed?

New Member Cupidhead rockafella33's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

why was loki nerfed?

can anyone explain to me why loki was nerfed? i see he got his stealth defense nerfed. wasnt he already to delete though? so why? and i saw his damage nerf. Why? wasnt that already dealt with when you counter build. i see alot of people have changed there minds about loki recently lol. Can someone fill me in?

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Loki been OP since Hydra buff and Trans buff also helped him a lot. While many assass needed a little boost with these items (and hunters building smth different then devos every game), Loki didn't, and it made his auto cancel combo hit way to hard. That is why his attack chain got 0.75, specifically to make Hydra combo less potent.

Loki has always been a good niche pick in smite no matter what people say. His split push, or for other modes burst was always strong. Hydra buff took him over the top. I mean I'm a terrible loki and I could hard carry arena games with him all s5. Late s5 to my surprise all enemy team had midgardian or BoV built I guess it was for me. What other God in smite makes everyone buy a def item that normally doesn't? I mean that would be a hint something is wrong. A whole team shouldn't need to counter build one God on enemy team. Further his winrate in conq for s5 is quite good, sitting at 50% or more across all divisions.

As for why they removed his mitigation on 1, I have really no idea but I think it will matter little playing him. You either juke stuff in stealth or you die, with or without mitigations.

I don't think Loki will fall out of style one bit, he is still very strong. When people start to forget how OP he was in s5 he might get a little buff down the road who knows (if he under performs hard), personally with current meta, I don' think he would need it though. There are a lot of other builds viable for loki he can wreck with and Hydra build will still be good.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-12-2019 at 12:53 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Because he was overpowered for the whole season and they pretty much buffed all of his items.

Junior Member Cupidhead Jakxcombat's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Because he was overpowered for the whole season and they pretty much buffed all of his items.
    How is he overpowered? Literally almost any amount of team communication takes him out of the fight, not to mention he's not exactly tanky so the second he appears you can punish him heavily. Also I fail to see how you call him overpowered when he does what literally every ability based assassin does in 100-0 in one combo or most assassins in general so what made loki so op out of all of them if they all do the same thing?

Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakxcombat View Post
    How is he overpowered? Literally almost any amount of team communication takes him out of the fight, not to mention he's not exactly tanky so the second he appears you can punish him heavily. Also I fail to see how you call him overpowered when he does what literally every ability based assassin does in 100-0 in one combo or most assassins in general so what made loki so op out of all of them if they all do the same thing?
    Not every assassin had the joy of 100-0'ing you from unbreakable stealth with slow immunity, movement speed, and damage mitigation in the span of a second. His kit is horribly designed and outdated and is in need of reworking, but since Hirez doesn't want to go the hard way, they went the easy way and made the no-skill god take a bit more thought.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

New Member Cupidhead Imaguest18's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    How was loki over powered when you could counter build him? Its been the same strategy against him forever.

2. Why nerf mitigation when he is a very well known glass cannon. Now how will loki survive people spamming abilities when hes invisable lol

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    The mitigation had to go for reasons I've explained before: it doesn't belong on his kit. He's broken, period. Shit gods can still have broken kits. He needs a rework, and no good Loki kit has that mitigation and unbreakable stealth.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaguest18 View Post
    How was loki over powered when you could counter build him? Its been the same strategy against him forever.
    Almost all of his items he bought were buffed, the meta was burst, and he could easily erase you in less than a second even if you had defense. If you didn't have Aegis you were 100% dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaguest18 View Post
    Why nerf mitigation when he is a very well known glass cannon. Now how will loki survive people spamming abilities when hes invisable lol
    Glass cannons aren't supposed to have protection boosts or damage mitigation, the whole purpose of a glass cannon is being super squishy but capable of doing heavy damage.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Cupidhead Jakxcombat's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    [QUOTE=Goobis;935716]Almost all of his items he bought were buffed, the meta was burst, and he could easily erase you in less than a second even if you had defense. If you didn't have Aegis you were 100% dead.

I guess I'm not understanding why loki got nerfed as almost every ability based assassin builds the same thing loki does maybe with like a one or two item variation, and they all 100-0 you. However, at the same time i agree loki didn't really need the damage mitigation on his 1 and I've played loki for hundreds of hours and I didn't even know it had damage mitigation as you don't use it for that.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The first auto in the attack chain was lowered to lower his burst potential. If you play it right, you get 3 hydra procs in a very small window with 2 auto resets as well.