Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why was loki nerfed?

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,781
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakxcombat View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding why loki got nerfed as almost every ability based assassin builds the same thing loki does maybe with like a one or two item variation, and they all 100-0 you. However, at the same time i agree loki didn't really need the damage mitigation on his 1 and I've played loki for hundreds of hours and I didn't even know it had damage mitigation as you don't use it for that.
    The big reason on why he was nerfed wasn't because of him being grossly overpowered or meta-defining, it was for the health of the game.

Nobody likes fighting Loki, casuals don't, ranked players don't, pro-players don't. His entire design is to stall matches and split push constantly with his stealth and decoy which will clear an entire wave baring a Brute Minion, until the point where he stun-locks you and kills you out of bloated stealth in a single second. That's not fun or enjoyable to play against, playing and getting full build for 30 minutes only to have yourself die before you can even react.

They nerfed him because he was essentially making the game unfun for a majority of the players, which pretty much happens any time Loki is a viable conquest pick. He's one of those characters where if viable, he's literally everywhere.

Before the nerf practically every other game I played had a Loki on it, all playing the same camp/farm game, until he got his Hydras/Joutens online and murdered you from stun-lock. The same having to never leave your squishy alone because the second you did, he got global'd for 2000+ damage in the span of 1-2 seconds.

In the case of other gods like Pele, Nemesis, Thor, or Susano'o who would build similarly to Loki, its worth getting the easy example out that none of them have invisibility. All of them may build differently sure, but none of these gods play the same way Loki will. They are very aggressive and want to fight you when possible, or peel for allies. Loki's sole purpose of existing is to obliterate the carries and he does absolutely nothing else for a teamfight.

He needs a rework, but they never will do it.
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-23-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well loki has the highest pwr scaling of all assas i think. He also has the best attack chain (even after nerf) as its super fast base attack speed and animation. Also extra dmg from back, freely provided from ult. This all added together makes for singel target dps bloat.

No mitigation on burst gods? Zhong and da ji laughs all the way to the bank. Also ravana but his scalings are not where close.

New Member Cupidhead imaguest89's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    lokis damage i can understand but him losing his mitigation makes no sense. there are numerous things in this game that counters loki hard, counter building, wards, abilities, communication, . you can have all these counters in 1 game at once. shutting down loki was never a problem everyone always had a problem with his damage. why would they nerf his mitigation when he was always easy to shut down. in no where shape form or fashion was it broken it never made him OP. it was a extremely strong defensive feat with 25% mitigation. and yet he was still a straight glass. why the hell would they take it away. all he is now is a bubble.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,968
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by imaguest89 View Post
    lokis damage i can understand but him losing his mitigation makes no sense. there are numerous things in this game that counters loki hard, counter building, wards, abilities, communication, . you can have all these counters in 1 game at once. shutting down loki was never a problem everyone always had a problem with his damage. why would they nerf his mitigation when he was always easy to shut down. in no where shape form or fashion was it broken it never made him OP. it was a extremely strong defensive feat with 25% mitigation. and yet he was still a straight glass. why the hell would they take it away. all he is now is a bubble.
    I dont think you have touched ranked above Diamond+ games also wards doesnt counter stealth and if by counter building you mean building 4 deffense items so that Loki wouldnt been able kill you then i guess
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

New Member Cupidhead Inaguest56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    I dont think you have touched ranked above Diamond+ games also wards doesnt counter stealth and if by counter building you mean building 4 deffense items so that Loki wouldnt been able kill you then i guess
    Yea thats why i just said i understood his damage nerf lmao.

His mitigation nerf though made no sense he was still a easy kill with it. It wasnt broken it never made him OP. why would they nerf it as if he wasnt already a 1 shot.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,781
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Inaguest56 View Post
    Yea thats why i just said i understood his damage nerf lmao.

His mitigation nerf though made no sense he was still a easy kill with it. It wasnt broken it never made him OP. why would they nerf it as if he wasnt already a 1 shot.
    Because glass cannons who can could kill you in a second don't need damage mitigation.

He's a stealth assassin with heavy burst, it made no sense for him to have it.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

New Member Cupidhead imguest100's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Because glass cannons who can could kill you in a second don't need damage mitigation.

He's a stealth assassin with heavy burst, it made no sense for him to have it.
    thats been something noobs have been saying sense the dawn of time even after the item buffs loki can still be built against effectively. 2 defensive items is just enough for you to respond to a loki. and with all the hybrid items in the games its not hard to tank him and do good damage. that put with good team communication and you can entirely shit on loki. loki literally empties his kit on 1 person. if your team has a IQ remotely over 2, they can easily kill a god with all there abilities on cooldown that's right next to them. Loki has audio Ques for his location which is a dead give away of him approaching, without that mitigation it wont be hard to 1 shot him as he is invisible when you hear him.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by imguest100 View Post
    thats been something noobs have been saying sense the dawn of time even after the item buffs loki can still be built against effectively. 2 defensive items is just enough for you to respond to a loki. and with all the hybrid items in the games its not hard to tank him and do good damage. that put with good team communication and you can entirely shit on loki. loki literally empties his kit on 1 person. if your team has a IQ remotely over 2, they can easily kill a god with all there abilities on cooldown that's right next to them. Loki has audio Ques for his location which is a dead give away of him approaching, without that mitigation it wont be hard to 1 shot him as he is invisible when you hear him.
    So now you actually gotta get a bit creative with your builds to make loki work, can't just copy paste the go to build everyone used lately and expect it to work everytime. And now you actually gotta wait for people to get to 70% hp if they have a defense item before you go in to pop them, like assassins are meant to be played. And now you actually gotta wait for enemy to commit into a team fight and do your thing at the proper time admits its chaos. Now you actually gotta save the loki pick for teams that offer enough team fight as 4 creating enough chaos for the pick to work. Cause if people are facing your whole team at the front and you jump someone who is damaged in the back, they gotta make a choice, turn around to deal with you and let your team roll over them or ignore you and deal with your team. Before nerf Loki could be played pretty brainlessly and one shot most squish carry type so fast that position and timing was almost irrelevant and that was stupid.

I mean two ms items extra and people will not experience any sound que whatsoever before you land on them from invis. And with blink you can still sit close to your own front and have like a 100 yard ult range into their back, just gotta wait for right moment, and then you can invis and wait out the next situations from there.

they can easily kill a god with all there abilities on cooldown that's right next to them.
    I mean this is the case for any God in the game. If you initiate as an assassin like that you are doing it very wrong, unless you are smth like Thor, Batz or a magis serqet. The trick is waiting the right situation out, having your team bait out enough CDs that you can risk going in. Or you know get a mage like Agni that punishes grouping and combo breaks a bit, Agni + Loki was always a great combo. For conq make sure to run a tanky jungler like Ymir, Achilles that can progress into a hybrid tank late game so you do not gimp your front line just to run loki. That is his biggest problem in conq tbh taking away the warrior, with peels, aoe dmg and utility to get a one man ganker. If people adjusted comp in conq for a loki pick it wouldn't be even close as bad having him as many make it out to be, and imagine he went over 50% win rate despite teams often lacking a proper frontline.

Loki as he was all s5 didn't need much thought at all to be played, at worst he got a kill then died and it was a 4v4. If you put down the mage or adc that could be a worth trade and you could win thinking you are a great assass. Now you actually gotta have timing and understanding of the game to make the pick work, well buhu :P
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-26-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Amazingly, I did even realize his stealth had a damage mitigation so that was new news to me. And does that really make a difference or impact him greatly? NO it doesn't because once he disappears, you have to guess where he is to hit him. When I play him, I also grab belt of frenzy, and if I activate that, then do his 3, and 4, it's game over for most all who don't have damage mitigation. This I do find it a bit too powerful, but at the same time, you have to time it correctly which can be challenging.

So I am like torn and really undecided about how I feel about Loki's kit. Part of me feels he's fine that way that he is, but part of me does think his kit can be OP. I'm on neutral territory on this subject.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

New Member Cupidhead imaguest15's Avatar
    Literally everyone knows loki was bad, only new players or low skilled players complain about because he has entirely no team fights whats so ever. every assasin in the game can do exactly what loki does but better more consistently and more effectively. The damage on lokis kit was adjusted for reasonable reasons because of the item buffs, but for his stealth was dumb. Loki has sound ques that lets you know when he goes invisible. which is why he had mitigation so players couldnt just 1 shot him invisible, It is why he is immune to movement debuffs. Loki is already easy to kill. and there is literally no problem killing him so why make it easier to kill him? See how that doesnt make any sense? Loki is bad. period his WIn rate went up temp and went right back down. He never gets play time in the pro scene at all. in s7 he was decent but still on the line of bad, due to him having Zero team fight. The nerf was stupid.