Thread: God Idea - Ran, Robber of the Deep

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

God Idea - Ran, Robber of the Deep

Hey, welcome back! It's been a while since my last God Idea. I grew uninspired and bogged by life. But enough of me. I had this concept of Ran for a few weeks now, getting inspiration from a few places, and deciding I like the idea of her being an assassin. Without further ado, this is my eighth God Idea

Robber of the oceans, claimer of souls lost at sea, and hoarder of worldly wealth. Ran is the one who dwells beneath the waters, ready to steal anything from those above, from dropped treasure, to souls from Asgard. She and her husband, Aegir, are giants of the sea, ruling over the depths below the surface. Together they had 9 daughters, all who are the personification of the waves themselves.

Unlike most giants who maintain a strained and often violent history with the Aesir and Vanir, Aegir and Ran frequently have the god over for feasts, throwing many parties and enjoying the company of those who other giants would call foes.

But now, the gods have all disappeared, the mortals gone to war, and with them, their treasure... Ran comes from the deep to claim what she believes to be rightfully hers in this, the battlefield of the gods!

Title: Robber of the deep
    Pantheon: Norse
    Type: Melee, Physical
    Class: Assassin
    Pros: Crowd Control, Medium Single Target Damage
    Difficulty: ???
    Stats
    Health: 500 (+75)
    Mana: 320 (+37)
    Speed: 355 (+0)
    Range: 12 (+0)
    Attack/Sec: 1 (+1%)
    Basic Attack
    Damage: 35 (+2.3) + 100% of Physical Power
    Progression: 1/1/.5/2
    Protection
    Physical: 12 (+2.8)
    Magical: 30 (+0.9)
    Regen
    HP5: 8 (+0.8)
    MP5: 4.3 (+0.4)

PASSIVE: Ocean Hoarder
    After using two abilities, her next basic attack grants her +5 Gold, and has a 30% chance of stealing a Loot Bag. A Loot Bag is a unique consumable to Ran, that when used, grants Ran an item from the following list. If all her consumable slots are taken, the bag and item are consumed immediately.

Additionally, Ran hoards every body she collects until they either float away, or she returns to base. Every minion of junle monster she kills, grants one Hoard stack. Large Jungle monsters provide 3 stacks. Enemy Gods and Epic Jungle monsters provide 5. Each stack grants her additional Penetration and Movement Speed. Every 5 seconds, she loses 3 stacks. Gaining a stack resets the timers. Maximum 15 stacks.

• Gold Bag (40-100 Gold)
    • Mana Potion
    • Health Potion
    • Multi Potion
    • Ward

Penetration per Hoard Stack: 1
    Movement Speed: +0.6

Ability 1: Ripping Wave
    Ran rakes her nails through the waters, creating a violent waves the surges before her, ending with a jet of water, dealing damage on both. As she moves, she controls the direction of the wave a bit, curving it. By moving left or right as she casts this ability, the wave curves with her. If she is moving forward or back, the wave becomes longer and shorter respectively.

Wave Damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (+50% of your Physical Power)
    Jet Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 (+50% of your Physical Power)

Cooldown: 15 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85

Ability 2: Net Cast
    Ran tosses her net out to target location, where the net becomes hidden except to her. The net has a radius of 15 units. After 5s, or if she recasts the ability, the net is pulled back to her, all enemies caught in the radius take damage and are pulled 15 units in her direction, and are rooted for a duration.

Damage: 50/65/80/95/110 (+70% of your Physical Power)
    Root Duration: 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 seconds

Cooldowns: 16 seconds
    Mana Cost: 90/110/130/150/170

Ability 3: Deep Sea Dive
    Ran sinks below the water, channeling for 1 second as she does. She gains stealth as she swims, but can be seen by enemies with a range of 12 unit. She loses stealth upon taking or dealing damage. She can move through walls during this time. Her other abilities can be cast from stealth without making noise.

Cooldown: 18 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 70

Ultimate: Into the Deep!
    Ran dives underwater and appears at target location, dragging enemies in the area underwater, dealing damage to them. If she manages to drown an enemy god, she may cast the ability again at no cast within 10 seconds. If the target is affected by her Net Cast, Deal additional damage.

Damage: 200/300/400/500/600 (+100% Physical Damage)
    Net Damage: 20/40/60/80/100

Cooldown: 120 seconds
    Mana Cost: 100

New Member Cupidhead ScrubsMcNubbs's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    I like the idea, but I feel like it could do some refinement.

I really like the first two ability ideas. The second ability, in particular, reminds me of a character from Battlerite, Thorn, at least somewhat. Still, I feel like there's a few things that need to be done, namely:

-In the case of her 1, knowing it's radius and range (that is, it's width and length) would be beneficial for clarification
    -I personally feel like a Root might be too much, and would say maybe make it a slow
    -The mana cost of her 2 is pretty drastic, I'd lower it by at least 10 overall

For her 3rd ability, is the 1 second channel the spell's duration, as well? And what benefits does she get for leveling her 3?

The Ult's idea is great, but I feel like having a mobile Scylla ult is a little bit too much. I would suggest something like a 80% cooldown reduction (or maybe even more?). Also, would the damage she does to the enemies be instantaneous, or over time, sort of slowly drowning them in it?

Finally, what Gods did you use as a reference? I feel like her Health and Mana are way too high for an Assassin.

Junior Member Cupidhead MordridtheBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubsMcNubbs View Post
    I like the idea, but I feel like it could do some refinement.

I really like the first two ability ideas. The second ability, in particular, reminds me of a character from Battlerite, Thorn, at least somewhat. Still, I feel like there's a few things that need to be done, namely:

-In the case of her 1, knowing it's radius and range (that is, it's width and length) would be beneficial for clarification
    -I personally feel like a Root might be too much, and would say maybe make it a slow
    -The mana cost of her 2 is pretty drastic, I'd lower it by at least 10 overall

For her 3rd ability, is the 1 second channel the spell's duration, as well? And what benefits does she get for leveling her 3?

The Ult's idea is great, but I feel like having a mobile Scylla ult is a little bit too much. I would suggest something like a 80% cooldown reduction (or maybe even more?). Also, would the damage she does to the enemies be instantaneous, or over time, sort of slowly drowning them in it?

Finally, what Gods did you use as a reference? I feel like her Health and Mana are way too high for an Assassin.
    I agree with knowing the range and radius of her first ability.

A root is fine on her second ability as is the duration. The mana cost is acceptable as well.

The channel is not the duration, a channel is the amount of time it takes to cast the ability, usually without being able to move (or moving cancelling the ability cast).

Having a mobile Ult isn't that bad, some Assassins have this and are fine *coughThanatoscough*.

And yeah her stats seem a bit high, for a non-bruiser type Assassin like Thor. I would take these down closer to that of Loki maybe.

Adding onto that with my own thoughts though

Her passive is fine, leave it be.

Is her first ability durational? And if so please add that info.

What is the min/max range of her second ability? Even target abilities like this need that.

Is her third ability durational? If so add that as well. If not, then it needs a constant mana drain until; damage is taken, damage is given, the ability is recast. Add in appropriate numbers.