Thread: Semi-beginning player, Ranged preference

Junior Member Cupidhead Kheldren's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Semi-beginning player, Ranged preference

I have a strong prerference to playing ranged: Mage and hunter. I have been learning Ra, Kulkulkan, Anubis, Neith, and am working on Chiron. What would be some other good learning deities? I am also pulling out of auto-purchase to learn what the items do. What are suggestions or stats to look for?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Hello!

As for hunters I would suggest Cupid or Medusa. They both have fast escapes that could make it easier for you if you're having troubles with positioning.

Cupid is fairly simple to understand and has some healing abilities so you can always help your team even when you're having troubles aiming.

Medusa has a ''forget it'' kind of passive which allows her to strafe easier from side to side with no penalties and she has 50% less movement speed reduction while moving backwards. She has her unique gimmicks but you don't need lots of skills to do well with her.

As for mages, I'd suggest Scylla & Ah Puch.

Scylla also has an escape so she's harder to step on and since it's a leap, it allows her to escape certain ultimates unscathed like Odin's walls or Ganesh's pillars. She's got high damaging abilities with fairly large AoEs, her root projectile hitting multiple targets at level 5.

Ah Puch has a basic combo that's highly damaging. He's easier to do well with than most other mages but he lacks an escape and is fairly slow so you need to move more carefully with him. His ultimate allows you to control the teamfight easily, blocking an entire lane from enemies.

Item-wise, since you're beginning you might wanna look for some cooldown items like Chronos Pendant, spear of desolation or shoes of focus. These will allow you have more opportunities at landing abilities on enemies; you might miss more things than an experienced player so it'd help you in this regard. After that I would look for some penetration against tanky gods (guardians & warriors, some mages) because otherwise you won't be effective. Lifesteal might also help you a lot in the end.

If you're having troubles with dying too often, don't hesitate to pick up defensive items. You'll particularly need those against burst gods like Loki & Bastet (at the lower levels).

For hunters items I would look for some pure power & penetration for ability based hunters like Neith, maybe some more cooldowns on them too. For auto-attacks based hunters like Chiron (who is more of a hybrid hunter), Medusa and Cupid you'll need some lifesteal & attack speed. Focus on power or crits if you're having troubles hitting your shots; there's no shame here, but it'll help more if the single hit you landed hits for 800 than the 300 of an attack speed build.

I'm in no way a pro so my advices are to be taken lightly, but I hope it helped a bit
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person.. but it's harder to win an argument against a stupid person.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rama is one of the stronger hard carries, its good to know how to play him.

A nice middle ground is xbal. He comes online mid game and if you harassed enemy well and got his passive up you will be at your prime. He is a fairly good hard carry thanks to passive and his 1. One of my favs since season 2.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm a returning player and I've been having a bunch of fun and success with Izinami.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    If you wanna be good at this game you should learn Janus, he is very basic, but hard to master. Remebr to utilize his range. He have a lot of range and his Blueballs are easy to hit, dont aim, just spam in general direction, enemy will more often juke into the ability than not.

His combo is making someone fall into your portal, then wait 1 quick sec and use your blueballs to destroy them.
    Dont mind if you dont hit ult, use it for cc imunity and mobility before anything else.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I'll second the suggestion for Izanami; I've always found her to be pretty fun and straightforward and having an escape and wave clear is definitely a benefit for a new player. Skadi is also a personal favorite of mine, and Kaldr wrecks noobs. Then there's also Sol which functions as an ADC mage to give you the best of both worlds.

Discordia would be my recommendation for mages; I usually do very well with her and her ult wrecks noobs at low levels. Poseidon is also pretty fun, and it's definitely possible to carry games with him. Aphrodite would also be good to learn as she's more of a support mage to give you some variety.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 07-05-2019 at 01:16 AM.
    I'm a PC player on NA server looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 114; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 5 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, & Nu Wa). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Hey! I'm a masters player for 4 years! We can discuss that on discord: daead#0314