Thread: Dante and Beatrice

Member Follower
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Veteran 500 Experience Points

Dante and Beatrice

I know that Hi-Rez said that they would never put in Gods from actual religions but what about apocryphal characters from well know fiction like Dante Alighieri as that would allow them to also put in Gods like Virgil and Cheron? Plus this has already been done by other games so it would be pretty awesome to see Dante released as a melee warrior and starting a new pantheon of "Inferno" based gods?

What do people think?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondHorse View Post
    I know that Hi-Rez said that they would never put in Gods from actual religions
    That's...the whole point of the game, though?

OT, HELL FUCKING NO. Arthur and co. are already a stretch. Virgil's just a historical philosopher Dante had a hard-on for, Charon (I assume that's what you mean) is from Greek mythology, and Dante was a historical author who wrote some literature that doesn't really figure into Abrahamic canon. Just let us have an Abrahamic pantheon with angels and demons and that covers enough ground.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    i think he may have meant "active" religions, but even then that's not the case because of Hinduism and Voodoo which has a fair practice base. there are also many small sects, particularly amongst biker groups, that still practice watered down Norse paganism.

Dante and Beatrice and Virgil might be a good set of skins down the line but are by no means applicable to the playerbase. Arthur is at least "mythology", albeit not a deity based Mythology, it at least has some faeries and demons and druids peppered in, and depending on your version one of the members of his court was hooking up with one of the Celtic Horse goddesses (Rhiannon, Welsh Goddess).
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids