Thread: New person feed back/thoughts

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

New person feed back/thoughts

So im not new to the pvp aspect of games, ive been a hardcore pvper since 2001, muonline, knightsonline world, WoW, LoL, most CoD titles, Unreal tournament from the original, TWL, CAL (no longer cal), and many more i cant remember atm.

When i first started playing smite my first thoughts were "world of warcraft and unreal tournament had a baby and this was it, reminded me of the old unreal tournament instagib servers, towers map where it was 1 shot 1 kill. Game is fun but only if your into fast kills, way too many stuns, cc duration times seem to be a tad long for the amount of health in the game, and no diminishing effects? Was also amazed by watching the loki god, way too much mobility for someone that can constantly one shot... A few games i notice loki going into the starting area one shotting and leaving while people were buying their thingys... could live with the one shotting if loki gets any damage it would break his stealth and debuff his damage 20-30% for a couple of secs, just a thought. Tried thor couldnt stop laughing, where do i get the legit thor? felt like i was wearing a garbage bag and wielding a twig... and yes i research builds and stats and abilities. Premades should only face other premades, no humility in constantly being owned by premades. Doesnt feel like a pure moba, but its different sort of moba i guess, to each their own.

I have also notice that the match making sucks.... alot of the games 1-2 ppl leave and theres no fresh blood... cant bring someone new in?
    And omg bugs bugs and more bugs, i googled the bugs and i see it isnt rare, and bugs sadly rarely get fixed?
    Cant see anyone in clan if on or off, my mic doesnt seem to register in smite. works everywhere else, smite crashes during selection screen and i get a 60min ban from fights? i picked my character before i crashed , just let me rejoin....
    Havent heard one peep from anyone in game, feeling lonely af.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    The classic newbie experience, I see Loki still haunts newbies in their sleep, such is life.
    Nothing I can do, say, or type will make you have a positive out look of this game. Just don't play it.
    And cc does have diminishing effects. That is all.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead STOPB4NNIN6ME's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Needs to be moved to rant thread. I have a sneaking suspicion this isn't a new player. Just someone wanting to whine.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Dang didnt take long to get the annual troll reply oO and yes im new, heck my xbox is only 2 months old.... and no loki doesnt haunt me, i usually play a tank with high def/hp regen builds. I enjoy the support aspect of the game. I think people tend to forget everyone is a newbie at some point... Usually when you mention feedback about a class being opd the trolls of the character come out raging, as i mentioned in my post im ok with the one shotting, i just gave my feed back to balance it.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    ok first, welcome to the game, second, never admit you play CoD, your credibility is instantly lost. Third, change your avatar if you want anyone to remotely take you seriously, which they still wont, but moreso than just using the cupidhead.

now down to brass tacks. First and foremost. the game is 99% balanced around Conquest ONLY, rare exceptions only happen when a character is absolutely undeniably busted in another mode, i can't recall who it was off the top of my head but someone did just get an adjustment based on overperforming in joust and assault but that was a rare rare exception. So any assbeating you're getting in Arena, study, adapt, improve.

Crowd Control has diminishing returns BUT if you stack it right timing wise that diminish isn't really felt. if you feel over CC'd i suggest you get acquainted with Tyr until you're comfortable, his passive gives him a hard cap on how long he can be CC'd.

Loki is a newb killer but easily countered by things like Mantle of Discord, Magic Shell (Relic), and is knocked out of stealth by hard CC.

Thor is an Assassin, he does not want to stay in a fight after he picked off a target unless you flex him into a tank roll with Lono's mask (-20% Damage output/ +20% incoming damage reduction + some tanky stats) and a couple more armor pieces.

Matchmaking has been an issue for a long ass time and a lot of it boils down to when people are on. if you're on during peak hours, you should get alright casual games, at least in conquest and joust. play on the off hours and you're seriously just asking for an idiot on your team and a premade enemy team.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids