Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CC

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 1000 Experience Points

CC

There is too much CC in this game compared to the amount of counters. It ain't so much a problem in Conquest unless you get completely stomped early game, but it completely ruins the likes of Arena if the entire enemy team has hard CC and yours barely has any. It used to be the case where using CC immunity from your ultimate to counter anything other than another ultimate's CC was seen as a troll. Now it's pretty much a necessity. When 160s cooldown on beads, magi's taking up an item slot and there being relatively few regular abilities that have CC immunity(literally the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Xbalanque's 3) there just isn't enough things to counter CC.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyjoie View Post
    There is too much CC in this game compared to the amount of counters. It ain't so much a problem in Conquest
    And that's the important thing. There is no salvaging Arena as it is, and it's not what the game's balanced around, so I'd just stay the hell away from that accursed mode if this one feature is so bad for you.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    The thing is...

CC is necessary in order to allow people to set up kills. If it was rare, or easily countered, people just wouldn't die in Conquest because they'd just be able to walk away from every gank or poor position in a teamfight.

Now, CC being so plentiful (Literally every god in the game has a CC ability) is necessary to make it so that there's a chance that every god can see play. If CC was restricted so that some characters had none, those gods would never see play. Heck, as is, gods without hard CC tend to be used less because it's harder to set up and confirm kills.

The lack of counters makes for more strategic play in Conquest, the main mode that the game is balanced around, because it means that ganks can be "successful" even if all they did was get the person to use their beads, because it now opens a window of opportunity where that particular person is weaker to ganks and in teamfights because they can't just counter a CC chain you set up.

It ends up making Nonquest modes more annoying though, because you end up in a situation where 5v5 teamfights are a more common occurrence, meaning that CC chains become more prevalent and you go from Teamfight to Teamfight without the usual posturing or objective taking like what happens in Conquest, so you have even less time for Beads or Magi's Cloak to come off CD.

It's a really hard thing to balance in nonquest modes. Since, anything that would be meaningful to mitigate CC there would just destroy any sense of strategy in Conquest.

As such, you just have to try and put up with it really. Pick gods that provide plentiful CC if your team is lacking. Pick gods like Ravana or Chang'e for their basic abilities that come with CC immunity. Build into items that provide CCR or procs that mitigate CC (Such as Magi's Cloak, Mantle of Discord, Winged Blade). Upgrade your Beads early on for the reduced CD.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    And that's the important thing. There is no salvaging Arena as it is, and it's not what the game's balanced around, so I'd just stay the hell away from that accursed mode if this one feature is so bad for you.
    the biggest issue i see with one sided Arena stomps is how careless one team is, bunching in together or going too hard, rather than looking for combo plays and hanging back around the pillars for a good start.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    They could easily add specific items or rules in other game modes that would better fit their playstyle.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    CC is necessary in order to allow people to set up kills. If it was rare, or easily countered, people just wouldn't die in Conquest because they'd just be able to walk away from every gank or poor position in a teamfight.
    Funny how we didn't seam to have this problem when beads had a 90s cooldown and we had more options for cc immunity/damage aversion.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    They could easily add specific items or rules in other game modes that would better fit their playstyle.
    If you can devise an Arena-only item to address CC without bringing in a shitton of other problems, by all means do so; but with Arena being an absolute clusterfuck anyway, why bother?

Funny how we didn't seam to have this problem when beads had a 90s cooldown and we had more options for cc immunity/damage aversion.
    Because Beads was the problem. Gods who relied on CC-based ults were crap back then.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    I've learned that playing Hel makes my life much easier overall regarding CC chains.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person.. but it's harder to win an argument against a stupid person.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    There is too much CC in this game compared to the amount of counters. It ain't so much a problem in Conquest unless you get completely stomped early game, but it completely ruins the likes of Arena if the entire enemy team has hard CC and yours barely has any. It used to be the case where using CC immunity from your ultimate to counter anything other than another ultimate's CC was seen as a troll. Now it's pretty much a necessity. When 160s cooldown on beads, magi's taking up an item slot and there being relatively few regular abilities that have CC immunity(literally the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Xbalanque's 3) there just isn't enough things to counter CC.
    Trust me I know it's frustrating, but unfortunately it's needed for set up and allowing combos to happen. Now grated, I wish CCs should only be for Tanks, but CC are given for all classes in different shape or form it becomes a cc cluster fuck LOL. If we classify CCs to be inline with tanks we wouldn't have much of an issue, but since it's not, we got to deal with the cards that was handed to us. Even as a tank when I fully do a cc mitigation of 40%, even that's not enough. I don't know if increasing the CC mitigation would work, but maybe that's another option to consider.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail4Me View Post
    I've learned that playing Hel makes my life much easier overall regarding CC chains.
    Yes and she is the only one that can cleanse. Perhaps we need more chars to cleanse as well. There is Aphro Ult but that's about it.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!