Thread: Smite is difficult to get back into...

Member Follower
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Veteran 500 Experience Points

Smite is difficult to get back into...

as a returning player, because just like Riot, Hi-Rez does not control the amount of smurfing that goes on in the game. Why do none of these free to play games understand that having multiple accounts is actually what creates a lot of the toxicity in the communities. Its not rocket science, people will stop at nothing to abuse things at other people's expense. People are not inherently good and you cannot expect people to use systems that you design in a responsible way.

The only solution to smurfing is to actually IP ban people for having multiple accounts. Yes, there are ways to get round that but at the same time, it would most certainly create a fairer and more pleasant atmosphere for people new to the game and returning players. Stop ALLOWING Russians to have 500 different accounts and ruining other people's games and actually start banning people for botting as well. If people happen to be on a shared IP or University Campus... tough... the person in question should be FORCED to consider what their actions have on others. There are no consequences in today's world and nobody gets a rightful punishment for anything these days.

The community is not something that you can entice with a carrot, you need to use a stick. That is also why kids today under the age of 30 are so weak because they were brought up in an environment where physical punishment was outlawed so they've grown up entitled and spoilt in many western countries. If companies took a more punitive approach towards the CAUSES of toxicity in games, rather then only dealing with the symptoms and caring only about their profit lines. The community would be a much better place.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Except you would be excluding everyone in a household. I intend to soon live with two friends, both of which play Smite, meaning we'll have 3 people playing on one base IP. additionally my nephew has an account as well so he plays when he's here.

Smurfing is impossible to curb without a pay wall, and even then there are plenty of people who will pay for the smurf account.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Welcome back, but smurf characters is not the big issue here. There a lot of other issues to focus on.

In respond to blocking an IP address, well that's pretty harsh to do esp if there are multiple people in the household. In regards to smurf accounts, I guess people make alt accounts just like with any mmo games, you play different characters, but I don't find the reason to why one would play multiple accounts there, but to each their own.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead STOPB4NNIN6ME's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Shouldn't this be in the rant thread...the amount of whining from the op is precious though. I love tears.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    You do know that all one has to do is boot their router to get a new IP right? So a IP ban would do nothing but create issues for innocent people.
    How you ask? When you sign your router into your ISP, you are assigned an IP address out of a pool of addresses. When you reboot your router, you get a new address, and the prior one is returned to the pool. It will get assigned to someone else..... Yep, you follow the logic now...

Heck of a way to troll though. I could get EVERYONE on my ISP banned from smite if I really worked at it.

And thats why they dont do that.