Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting on game data, game FROZEN!

Junior Member Cupidhead Crogatho's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 869
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Exclamation Waiting on game data, game FROZEN!

Hello, today I have been unable to play Smite, yesterday it started acting up but I was able to play one or two matches. But now, for some reason, smite doesn't even get past the 'Waiting on game data' message. It just freezes up, nothing is moving or working. Smite stops responding, and nothing really works to kickstart it again.

Things I have tried:
    • Reinstalling
    • Launching directly from steam, bypassing shortcuts.
    • Disabled WIndows Defender and the firewall

People have been suggesting that it sounds like a path issue, but it's not because my wife has the exact same problem with her laptop. We both have very strong gaming laptops (Lenovo Legion Y520 and an HP Omen) so it's not our hardware being too weak.
    Could it be that the our router's firewall is blocking some crucial smite element?

Is there some fix for this? I am noticing I am not the only one with this issue.

New Member Cupidhead AntoniMartinez's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371
    I've been looking for a solution for a few days without any effect....let me know if you find out something pls

New Member Cupidhead Stateofmnd's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    You're not the only, there alot of ppl with this issue..
    And seems that staff gives no answear for that.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Same problem :S. i got an new gpu and tought that was the case. Im not sure why, but sometimes when i restart the computer i get to play . hope this gets fixed soon!

Junior Member Cupidhead LaeWeak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I had the same problem, I unistalled/reinstalled also (desktop "no steam" version of the launcher), still had it. I finally found a way to "fix" it :
    I created a smurf account (because I thought that I maybe was banned, even though I'm far from being toxic or AFK), and when I use that account, then logout and re-login but with my main account, this works.
    But today I wanted to log in with my smurf because I ticked the "remember my username" (after shutting down/starting again my computer) and because last time I played was with my smurf (legit you'd say), I had the same problem, so I shat down the Smite process as usual and started Smite again, I put my main account's credentials and I could play.

My guess is, it has something with the account for whom the computer saved the credentials. But I tried again to start smite with the saved credentials without shutting down my computer nor shutting down the process, it worked for both accounts. So you may have to create a smurf account

EDIT: I also cannot find the "Hi-rez" or "Smite" service (using windows + R "services.msc) whether while Smite is running correclty or not or not running at all, I don't know if that's normal, it just seems not right to me ^^
    Last edited by LaeWeak; 01-27-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LaeWeak View Post
    I had the same problem, I unistalled/reinstalled also (desktop "no steam" version of the launcher), still had it. I finally found a way to "fix" it :
    I created a smurf account (because I thought that I maybe was banned, even though I'm far from being toxic or AFK), and when I use that account, then logout and re-login but with my main account, this works.
    But today I wanted to log in with my smurf because I ticked the "remember my username" (after shutting down/starting again my computer) and because last time I played was with my smurf (legit you'd say), I had the same problem, so I shat down the Smite process as usual and started Smite again, I put my main account's credentials and I could play.

My guess is, it has something with the account for whom the computer saved the credentials. But I tried again to start smite with the saved credentials without shutting down my computer nor shutting down the process, it worked for both accounts. So you may have to create a smurf account

EDIT: I also cannot find the "Hi-rez" or "Smite" service (using windows + R "services.msc) whether while Smite is running correclty or not or not running at all, I don't know if that's normal, it just seems not right to me ^^
    I have tried logging in with my already existing smurf account. But this did not work. On another note, when Smite gets stuck on 'Waiting on game data' it locks up my screen. My laptop responds to alt-tabbing but it never actually brings that page up so I can't do anything other than forcing it to restart.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    I have same problem. Please let us know if you find a solution. Also I can´t update Smites launcher after I reinstalled the game. It is stuck to 5.2 patch or something and it won´t automatically update.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    I found this is the installer log file:
    Version:
    2019-01-27 16:38:02
    Exception @ Update reg
    System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(Exceptio nResource resource)
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
    at Hirez.Patcher.AppLibrary.GetUninstallKey()
    at Hirez.Patcher.AppLibrary.AddUninstallEntry(Version Info vi, Boolean overwrite)
    at Hirez.Patcher.PatcherEngine.ExecuteUpdate(UpdateWo rk download)
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    MyComputer

Could be related. Sounds to me like it could be UAC related. Probably a bug in the new patch.

PS. I just tried starting the Smite/Hirez Loader as admin right before I posted this now. I got into the game instantly. DS.

Achievements:
    Any ETA on some kind of fix for this issue? Can HiRez actually reply to their customers in tech support?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    The same problem and I have, I have repeatedly written to support.Hi-Rez Diagnostics and Support - just a label without any extension, the game just hangs at the stage of obtaining data, only the only time I somehow miraculously came. They don't care. Hi-Rez studios You have the most shitty support service! I hate You!