Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting on game data, game FROZEN!

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Still broken for me. Have tried using a different DNS. Have tried all command line windowed extra bullshit. I have reinstalled. I have excluded it from windows defender. It has been two weeks with it not working!

I had hoped that the 6.1 patch dropping would fix this, but it clearly has not. I am not getting forced to use a VPN for a shitty game like this that can't work properly like all the other applications and games on my computer. Shame, I enjoyed Smite, but there clearly are nobody official giving a shit about this.

Peace.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Chipping in from Finland. Before 6.1 patch it was totally random (since 2-3 weeks ago) if you'd get into the game and had to try several times before successful. After 6.1 it is impossible to play without using VPN as the game crashes on loading screens otherwise.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Same here. Was random - now i can't log in at all. Hi rez pls

Junior Member Cupidhead LaeWeak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I barely know how shit like this work. (But I know some as I have fiddled with networks and modems since they where the newest shit, like playing lan with friends using parallel cabels without a hub/router whatever that shit is called that just links things, cause you couldn't buy that shit back then) But I tried both googles (8.8.8.8) and cloudfares DNS (1.1.1.1)

And it still doesn't work.

That said my router still has the same old DNS server and I can't change it. But I double checked with some dns server checker online and it confirmed I was using googles.

I don't even know what this shit means tbh? I connect to google as provider or smth?

I was gonna try dynamic dns through google but its not supported in sweden. I think that is that for me, don't wanna end up connecting to some fucked up DNS that rips me off.
    For some reason it worked yesterday evening for me, but not anymore today, I had to use my phone data again. What I do is I just log in, using my phone wifi, then I change my connection to go back to my "normal" wifi connection and logout/re-log without exiting Smite (non-steam version, 32 bit even though I've not tried in 64 bit). For some reason it seems to work sometimes, so I don't have to use my data (if I want to listen to music in youtube while I play for instance, which would use all my data).
    I might consider the VPN solution, but I really don't trust free VPNs, and paying one just to play to Smite...

New Member Cupidhead xCakeBishx's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points 7 days registered
    I contacted support, had the same issue they told me to get a damn vpn and linked me 2 sites whilst admitting several players had the issue

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by xCakeBishx View Post
    I contacted support, had the same issue they told me to get a damn vpn and linked me 2 sites whilst admitting several players had the issue
    I hope they at least send a message forward that its a problem that needs urgent fixing. It has gotten worse over these few weeks, it can't be a problem with ISPs, EU is not US and in Eastern EU region every single country has at least 3-5 ISPs separately. It can't be the fault of 20+ ISPs that one multiplayer game doesn't work with them. VPNs is only a temporary solution because most of them you have to pay for, you can't expect half the entire EU region to use VPNs to play your game. They're just going to pick a multiplayer game that doesn't require a VPN.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I have the same problem, tried reinstalling 3 times now

Junior Member Cupidhead LaeWeak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylvias View Post
    I have the same problem, tried reinstalling 3 times now
    Don't reinstal, this is absolutely useless, you lose your time because it doesn't fix the problem.
    I got my 100th mastery today with that OP god (2 lost/5 wins to master him, 2.85 KDA for a just master 1 god, win games with AFKs, even against other -bad- Merlins and with ~110 perma ping because of wifi-data connection). But, if the "waiting on game data" problem is not solved or if we don't get any feedback within a week, I will see somewhere else. 650 hrs of playing, top ~5% of all the players, I might not be the best nor a "long time" player, even tho I started to play on the very beginning of the game and came back after several long breaks, but this is by far the game I played the most of all time, even compared to Skyrim.
    I bet that many other MOBAs are out now, some people even talk abour Apex Legends that is downloading now on my computer. There are plenty of non Hi-rez games, so sorry people if I complain and just talk about my case, but they need to know.
    Since the release of 6.1, it's officially impossible to access the game for me except using a VPN or using my phone data to log in. And so it goes for many other players, such a shame.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I have found the source of the problem.

When smite starts, it redownloads some textures for displaying in the UI from a cdn. But unfortunately the cdn is sometimes slow to respond, or does not respond at all. It looks like smite crashes as soon as one of these around 120+ files times out.

I created a small proxy application to sit in between smite and the cdn, so smite does not get any failes download attempts, this seems to fix the problem.

It is released on github:

https://github.com/dkgof/smitefixer

Direct link to release package:
    https://github.com/dkgof/smitefixer/...SmiteFixer.zip

Instructions is in the readme of Github.

But basically, have java 9 or later installed, unpack the zip, run run.bat as administrator, play smite.

/Rolf

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkaa View Post
    I have found the source of the problem.

When smite starts, it redownloads some textures for displaying in the UI from a cdn. But unfortunately the cdn is sometimes slow to respond, or does not respond at all. It looks like smite crashes as soon as one of these around 120+ files times out.

I created a small proxy application to sit in between smite and the cdn, so smite does not get any failes download attempts, this seems to fix the problem.

It is released on github:

https://github.com/dkgof/smitefixer

Direct link to release package:
    https://github.com/dkgof/smitefixer/...SmiteFixer.zip

Instructions is in the readme of Github.

But basically, have java 9 or later installed, unpack the zip, run run.bat as administrator, play smite.

/Rolf
    Im a bit sceptical in running bats as admin I dont know anything about, but you got some endorsements on reddit and no red flaggs.

I dont know a lot about java. However what is this elusive java version 9? Everywhere it says Java JRE 8 Update 202 is the latest version. Java 9 versions I find are older? And java 11 seems to only be for developers and seems to only come with a bunch of files that are not registered anywhere so when I version check it says it can't find java.dll

Now I have 3 versions of java installed, and it still doesnt work. And yes java -version diaplys 9.0.4
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-13-2019 at 02:00 AM.
    Rocking the boat