Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting on game data, game FROZEN!

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Same for me and my friends. have to start smite like 30 times then all of a sudden it works. We need a fix for this pls.

The smurf account fix only worked once for me then its back to crash.

One tip is to alt-enter (window mode) on the screen when you type your login and password info. Hence you will be able to access the devicemanager and shut it down and dont have to restart your whole pc.

This problem sucks balls and needs a fix pls.
    Last edited by Azagthoth; 01-31-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead LaeWeak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    So sad I'm the only one for whom the smurf account works, I have to use it once a day, I also developped a technique to shut down Smite super easily if your screen is stuck:
    (Windows 10)
    Like all of you, I suppose, my screen gets stuck on "Waiting on game data", then I press ctrl + alt + del, open the task manager (the screen to open it doesn't bug, it's only the "normal" screen that is stuck even when I open the task manager, but you can manage to find the "open the task manager" quite easily also if ever you can't even see that screen, it's normally the latest option, a bit under the middle of your screen). Then back to bugged screen, you can't see a thing, not even the task manager if you're like me. Make sure you are on the task manager by using alt -> tab keys (you can keep alt and press many times tab to change the window you want to be on. Even if you don't see the task manager like me, you just have to press (in your keyboard) down arrow then del (if there's only smite running, yesterday I had firefox running also and it closed firefox instead of Smite, I just had to change the window again and do the down arrow -> del again, otherwise you can have a preview of what's happening in the task manager if you don't stop pressing alt when you chose the window with the alt -> tab stuff. If you see that Smite is the second program running and not the first, you just have to press the down arrow one more time before pressing delete).

RE (short) :
    Screen stuck -> ctrl + alt + del -> "open task manager" -> alt + tab (make sure you're on the Task Manager and see if Smite is the first on the program list in the TM) -> down arrow X times ( X = position of Smite in the program list, so if Smite is 1st : X = 1, if Smite is 3rd : X = 3 ...etc) -> press delete key.
    Back to desktop !

I hope I was a bit clear, at least enough to make you exit the game without the need to restart your computer for those who don't know a lot about keyboard shortcuts and stuff. I added this explanation because I would never be able to do it the way Azagthoth explained if I didn't know how to "blindly" use the task manager haha. Hope I helped !

I wanted to post that way earlier but I couldn't log in on Smite website/forum....
    Last edited by LaeWeak; 01-31-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    I have the same problem. Ususally have to restart the game lots of times to get in. Fortunately Alt-Enter on the login screen works fine so that i can shut down the client without restarting the computer. Still pretty damn annoying though but there´s always a new thing wrong after every patch so i´m not very surprised.

Junior Member Cupidhead Crogatho's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    **UPDATE**

I have found a solution to this. I unlinked my smite account from steam, now I am logged in again and able to play. I hope this helps for you guys too, if you have your smite account linked to steam.

**SECOND UPDATE**

I am able to login now, but I can't enter any matches. I can queue up, get into a lobby and select a god, but after the loading screen I am tossed back into the main menu. Hi-rez has told me that the communication between my ISP and their servers are having problems right now so I am hoping it's because of that.

This issue is present in both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients.
    Last edited by Crogatho; 02-03-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead LaeWeak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    So yesterday I dowloaded Smite PTS (after I tried to use the non-steam version, but this one doesn't work for s6), I first tried to link the "normal" PTS version to steam using the "add a non-steam game" button in steam. No bug at all when I tried to log in the PTS, but THEN, Smite (normal version, I don't use steam) bugged, and even the smurf trick didn't work anymore. I had to restart the computer and everything was back to normal (except that the gems I bought in the PTS to try the battle pass aren't on my main account, unlike they say in the PTS main thread).

Seems like Steam has something to do with it.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Have the same problem, for a week now. Wrote to Hi-Rez, they blamed my ISP, which is unreasonable.

What helped to fix this - unlink from Steam, run with their launcher with command '-nocrashdialog' (without the quotation marks) in 32 bits and it should log in. Worked for me at least.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by leGigity View Post
    Have the same problem, for a week now. Wrote to Hi-Rez, they blamed my ISP, which is unreasonable.

What helped to fix this - unlink from Steam, run with their launcher with command '-nocrashdialog' (without the quotation marks) in 32 bits and it should log in. Worked for me at least.
    Thank you! It worked!

Same problem. Update everything reinstalled SMITE. rebooted the router checked ports. virus scan, start as admin, well everything in the book.
    also tried '-nocrashdialog' thingy but didnt work. i wrote to the support and they just blame my connection which is BS cuz NO other game have any problem at all and we use cable and not Wi Fi . the thing is it was fine after the last patch then one day it was impossible to login this is almost 4 weeks ago. no updates or notes of the problem and useless auto replay mail from the support... been playing this game sense 2013 spent lots of money on it and this is the thx i get....

EDIT: I also cannot find the "Hi-rez" or "Smite" service (using windows + R "services.msc) whether while Smite is running . Hi-Rez Diagnostics and Support doesn't work either
    Last edited by mgkbaagii; 02-03-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Same problem, has lasted for about a week. Sometimes starting in windowed mode helps but not always. It takes about 6-7 game crashes until it finally lets me log in.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    I'd just like to poke my head in and say that I'm having the same issue. It fixes itself once I reinstall the game, but having to do so every time I want to launch it is pretty unacceptable. Given that people have had success by unlinking their account, and my game launches properly once I've uninstalled it, my guess is that there's a cache somewhere that gets corrupted.

It's worth noting that I do have the HiRez service in the background. Not sure what state it usually is in, but it was paused earlier today. Restarting the service, or leaving it paused didn't make a difference as the game still froze when starting it up.