Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Ymir's basic attacks why?

  1. #1
    New Member Cupidhead XSantoryuX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    1
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Rep Power
    0

    Ymir's basic attacks why?

    I just don't understand why he is the only guardian in the game that starts out dealing almost 100 damage an auto at level 3-5.
    Some Hunters,Worriers,assassin and mages don't hit that hard at that level in the game. So why him? Its not bad enough he freezes, slows and has big D damage. His auto's also have to hit like a truck? Why?

    Simply just why? That is all I ask why. If his auto's are going to hit for that much why not just make him a mage with lower health?
    Because I really just don't understand his auto attacks. So please why? Is this a stupid question? OH AND HIS MOVEMENT SPEED! Let me not get started on how this big A#$ Ice rock moves faster than some other's with just boots. So many times he just runs away and can't catch up.

    Because I legit just don't understand.

  2. #2
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by XSantoryuX View Post
    Simply just why? That is all I ask why. If his auto's are going to hit for that much why not just make him a mage with lower health?
    Because tanks are allowed to have high damage and Ymir could never work as a mage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  3. #3
    New Member Cupidhead XSantoryuX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    1
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Rep Power
    0
    I see you don't know how to read..

  4. #4
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by XSantoryuX View Post
    I see you don't know how to read..
    And I see you don't know how to think, since you complain about Ymir's MS when he has literally no mobility in his kit whatsoever and you're upset about the DPS of a god whose DPS is nothing special.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  5. #5
    Trash Doggo Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Trashcan
    Posts
    14,955
    39
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,599
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    41
    Ymir is actually one of the slowest characters in the entire game and he doesn't have any form of mobility in his kit whatsoever. Chances are if he was outrunning you, he had Boots before you did, or he had other means of boosting movement speed through items, relics, or teammates.

    Now if you want to complain about a Guardian with ridiculous mobility and dumb damage, go look at Athena.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

  6. #6
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by XSantoryuX View Post
    I just don't understand why he is the only guardian in the game that starts out dealing almost 100 damage an auto at level 3-5.
    Some Hunters,Worriers,assassin and mages don't hit that hard at that level in the game. So why him? Its not bad enough he freezes, slows and has big D damage. His auto's also have to hit like a truck? Why?
    Because that's literally what his passive does. It doubles the damage of his basic attacks.

    Why? Because he's an Ice Giant. A towering behemoth that took several gods in order to bring down in the mythos. It wouldn't make sense for him to swing a giant club and hit like a wet noodle.

    Simply just why? That is all I ask why. If his auto's are going to hit for that much why not just make him a mage with lower health?
    Because: 1) He's not ranged. 2) Mages don't really have very strong basic attacks anyway.

    OH AND HIS MOVEMENT SPEED! Let me not get started on how this big A#$ Ice rock moves faster than some other's with just boots. So many times he just runs away and can't catch up.
    Ymir has recently been buffed to 370 base movement speed, because he has no mobility options but requires to get up close in order to do anything. Basically, he's faster than most gods because 1) Again, he's supposed to be freaking HUGE which would mean he'd travel fast because large steps and what not. 2) Because he needs to get close to be effective so he has to be able to manoeuvrer into close range while everyone's pelting him with damage and CC.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

  7. #7
    New Member Cupidhead Blinduchiha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    1
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Ymir is actually one of the slowest characters in the entire game and he doesn't have any form of mobility in his kit whatsoever. Chances are if he was outrunning you, he had Boots before you did, or he had other means of boosting movement speed through items, relics, or teammates.

    Now if you want to complain about a Guardian with ridiculous mobility and dumb damage, go look at Athena.
    Actually he's not his movement is 370 most including Athena have 360-365. So no he is not one of the slowest gods. And before you say he needs its because he doesn't have an escape, neither does Ares and many other gods that don't have a escape and still have movement around 165 or 160.

  8. #8
    New Member Cupidhead Blinduchiha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    1
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Rep Power
    0
    It is true that his passive gives his auto attacks big numbers but shouldn't they scale with his level? His basic auto is 32 at level 3. With frost bite it's 64 plus 3 hits that's 192 plus the 64 of his freeze breath or Glacial Strike. If he hits you with a full combo at level 3 its 324 damage. AT LEVEL 3 NO ITEMS. That is MORE THAN HALF OF MOST GODS HEALTH with one combo no items at level 3. And I'm pretty sure it was a joke about him being a mage you know like how Hades WITH NO RANGE used to be a Guardian. DUH You know like how AO Kuang should be an Assassin he doesn't have range either duh. JOKE

    Also please do not replay unless you're higher then GOLD rank please. Because if you are not at least platinum player you still don't understand the game fully.
    Last edited by Blinduchiha; 01-26-2019 at 06:04 AM.

  9. #9
    New Member Cupidhead xAndrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7
    6
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Well it is true that ymir basics are one of the hardest hitting AAs in the game early. If it gives you problems try to avoid fighting him at least until you get to level 5. The only mode where i could see his basics being a problem is duel and maybe conquest at levels 1-2. The more you progress into the game the less relevant his AAs become, unless he builds damage ofc. The same deal applies with hercules. He does a stupid amount of damage with his basics early so if are smart you try to play passive and not fight him. They both have passives that gives them AAs damage. Honestly ymir is at the bottom of the "problem-gods" list so this is just learn to adapt thing. At least ymir is not one shotting you with 3 items abusing hydra's *cough cough loki". I said that just because i don't want you to think i am not one the "learn to play" guys.

  10. #10
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinduchiha View Post
    It is true that his passive gives his auto attacks big numbers but shouldn't they scale with his level?
    They do.

    His basic attack damage is 38 (+20% of your power) +1.55 per level. Just like most Guardians (Though, they're all roughly around that level. Some, like Artio are higher while others like Sylvanus are lower)
    His basic auto is 32 at level 3. With frost bite it's 64 plus 3 hits that's 192 plus the 64 of his freeze breath or Glacial Strike. If he hits you with a full combo at level 3 its 324 damage. AT LEVEL 3 NO ITEMS.
    So... Don't let him stand next to you and wail on you 3 times?

    Literally, he's no worse than any other god unless he gets to smack you a bunch with his passive active. Which is basically just, don't let him waddle into range to cast his freeze. Yes, he might run very slightly faster than you, but if he goes too deep then he's going to be murdered by minions that early on.

    That is MORE THAN HALF OF MOST GODS HEALTH with one combo no items at level 3.
    A level 3 Fenrir deals 300 damage with just Brutalize. THAT IS MORE THAN HALF OF MOST GODS HEALTH WITH ONE ABILITY NO ITEMS AT LEVEL 3!



    Also please do not replay unless you're higher then GOLD rank please. Because if you are not at least platinum player you still don't understand the game fully.
    It's always interesting that the players that are complaining about things that are not really a problem always try and ask for "Only Gold+ players can reply!"

    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •