Thread: Buying limited skins now is working?

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Buying limited skins now is working?

yesterday the patchnotes told that it will be possible to buy unlimited skins (with costs of the whole event).
    but my question is they are limited so why did hirez made it possible to buy ( i dont know how much skins).
    i think if hirez wanna make them possible for everyone to get why are they limited and not exclusive?
    i think the idea behind this is ok and many players will like this idea but i think its not fair for those player with played smite at this time to get this skins and so on but this is my opinion tell me whats yours

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm wondering if you understood the entire section of patch notes when they explained this. There are 3 types of skin categories now. Limited, Exclusive and Unlimited.

Exclusive will be available elsewhere at a different time after the initial release, usually in a chest or Promotional Code.
    Limited will never be available again after initial release (this will always be T5 skins and possibly a few others).
    Unlimited will be available after the event it was released in, unlike a limited skin, but never available through a chest or Code. You will HAVE to buy this skin for the full event amount (IE the Camelot event will be 750 x 5 in gem price for the Merlin Skin), AND when you buy an unlimited skin this way, you WON'T get the other content you normally would have if you bought through the event. That way you can still get the skin post event, but the players who bought their way through the event, won't feel jipped about it.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    I'm wondering if you understood the entire section of patch notes when they explained this. There are 3 types of skin categories now. Limited, Exclusive and Unlimited.

Exclusive will be available elsewhere at a different time after the initial release, usually in a chest or Promotional Code.
    Limited will never be available again after initial release (this will always be T5 skins and possibly a few others).
    Unlimited will be available after the event it was released in, unlike a limited skin, but never available through a chest or Code. You will HAVE to buy this skin for the full event amount (IE the Camelot event will be 750 x 5 in gem price for the Merlin Skin), AND when you buy an unlimited skin this way, you WON'T get the other content you normally would have if you bought through the event. That way you can still get the skin post event, but the players who bought their way through the event, won't feel jipped about it.
    Ah now i understand thx:3
    ive got only one more question
    will only new skin events will get unlimited or will the old get too? i mean will skins like seamaiden medusa or honeybear bacchus change from limited to unlimited?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenadragon View Post
    Ah now i understand thx:3
    ive got only one more question
    will only new skin events will get unlimited or will the old get too? i mean will skins like seamaiden medusa or honeybear bacchus change from limited to unlimited?
    I'm hoping some of the old limited stuff will become available like this but I wouldn't hold your breath right now for that. It's Titan we're talking about. They may be money grabbers at some points with skins, but I doubt they'll want to backlog themselves changing and calculating costs for the old Limited's.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    I'm hoping some of the old limited stuff will become available like this but I wouldn't hold your breath right now for that. It's Titan we're talking about. They may be money grabbers at some points with skins, but I doubt they'll want to backlog themselves changing and calculating costs for the old Limited's.
    Yeah on the one hand it would be pretty cool for those which missed the event and wanted an skin like seamaiden medusa, but on the other way i think its unfair for this who spend their whole money on the event to get an "limited" skin which isnt limited.
    same as the adventure skins. it says that they are limited but i can buy the buindels right now xD.

so i think the best and most fair would be to leave the old limited skins limited and make the new event skins unlimited

whats your opionion?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenadragon View Post
    Yeah on the one hand it would be pretty cool for those which missed the event and wanted an skin like seamaiden medusa, but on the other way i think its unfair for this who spend their whole money on the event to get an "limited" skin which isnt limited.
    same as the adventure skins. it says that they are limited but i can buy the buindels right now xD.

so i think the best and most fair would be to leave the old limited skins limited and make the new event skins unlimited

whats your opionion?
    That would be the fairest way to do this, but this is Titan we're talking about LOL