Thread: Aphrodite Idea - Give Feedback

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Aphrodite Idea - Give Feedback

I recently had an interesting idea cross my gray matter and I want opinions on it.

Due to how her kit works and each of her abilities having an effect on her Soul Mate (except for her heal which just heals and I'm going to use that fact here), what if we gave her Heal an additional effect when she's linked. Currently it just does damage in front of her (one of the lowest damaging lane clears in the mage class atm), what if it had a number shift to slightly lower numbers BUT, like her 2 does, what if that same area is affected in front of her soul mate (IE: double doves). It would push her right out of any possibility of being in Mid or Solo with a number shift and kit shift like that and would solidly put her in Support Mode only (Maybe a reclass?), but it would up her overall numbers and utility.

Or we could take the double dove idea and let the double effect have its own set of numbers, while if she's unlinked, they have higher base damage numbers then they currently do by just a smidge (like I said, one of the absolute worst lane clears possible right now) but her scaling is decent ish.

Thoughts on both of those ideas (albeit very similar ideas).

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    as i made my idea bout an new aphrodite idea i have to say im the same opinion than you yeah her passive and so on helps her and i think she workd pretty well right now but as you said i wish she would like work more with her soulmate

but i have to be honest i think her 3 is good right now maybe about the early game wave clear you can disscuss it if its wheter good or bad but i think for her and her soulmate it works pretty well ( maybe you thought somethink bout like heras 3 on argus ?) this would be nice too see but i think it would be more op than right now and thats the problem i think. the probem bout her is that shes an goddess which is really difficult to balance. yeah but nice idea anyway i like it

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,314
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I don't see the need to outright nerf the damage when you can merely include your proposed rework and say it would deal reduced damage when used in that way.

The point is, it would indeed be an interesting buff but it's not a very well-placed buff because you're buffing a coordinated comp strategy that a skilled or higher than casual comp would use. The most you'd get from casuals is aphros using this buff to ks from their soulmate.

I feel like there isn't really much point in forcing Aphro to get a reclass when her kit and utility as it is, make her a support mage. Rather than trying to buff her interactions with soulmates which isher #1 purpose, people should look at trying to buff what she sucks in: solo play.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    Currently it just does damage in front of her (one of the lowest damaging lane clears in the mage class atm),
    330 (+90% of your magical power) damage at max is high, 5 base damage weaker then Ra Beam. However Aphordite only has 1 other damaging ability which she can't really harass or throw out to clear with and her birds have high CD which would be less of an issue if my prior statement on her 2 being limited.

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    330 (+90% of your magical power) damage at max is high, 5 base damage weaker then Ra Beam. However Aphordite only has 1 other damaging ability which she can't really harass or throw out to clear with and her birds have high CD which would be less of an issue if my prior statement on her 2 being limited.
    That's at max though. And that's where my issue stems from. Her early damage is entirely non existent basically cause her main clear is also a healing tool. For the first few levels, she has significantly less damage then most mages. And until she gets boots plus another T1 item with power online, she won't be clearing with just Love Birds. If Love Birds actually healed ally minions they flew over, I could see none of the numbers changing in her kit right now. But like you said. She has two damaging abilities, Love Birds and Back Off. The latter is only good for what essentially amounts to self peel when someone dives her, or to slow someone an ally is close by to that you are Soul Mates with.

She needs something right now to help her be relevant in ANY position. Half her kit is practically ignored in Solo and Mid cause you don't have a constant lane partner to use Smooch/Kiss with and become Soul Mates. In Duo she can support, but she's really not a good support cause her initial base numbers are VERY low compared to other Guardians and Warriors. And completely non existent in jungle. Right now, she only clears or only pokes. And any number of other mages have can do both.