Thread: Medusa

Junior Member Cupidhead Modishn's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Medusa

So I just noticed that medusa's dash roots not just the enemy god but medusa itself, is that intended to be this way? Seems like a big disadvantage to medusa since her dash is not the best among other hunters.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    If offensive yes as it reduces healing, it can be great offensive though.

For escape if someone stands in your way its not as funny. You can get ghost relic to avoid this play if it really gets to you.
    Rocking the boat

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yes it is intended. It's much the same as how Khepri's dash works, if it hits a target, it does the CC. Which takes the form of "Hugging" the opponent, locking both parties down.

Part of it is also balance, since Medusa's dash actually deals quite a lot of damage, in addition to setting up for wailing into the target with your 1.

It means it's less useful for mobility. But it also means it's more useful for damage. Trade offs are made.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Cupidhead Modishn's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    On paper it looks great but in reality how often would you dash in in a teamfight, if someone blocks the dash youre a sitting goose. Its like getting punished twice since you root yourself.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Modishn View Post
    On paper it looks great but in reality how often would you dash in in a teamfight, if someone blocks the dash youre a sitting goose. Its like getting punished twice since you root yourself.
    I do it fairly often.

Like, I don't dash into the middle of 5 enemy gods (But then again, I don't do that on other Hunters either so this root upon connecting with a target becomes irrelevant). More like, when there's a straggler who's separated, I dash onto them and get the root, damage and unload my 1 full of shots into their butt.

Outside of that, if I'm trying to dash defensively, I generally find myself dashing away from where enemies are standing and so don't get bodyblocked.

Of course, there are times when I'm surrounded, or someone purposely positions to block my dash, but then that's just a case of me being caught out, given that Medusa has inherent mobility from her passive, it should be unlikely that you get out-manoeuvred to such an extent outside of situations where basically anyone except maybe a Jing Bae popping her ult would be screwed.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    What Relanah said. Its not the safest play but at times it comes in useful. And should things go south you have ult and relics to play with and maybe a team behind you that can follow on that.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    You know I never noticed she is rooted once it hits. If it does root her as well, I don't notice it because I can time my combos or attacks after. Not really a big deal TBH.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    It's not really an issue since the root for both you and the god you hit is like 0.4s and either way it helps you to immediately confirm an auto right after if you're impulsively going to turn around and try to run away.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jackz2kxx's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Medusa's dash is quite similar to Mercury or Athena in that if you are trying to use it as an escape it can be blocked. Geb roll as well, however as some have said before Medusa's dash is quite potent. It locks a target in place for you to land 1 to 2 free basics from ur 1 while offering i believe 50% antiheal for a few seconds.

It can be a great offensive tool if timed correctly and used appropriately so do not discount the value of the dash on offense. Using it as an escape i find it very rare that you get blocked off unless you are in the middle of a gank which pretty much means you are out of position and probably not warded. Aka you would prob have been killed either way