Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Assault Amaterasu Discussion + PROmatsu Style Video Analysis.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakomaru View Post
    i was going for a specific build and play style. admittedly, i can't remember if i had planned to buy sov later in the build or not. clearly it was not needed for this battle anyways. i don't see the problem with using vva when a carry gets a kill. i did well and my team did well. the numbers we produced at the end of the battle proves that.
    Mate you're just throwing out excuses because you're clearly one of those people that refuses to ever support. That build/playstyle would be completely ineffective against a good enemy team, but you were against bad players who at one point were even down a person. You're delusional if you think that pub-stomping bad players and a 5v4 equates to you being a pro-level player.

Like everybody who has ever played assault knows that not having at least a sovereignty or a heartward first item is the biggest detriment to a team. The fact that you think building movement speed first on a god that literally has a movement speed aura is more important than a sov / hw in assault proves that you not only cannot do math, but are also not a team player.

And the fact that you were spamming [VVA] whenever a carry got a kill you were chasing further proves this. You're clearly just another casual who only cares about their KDA, so stop bigging yourself up sis

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,094
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    Mate you're just throwing out excuses because you're clearly one of those people that refuses to ever support. That build/playstyle would be completely ineffective against a good enemy team, but you were against bad players who at one point were even down a person. You're delusional if you think that pub-stomping bad players and a 5v4 equates to you being a pro-level player.

Like everybody who has ever played assault knows that not having at least a sovereignty or a heartward first item is the biggest detriment to a team. The fact that you think building movement speed first on a god that literally has a movement speed aura is more important than a sov / hw in assault proves that you not only cannot do math, but are also not a team player.

And the fact that you were spamming [VVA] whenever a carry got a kill you were chasing further proves this. You're clearly just another casual who only cares about their KDA, so stop bigging yourself up sis
    it's not an excuse. it's just the way it is. i did not buy sov early because i simply did not want to. if it sounds like an excuse that is because your main point is why i did not buy certain items and it's your word against mine. it's a different story if your main point is whether those items are useful and would be more useful for the team than the items i bought. you are completely right about sov being more beneficial for the entire team than any of the items i bought. like i said, i'm just the kind of player who needs to max CDR as soon as possible.

i don't think that getting an easy win against low level players made me a pro smite player. as i stated in an earlier post, i was at pro level simply because my stats are at pro level (my overall stats. not necessarily any stats in this battle).

if i spam VVA it doesn't necessarily mean anything. that is only evidence, not proof. also you said "you're clearly one of those people that refuses to ever support". i have concrete proof that both of those claims are wrong. these numbers can't be falsified by me so i'm not just making this up.

http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Jakomaru
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Jakomaru/gods
    my total assists almost doubles my total kills and i have no problems with that. in fact, if you check the /gods page i have a lot of playtime with various characters who would usually get more assists than kills (probably more than 99% of my matches played with hades was when he was a guardian).

below are links to match stats where i have a more support oriented build and my k/d/a suggests my play style is support oriented as well. i will provide the ganesh links first.

http://smite.guru/match/pc/423033953
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/414307654
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/410905078
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/410592132
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/405490731
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/400487062

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,215
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Just wanna point out that your casual stats are pretty trash you got average winrate and barely average elo
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,094
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Just wanna point out that your casual stats are pretty trash you got average winrate and barely average elo
    i don't recall ever claiming that my win rate was good, and i explained to another person that the reason my elo is low is because i have not played too many battles this season compared to players with higher elo, along with my win rate. you said it yourself...

based on your words it can be implied that the win rate of players who do not party or form premades doesn't mean anything in relation to their personal overall performance as a player and whether they can be considered a pro or not.

it just so happens that i was a player who could probably count on both hands the amount of times i have played a match in a party since joining the game up until i stopped playing.

the assault game mode is a game mode where death is more than just a necessity for progress. death is inevitable and inescapable for most players. i have transcended those boundaries to the point where despite being a main in assault, playing more than half of over 4200 battles in assault, most players with even half of my matches played have more total deaths than i have, and a lot less kills. that alone is a legendary feat.

i challenge anyone to find the player who has at least half of my total matches played with less total deaths than i have. bonus points if they main assault like i did. i wouldn't be surprised if no such player exists. imagine my death count if i mained a game mode where i could run back to fountain every time i get a booboo. legendary. when players are not weaned from the fountain they become careless and make easy targets of their selves.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,215
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Its terrible elo even for soloq player i had around 2500 myself so sorry to break your dream but you are just another average smite player who thinks he is good and is a pro but hey anyone can dream
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    This thread is a can of worms. But now Im glad I can post in it before it closes

I just wanna say for Assault elo its hard to draw conclusions. Since assault gives Gods your shit at and good at depending on what rest of team has got going for them. For example I got Isis in assault yesterday which is one of my least played Gods but I got teamed with Baron and Athena so we won. If I wanna make 100% sure I win that game I just reroll but when I play assault I usually go with what the game prepared for me. Which means if you group assault as 3+ and dont mind rerolling and trading you win ratio will sky rocket simply from that compared to ppl who solo q and dont reroll their worse Gods.

As for how skilled this dude is. He has 3.82 global KDA (2 KD ratio). That is pretty damn good. If he has accomplished this only with solo Qin during his whole smite career then yes he might just be one of the best smite players ever. (if he however is one of those accounts with just puch and a few others open and main assault all day then its a different story) That is how good 3.82 global KDA is. Additionally a high proportion of this KDA is from kills compared to assists. Im willing to bet no one else posting in this thread even comes close to that KDA. Rainbow you have 2.7 global KDA (1.5 KD ratio), and yes this is good as I see it, but calling someone with a much better KDA average well its not in your benefit . And if anyone else wanna run their mouth as if on a high horse go ahead post ure global KDA and prove you can (and have) consistently take more kills and assists then deaths compared to this dude. Im at 2.33 myself (to save anyone the hassle of having to go find it) and Im a slightly above average player though my best and most proud stats was always my assists, I love playing the assists role in smite and as such a large portion of my KDA is from assists (KD close to 1.0), so depending on how you look at it you might value my stats less cause many ppl fap to kills, you know, well this dude has all that going for him as his KD is great as well.

JUST SAYIN. Yeah I love being the one going against the stream

As for the video. Im impressed that such on paper worthless shitty starter build for assault can give an Amaterasu such a big kill lead. Then they had a dc and its whatever. Atleast this video had an interesting element to it over the other one you posted. That is: a shit build wrecking. And Im saying shit build cause that is what myself and most ppl think seeing it but maybe its a really good build for ama in this game for x reasons. Also if we agree its a shit start for ama in assault then doesnt it makes this dude an even better player who carries with it?
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-28-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    snip
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKPSasd8Gk

Chooses Meditation Cloak as first relic in ADC role. That is no different from asking enemy team to "Please gank me because I am a squishy god with Beads or Aegis to save me when someone CC locks me." Match was won only because enemy team was inept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJc5f0L2iws

Enemy team has Odin. Own team has mage and hunter with no escape. Still chooses mediation cloak instead of Phantom Veil, whilst opting for support frontline.

KDA is irrelevant when someone dares to upload videos showing such tactics and still calls himself/herself "pro" level.

Edit: snip, wrote a long-winded post but found it unnecessary upon re-reading. The 2 points I made stand up to game logic and basic pvp sense and teamplay, and clearly indicate that what was shown in the videos are bad game habits and should not be emulated by players new to the game.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Oof did you actually watch all of these?

Enemy team has Odin. Own team has mage and hunter with no escape. Still chooses mediation cloak instead of Phantom Veil, whilst opting for support frontline.
    tbh ra or skadi gotta get phantom here. Xing needs beads and blink this game. But yes med is worthless in this matchup.

KDA is irrelevant when someone dares to upload videos showing such tactics and still calls himself/herself "pro" level.
    Well at least I tried. I only skipped through the ama video and the herc video I got bored after 10sec of skipping. His KDA is good though no denying that,
    Rocking the boat

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Oof did you actually watch all of these?

tbh ra or skadi gotta get phantom here. Xing needs beads and blink this game. But yes med is worthless in this matchup.

Well at least I tried. I only skipped through the ama video and the herc video I got bored after 10sec of skipping. His KDA is good though no denying that,
    I did not need to view the entirety of all the videos.

There is a big difference between being a good player and a pro player.