Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Assault Amaterasu Discussion + PROmatsu Style Video Analysis.

  1. #1
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    345
    10
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,094
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0

    Assault Amaterasu Discussion + PROmatsu Style Video Analysis.

    In this thread we will discuss amaterasu in regards to her practical applications for assault battles. we will also analyze and discuss my PROmatsu style gameplay video. as usual, this footage occurred before my swan song battle.

    the nature of the assault game mode allows for a character like amaterasu to dominate the battlefield in various ways. a player has complete mastery over amaterasu and rank 10+ worth of experience with her can draw out her vast potential in assault, and use her in very flexible ways. such a player could instantly adapt to the changes in combat and switch between play styles.

    some ways in which amaterasu can dominate in assault is by taking advantage of the two directional lane using her passive speed boost aura to bring her team to the front, as well as retreat when necessary. taking advantage of the close quarters combat to use her attack boost aura to strengthen close by allies while using her passive to weaken key enemies. using her flashy ultimate to distract, slow, and stun enemies for the team, etc. a player who knows what they are doing can also use her offensively to carry her team or pick up any slack. with her advanced self healing capabilities and the right build, she can be detached from the fountain and become immortal.

    in the video below i show off my PROmatsu style amaterasu. it's definitely not my best performance, but it is adequate footage for making a point. i was attempting to go for a well rounded build in which amaterasu would become immortal and unstoppable. i can only draw out my full potential against powerful enemies and the battle ended too soon so i could not complete it. regardless, this footage demonstrates how amaterasu can dominate in assault.

    the trick to the PROmatsu style is to build her for survival as well as offensive. her CDR needs to be maxed to keep healing and using abilities because only using her basic attacks is too weak. once you get genji's guard you will essentially have infinite mana, along with her powerful self healing if you can avoid fatal damage you will be immortal with no need to go back to fountain if your build is complete. if your enemies are all physical then the PROmatsu style is not fit for that battle.



    feel free to share your thoughts on using amaterasu in assault and your thoughts on my PROmatsu style.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Somewhere lost in Time
    Posts
    18,548
    33
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,215
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    50
    Didnt you quit Smite
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

  3. #3
    Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    298
    4
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    I won't bother with providing proper criticism of this gameplay (and all the mistakes in all your previous gameplay), since you clearly are either trolling (but its extremely unfunny and just plain embarrassing) or you really truly believe you are at pro level.

    So just tell us what you have been smoking, cos most people need some to take off the stress of modern living.



    But you have been taking too much. So just stay off the weed.


  4. #4
    Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    889
    5
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    0
    there's been a massive influx of new and bad returning players, giving a lot of people a big head. Matchmaking is a joke right now if you don't play during peak hours. I can't get a good game to save my life these days when i have time to play. OP is probably just lucky with most of the scrubs ending up on the enemy team.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

  5. #5
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead STOPB4NNIN6ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    72
    3
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Who are you? Oh ya the guy that quit smite.

  6. #6
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    345
    10
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,094
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Didnt you quit Smite
    yes, i stopped playing the game indefinitely and currently have no plans or desire to play the game. i decided to stick around these forums until hi rez shuts down smite so i can bestow my guiding hand upon other players who are in need.

    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    I won't bother with providing proper criticism of this gameplay (and all the mistakes in all your previous gameplay), since you clearly are either trolling (but its extremely unfunny and just plain embarrassing) or you really truly believe you are at pro level.
    maybe we are thinking about different definitions for the word? i thought this went without saying, but when i talk about being a pro i don't mean in terms of playing smite as a profession to make money. i would never pretend to be that kind of player if i was not. the definition of pro (professional) i am using is "a person who engages in an activity with great competence".

    i am at pro level simply because my stats are at pro level. there is absolutely no evidence that i've been trolling and i've provided solid proof to all of my claims. i also made it clear on many occasions that i'm willing to view anyone's opinions. the fact that i am at pro level shouldn't deter you from sharing your opinions and criticisms. one of the main reasons i made this thread is to discuss the gameplay in the video. just to be clear, to me a pro player is not a player who avoids making any mistakes. perhaps there are some players who can completely avoid making any mistakes like some kind of advanced AI or whatever.

    aside from that, it seems like you have an issue with me for unknown reasons. why settle with talking shit? if you disagree with my standard of pro then state what you believe makes a smite player a pro by the definition i provided above. if i accept your standard then i invite you to find the stats that prove i am not a pro by that standard. after i acknowledge that the stats you present prove i am not a pro player then i will admit that i am not a pro and immediately leave these forums for as long as i am not playing the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    there's been a massive influx of new and bad returning players, giving a lot of people a big head. Matchmaking is a joke right now if you don't play during peak hours. I can't get a good game to save my life these days when i have time to play. OP is probably just lucky with most of the scrubs ending up on the enemy team.
    on the contrary i despise when i am given an easy battle. whether i win or lose is of secondary importance to whether it's a fun challenge or not. one of the reasons i main assault for so long is because the fact that we can't return to the fountain mid battle seems so unforgiving and provides an exciting challenge. i am the kind of player who usually performs better when faced with stronger opponents. of course the power of my teammates is also important because it is a team based game mode.

    is there anyone else who wants to discuss the use of amaterasu in assault or any personal experiences you have had? also about the amaterasu gameplay in the video and my PROmatsu style?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    693
    5
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    0
    I added him to my ignore list. You should too, this is such a waste of a post, and it's obviously trolling. And I was called the Troll Queen .

    Block him, you will thank me for it.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Honoured amelixo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    On my sugar daddy's lap
    Posts
    595
    7
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    5
    you didn't build sovereignty, refused to peel for your team as you spent 90% of the game just chasing kills, and spammed "VVA" every time a carry got a kill. You claim to be an assault main, yet failed to realise you needed to be your team's support as Ama is literally the only character in your draft that can effectively fill that role.

    The only reason you think you played well this game, as others above have stated, is because you were against really bad players who were getting completely pub-stomped by your tactics.

  9. #9
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    345
    10
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,094
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    you didn't build sovereignty, refused to peel for your team as you spent 90% of the game just chasing kills, and spammed "VVA" every time a carry got a kill. You claim to be an assault main, yet failed to realise you needed to be your team's support as Ama is literally the only character in your draft that can effectively fill that role.

    The only reason you think you played well this game, as others above have stated, is because you were against really bad players who were getting completely pub-stomped by your tactics.
    i was going for a specific build and play style. admittedly, i can't remember if i had planned to buy sov later in the build or not. clearly it was not needed for this battle anyways. i don't see the problem with using vva when a carry gets a kill. i did well and my team did well. the numbers we produced at the end of the battle proves that.

  10. #10
    Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    298
    4
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakomaru View Post
    maybe we are thinking about different definitions for the word? i thought this went without saying, but when i talk about being a pro i don't mean in terms of playing smite as a profession to make money. i would never pretend to be that kind of player if i was not. the definition of pro (professional) i am using is "a person who engages in an activity with great competence".

    i am at pro level simply because my stats are at pro level. there is absolutely no evidence that i've been trolling and i've provided solid proof to all of my claims. i also made it clear on many occasions that i'm willing to view anyone's opinions. the fact that i am at pro level shouldn't deter you from sharing your opinions and criticisms. one of the main reasons i made this thread is to discuss the gameplay in the video. just to be clear, to me a pro player is not a player who avoids making any mistakes. perhaps there are some players who can completely avoid making any mistakes like some kind of advanced AI or whatever.

    aside from that, it seems like you have an issue with me for unknown reasons. why settle with talking shit? if you disagree with my standard of pro then state what you believe makes a smite player a pro by the definition i provided above. if i accept your standard then i invite you to find the stats that prove i am not a pro by that standard. after i acknowledge that the stats you present prove i am not a pro player then i will admit that i am not a pro and immediately leave these forums for as long as i am not playing the game.


    As for providing feedback, I don't see the point because you are clearly either trolling or just plain _ _ _ _ _ _ .

    So why should I try to do provide feedback when any proper discussion will just not occur?



    Ignored and bye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •