Thread: Set’s Upon Us

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361

Set’s Upon Us

Set

Upcoming God: Set (The God of Antagonist or Chaos)

I myself am saving up currency for Set. I also feel as if he should be the Hunter Class.

He is actually the one historical God I actually researched about by choice.

Let me tell you a brief bio and thoughts about him to show you why I like him so much and why he should be a hunter

He had a brother named Osiris who he killed and mutilated
    Anubis is his Son.
    Set thought for Power.
    He killed Osiris not as a surprise attack but to show that he is the better brother and dislikes what Osiris is.
    Then Horus the Son Of Osiris wanted revenge and set to try and destroy Set. (Lol)

He isn’t an Assassin cause he didn’t surprise kill him or killed him secretively.
    He isn’t a Guardian cause his goal has nothing to do with Protecting anyone
    He isn’t a Mage cause he slaughters with a valid weapon
    That leaves Hunter and Warrior. And well I feel because he Hunted down his Brother to brutally defeat
    Him in battle makes him more of a Hunter then a Warrior. Anyway what class do you think he will be? Let me know below .

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    you'd be surprised. look at Thor

he was a Warrior originally, now he is an Assassin
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Member Follower Epibrutemetheos's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    As mentioned above, the class Hirez assigns to a god almost always has nothing to do with what makes sense according to their lore. Obviously, the lore affects the character design in some ways, but the names of the classes make no difference. Guardians as the prime example: Cabrakan doesn't guard in lore, but he is big, tanky, and CC's, and Xing Tian uses a physical axe for all his attacks but deals magical damage.

All that being said, though, we can make some conjecture, based more off of what information we already have from Smite itself. (My yes/no judgements here are just a scale of less/more likely).

Guardian: No. There's a much better chance Horus would be a guardian (both in real and Hirez lore he is referred to as a protector), and while Hirez have said that the plan for releasing gods no longer constricts based off of pantheon or class count, the exact reasoning is so they can focus on making the characters that they want to (and that people like, especially as Horus and Set are, as they said, long-time community requests); therefore, releasing several guardians close together (Jorm too) is very unlikely (guardians not being as popular).

Hunter: No. There has been some creativity for weapons for hunters before, but as Set has been shown by Hirez only ever with a 'was' staff/sceptre or a dagger for cutting up Osiris, it's unlikely that they would either make him use these at range or give him something different which would still be physical.

Warrior: Maybe. Since he is the opponent of Osiris, there is some chance he would be a warrior to versus him, and warriors have diversity to include his characterization. On the other hand Hirez doesn't like adding to warriors as much. Not much evidence here nor there on this one.

That leaves Assassin and Mage. I think either one makes a lot of sense for where they would likely be going with his characterization, either as a controller of darkness, storms, sand, etc., or as a carve-ya-up killer with elements of those in his abilities. So I'm just going with a Yes (Very Likely) to both, with my personal, completely baseless bet on Mage.

GOD CONCEPT & SKIN HUB

If I like you, I will open doors for you, give you two helping hands, and invite you over my threshold.
    If I don't like you, I will snipe you in the face, and then have all my friends come and beat up all of your friends.
    Sincerely, Janus

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Nah...they will go above and beyond to confuse us

So he will somehow be a brand new class

SpellSword

He is both Magic and AD. He gets his own item list, as being able to buy from the normal list would be broken.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

New Member Cupidhead HeavenCanceler's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I mean, if we go by mythology then Set was the chief guardian of Ra during his travel through the afterlife, protecting the head god from the threat of Apophis/Apep. It was only when Osiris became Pharaoh/Chief god that this role was dropped.

Since Ra is around and doing leadership stuff, he should probably be acting as his bodyguard strictly speaking...

Though yeah, I also don't really expect him to become a Guardian.