Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anti CDs item

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class

anti CDs item

Many items have counters(heals-anti heal, defense- pen, move-slow, dmg-lower dmg aura, slow-wingedblade) maybe its time for cds to have one 2.

Aura: Reduce Cds by x% amount.

Some gods have cap + the extra cd ones like Chronos pendant and Gengi guard makes them almost impossible to keep up.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    it wouldn't work, it'd be impossible to balance. at 10% additional Cooldown people will just mitigate it with full cooldown (30% is still viable, some build end up overstacking cooldown anyway because of other effects i.e. Jottuns Wrath Hydra's Lament Breast plate of Valor so back at 40%).
    if you try adding 20% you'll definitely start seeing 50% CDR builds, because again 30% is viable.
    and if you go to 30%, people will really start calling foul and/or you'll start seeing AA gods everywhere.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    also factor in, those items are countering God Abilities more than they are countering other items.

now correct me if i'm wrong but there is no ability in Smite that lowers CD of other abilities (or even one ability).

something like this would be impractical and maybe even impossible to put in. mainly for the reason listed above mine.

it would be a nightmare to balance, so it would either end up being useless or stupidly broken overpowered.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,987
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    also factor in, those items are countering God Abilities more than they are countering other items.

now correct me if i'm wrong but there is no ability in Smite that lowers CD of other abilities (or even one ability).

something like this would be impractical and maybe even impossible to put in. mainly for the reason listed above mine.

it would be a nightmare to balance, so it would either end up being useless or stupidly broken overpowered.
    They are a few abilities that reduce your cooldowns of other abilities; Ratatoskr's 2, Hera's passive, Guan Yu's 1 and 2, Raijin's passive, Ullr's passive, Fafnir's ult (technically resets all basic abilities so i'm counting it).

But yea, it doesn't change the fact that what's being suggested would be stupidly overpowered before full build, and than completely useless vs magicals end game.
    Last edited by Goobis; 12-01-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post

It would be situational the same way anti crit item is. Its almost like any other anti-... item out their if u see they over cap it u get it simple.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    It would be situational the same way anti crit item is. Its almost like any other anti-... item out their if u see they over cap it u get it simple.
    except anti crit and anti heal are in response to something, if your'e ramping up cool down timers that's just good no matter what, at which point building CDR is instead the counter.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Anti CD items also wouldnt be terribly good over the other items out there. Anti heal comes into play mostly against sustain comps, and well.....no one builds spectral armor. If you give as a defensive aura, the gods who it would work best against are either burst assassins who wouldnt care terribly cause they use their combo and then wait for the CD anyways, or mages/ability adcs who will be out of range.

Similarly, its make a poor offensive item because as an assassin you want more kill potential, or as backline you want the same.

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, I'm just saying it lacks potential co.pared to other choices.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Anti CD items also wouldnt be terribly good over the other items out there. Anti heal comes into play mostly against sustain comps, and well.....no one builds spectral armor. If you give as a defensive aura, the gods who it would work best against are either burst assassins who wouldnt care terribly cause they use their combo and then wait for the CD anyways, or mages/ability adcs who will be out of range.

Similarly, its make a poor offensive item because as an assassin you want more kill potential, or as backline you want the same.

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, I'm just saying it lacks potential co.pared to other choices.
    Yea just make it cheap with a hole bunch of other nice stats.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    This kind of mechanic makes more sense for a specific god's abilities rather than an item. Before people got CDR, this kind of thing would be OP as fuck; after they did, it would be rendered moot against most builds.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    This kind of mechanic makes more sense for a specific god's abilities rather than an item. Before people got CDR, this kind of thing would be OP as fuck; after they did, it would be rendered moot against most builds.
    Make ur up mind OP or moot lol. For me that means situation = good like most counter build should be.