Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ravana still isn't a warrior :P

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's not worth it to save your squish if you then have to forfeit the fight because your key teamfight ult is now on CD.

Especially not worth picking gods with the notion "Yes, I'll waste all of my ults trying to peel for my backline. I am good Smote Player!"

Not when you can consider picking other gods with basic abilities that can peel as well, if not better
    We can look at it other way around. You counter initiate to add pressure while they do, now tell me if you jump into enemy lines will a single target root mean much for their positioning compared to an aoe stun? If your squish is already out of position the only way to stop incoming pressure is with hard CC or AoE cc. So you root one as ravana there are still 4 Gods that can advance as they see fit, unless they handily clump for a 15yd cone slow. Or wait maybe you are suggesting that ravana hangs at the flanks and can easily disrupt their assass, but wait doesn't that mean his is an assass? Warriors though hang mid field (and ravana can do this yes) but if they initiate behind you basically all warriors in smite can turn back and help team with lots of utility, nike can do it after slowing everyone else not yet initiated buying plenty of time to deal with their aggression. Meanwhile with ravana do you root one of those not yet into the fight or you root someone in the fight? Yeah you gotta choose 1 out of 5 gods to focus on, while many warriors can provide cc and utility at two places to help buy time for team. yeah chu lain and osiris can't do this. Chu chu though has a large enough ult to delay 2-3 people either on their front or back.

If squish die you are 4v5 and the fight is over. And you have to wait for their respawn which should be about the duration of the CD on your ult. Or you mean you have the potential to outplay them 4v5? Yeah maybe if you can land a big combo, nothing ravana can setup though in difference to many other warriors who are well suited to set up a combo for team and punish clumping. Ravana is happily there to add to combo but setting it up he does not.

And while Geb can counter he can only counter CC on one God, which is why aoe cc is pretty good to have still and not be limited in a flex role like warrior is to just one good CC.

I mean merc land perfect ult and is at 0yds from ure squish, what does ure root do, you don't see how a hard CC is so much better in this situation?
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-21-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Rocking the boat

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Wikipedia can never be wrong....
    Not sure what a website I'm not citing has to do with this.

My criteria is based on what a warrior needs in any game to be successful, be it DnD, smite, dota or diablo. You can spin it around but its also what any bruiser type of melee character needs to work.
    LMAO WUT

I'm fucking done here. You can't bring in terminology from other games that work radically differently and don't have the same definitions for certain words to justify your own made-up rules for this game.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Reynewam's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hi, i dont like an idea Ravana as assassin. He was fine as a warrior for me. He was true lane bully, then people in spl start to play him in jungle, then hirez transform him into assassin. They lower his deff and hp for some dmg buffs. When he was a warrior, he has pretty low aa. But you can agree, that was balanced, because every of his abilities deal dmg, it was ok. As assassin his aa are meh.

About warriors discussion:

Warriors arent cc machine. They role is to be tanky and still hit hard. They stay in fight longer, therefore they can deal much dmg in smaller amounts.

for example:
    Osiris and Nike are warriors who can jump into 5 enemies and make them focus on them, absorb ults/dmg to make their carries option to attack.
    Chaac, Odin. Big ults with zoning option and still hit hard and survive.
    Amaterasu and Guan, stay with team and provides their buff/debuff.
    And then you have warriors like SWK, Vamana, who can harass enemy backline, here Ravana fits for me.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynewam View Post
    As assassin his aa are meh.
    His aa is better now cause he got better attack speed as assassin.

BTW another reason for making the switch to assass was that he was OP with warrior baseline stats. And the only way to fix him as warrior would be to lower his dmg which would make him pretty bad at diving the backline. He is much more in line now but still very strong. He got more dmg then as warrior which again makes him better at diving the backline. Punishing him for it now is a bit easier which is good cause with right build before it was almost impossible to harass ravana out from your backline.

Osiris and Nike are warriors who can jump into 5 enemies and make them focus on them, absorb ults/dmg to make their carries option to attack.
    Yes and most warriors jumping into 5 has something going that helps team catch up, osiris has slows and stun + a mini root, nike has knockup and slows. Ravana has a short range slow that is highly unlikely to connect on more then 2 ppl.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-22-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    Rocking the boat

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    His aa is better now cause he got better attack speed as assassin.

BTW another reason for making the switch to assass was that he was OP with warrior baseline stats.
    Ehh... His stat changes were marginal at best. Like, barely noticeable health changes (More than made up for the fact his shield got buffed in its stacking). The major thing was the increased scaling on his root letting him burst a bit harder when building damage.

Honestly, I think the main reason he was changed was because otherwise he'd be broken with access to Rangda's Mask (Which they released not to long after his shift) because his ult help mitigate the increased damage taken.

So essentially, his change from Warrior to Assassin was so that he would be worse at being an Assassin.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    i still tank with Ravana outside of Conquest, Boots, Jotunns, Lono's, Mantle, Frostbound, Qin's Sais, flexing in Breastplate over Jotunns and Bulwark over Mantle as needed. still very effective at boxing and getting guys off your team with his slow and root.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Ehh... His stat changes were marginal at best. Like, barely noticeable health changes (More than made up for the fact his shield got buffed in its stacking). The major thing was the increased scaling on his root letting him burst a bit harder when building damage.

Honestly, I think the main reason he was changed was because otherwise he'd be broken with access to Rangda's Mask (Which they released not to long after his shift) because his ult help mitigate the increased damage taken.

So essentially, his change from Warrior to Assassin was so that he would be worse at being an Assassin.
    Which is the right call, more dmg less tank. You might be correct in that, question is why would he be the only warrior totally OP with rangdas though? Yeah a lot of assass would be really op with rangdas (but far from all), I think his assass nature just became to apparent at this point and when all phys don't have same items anymore they had to move him. Assass generally are more slippery and quicker in execution then a warrior, ravana is so slippery he could use rangdas, I think not only his mitigation on ult is deciding factor. That said of course I would love being able to build rangdas on him, my mouth watered when I saw that item, but for balance its for the best like this.

Increased dmg on his 3 was exactly what he needed to be a better assass. Many times its to dangerous to even attempt a 1. So a 3+2 is all you can manage. This really helps him poking away at enemy and add more dmg to teams combo on a target without committing super hard. Which is honestly exactly what I thought ravana needed before this change if they didn't give him the dmg passive back. Either he needed a bit more safe upfront dmg with 3 or more dmg when comitting with 1 but I think this change was the, for ravana, the most flexible one.

i still tank with Ravana outside of Conquest, Boots, Jotunns, Lono's, Mantle, Frostbound, Qin's Sais, flexing in Breastplate over Jotunns and Bulwark over Mantle as needed. still very effective at boxing and getting guys off your team with his slow and root.
    Which is good that he can do many roles. For this role though I think erlang does WAY better. Some casual games though you pick an assass only to find out they have a 4 front team so transitioning into warrior is highly needed.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-23-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Which is the right call, more dmg less tank. You might be correct in that, question is why would he be the only warrior totally OP with rangdas though?
    Because the damage mitigation on his ult allows him to reduce the downside of Rangda's and thus get use out of it without just being blown apart because of it.

Meanwhile, he also has a lot of burst damage when he does his combo, unlike other Warriors whom are inherently tanky (Such as Osiris), to go alongside Rangda's
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Because the damage mitigation on his ult allows him to reduce the downside of Rangda's and thus get use out of it without just being blown apart because of it.

Meanwhile, he also has a lot of burst damage when he does his combo, unlike other Warriors whom are inherently tanky (Such as Osiris), to go alongside Rangda's
    Hm I don't know. If you go rangdas its gotta be with some power and some more pen. U can't get super tank and then rangdas it won't do any good, hybrid sure but then most hybrid builds will fall short on tank, and u are already one item short going rangdas. So you are more or less paper anyway. To make up for it you gotta put in another big tanky item which again limits your utility and dmg and I'm not even sure it was worth picking up in dmg after such a trade. Atleast with current rangdas, the buffed s6 one might be more worth. Main reason I think he could use it is his 2, cause its a total immune letting u land a hard combo and then gtfo. Only way I see ravana use rangdas is more or less full dmg + cdr and some MS, and he would kick ass some games doing it for sure, but if enemy has 3-4 front yeah good luck going rangdas ravana. And sure ult mitigate would swing you some encounters but if you'r caught with 2 and ult down you are dead with any kind of worthwhile rangdas build anyway. It would be all about not getting caught hence ms and cdr would be only interesting stats outside of pen and pwr and you would want atleast a 2 man enemy squish team to even consider building it (3 preferably). So in arena with solo tank enemy team it would totally own yeah but that is about it.

Another criteria btw separating assass from warrior is burst. Warriors generally take a longer time to get all their dmg off. This doesn't apply a lot in smite though cause there are some bursty warriors (like achilles) and some assass that actually take a bit of time (serq mid game). Ravana is pretty fast ult boom, smack 1 + 3 + 2. Takes about 1.5sec.

But I think u are right in the burst aspect of rangdas, Gods that have quick burst are best suited for it, btw this would make this item good on pwr+pen vamana. Cause that little joker has insane burst and can blink into a knockup to apply it. Then for escape he can just ult and run away. Yeah Rangdas vamana, for conq he would play jungle. Gotta try that before s6.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-23-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Hm I don't know. If you go rangdas its gotta be with some power and some more pen.
    Exactly why I say that Warriors with INHERENT tankiness work well with it. Since, they reduce the penalty without needing to build items that are just going to be less effective. Ravana has his health shield, his 2 and his ult to give him mitigation while he insta-gibs squishies and bruisers (I mean, even without Rangda's he can insta-gib squishies).

Tankiness and burst damage are what make Rangda's good. The former to help mitigate the penalty, the latter to make the penalty not last very long (Taking 25% more damage doesn't matter if everyone who could attack you is dead).

It's the same as going full glass cannon on an Assassin. Your goal is to blink in, delete someone, then GTFO. Something that the likes of an Osiris/Bellona can't really do because they're more sustained damage, but Ravana, Erlang, Odin, Tyr and SWK have both the burst and mobility to let them do that and so could be viable with Rangda's. Maybe Herc too if you can land your combo.

Another criteria btw separating assass from warrior is burst. Warriors generally take a longer time to get all their dmg off. This doesn't apply a lot in smite though cause there are some bursty warriors (like achilles) and some assass that actually take a bit of time (serq mid game).
    Is catagorically untrue. Achilles, Cu Chulainn, Erlang, Herc, Arthur, Odin, SWK, Tyr and Vamana do not take very long at all to deal their damage. They just pop their skills and blow their target up. While Awilix, Bakasura, Bastet, Camazotz, Hun Batz, Kali, Nemesis, Susano and Thor all take some time to deal damage, because they rely on basic attacks (Either full chains like for Awilix, or weaving attacks between skills. Or outright just holding M1 on the target until they die like for Baka/Kali/Nem) or because their skills deal damage over a period of time (Bastet's bleed, Cama's DoT, Thor's Berserker Barrage)
    Preferred Gods: