Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravana still isn't a warrior :P

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Ravana still isn't a warrior :P

I see ppl say this but

Warriors have aoe dmg (with large aoe zones so they can hit a whole team) - which is why they tried fixing ravana by making 1 aoe bigger but its still way to small to be a warrior ability.

Warriors have sustain, specifically in team fights. Ravana only ever had sus off creep waves and they tried fixing this by changing from a dmg passive to a shield passive. Warriors in general doesn't have dmg passives, if they do they like to transfer them to their team as well.

Warriors have cc (often aoe cc), A single target root just isn't enough. If the 3 went through ppl and could root a whole team then ravana could be a warrior. Yes yes it would require massive changes to kit but just to get u an idea what differs between assass and warrior.

Just cause Ravana has mobility, dmg avoid and a heal doesn't make him a warrior.

He needs to stay assassin unless massive changes to kit are made so we balance his dmg and not tank and sustain.

And also building bruiser doesnt mean u are warrior, rata, fenrir, ne zha all these can build bruiser ez and still clearly are assass cause their kit is single target focused still. Even fenrir is more of a warrior then ravana cause he has an aoe stun and decent aoe dmg, while also fullfilling mobility and sustain criteria. Who has most utility for a team fenrir or ravana, who would u rather have setting up with a bruiser build? I say fenrir any day but as a safe burst finisher I rather have ravana.

Arthur is a classic warrior, big aoe zones with dmg, some cc, some mobility, some mitigation. Still he might be best played as jungler from what I heard, this might be cause he has no sustain for solo lane but he can still solo with regen items atleast decently but top solo he is not. Not all warriors needs to be able to be in solo lane. Thinking that they must work in a specific lane upon creation limits what warriors, guards etc in smite can do. However all guardians working as supp is probably for smites best. With baron we clearly have a meta where support mages can take that role as well. Erlang is already established jungler as well, so let some warriors jungle. We see assass support and that is fine as well some mages can even work. And mages can sometimes play adc. Guardians can also jungle and some can solo. Its all good for the game and meta not to be overly fixed on role and lane. Some mages can also supp. And some adcs can mid.

Also if you have a Ullr mid and a Chronos adc you don't have to build Chronos adc and Ullr ability based. You can transition into Ullr adc and chronos nuker np depending on what enemy team has. Like an Ullr mix of ability and adc would probably be a great pick vs warrior jungles, you can give ure jungler exec when u team up on them in jungle, and if chronos joins the fight he rather bring burst to deal with these bruiser warriors to nuke em down and not stand still auto attacking for to long.

What I would like to see introduced in smite is a guardian that is strong both support and solo. Either with self sustain or aoe heal. Yes we already have terra. And baron, chaac, guan, artio for similar role. But for guardians we only really have one or maybe 2 with artio and i'd like one more. Terra and baron seem top in this regard at the moment I think it would be fresh giving them some more competition for this role.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-15-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    Rocking the boat

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    What I would like to see introduced in smite is a guardian that is strong both support and solo.
    Artio
    Athena
    Cerberus
    Kumbhakarna
    Kuzenbo
    Sobek
    Terra
    Xing Tian

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to finally get a Guardian that's good in support or solo
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Artio
    Athena
    Cerberus
    Kumbhakarna
    Kuzenbo
    Sobek
    Terra
    Xing Tian

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to finally get a Guardian that's good in support or solo
    Ok you got me there :P I'd only qualify cerb and xing if we add the heal/sustain criteria but we don't have to. Clearly global presence, or an oppressive team fight presence works as well.

Anyway I'd like more guardians in smite. I feel most other roles have a lot of variety going and many choices. Maybe I just need to start pick up athena and kuzen in conq. As I shelfed sobek for now, not cause he is bad I just over did him some time ago so it limits MY choices Its nice that xing got a bit of freshness to him though, Im happy for that.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-15-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Rocking the boat

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Warriors have aoe dmg (with large aoe zones so they can hit a whole team)
    That's not what defines warriors. If it were, Osiris wouldn't be one and others like Herc would be disqualified because their only notable AoEs are ults. Warriors are short-ranged bruisers. From the wiki:

Warrior gods are typically melee and utilize Physical Power to boost the strength of their basic attacks and abilities. They are jacks of all trades, who are capable of both dealing and sustaining a fair amount of damage without necessarily excelling at either.
    It doesn't matter what Ravana is called, he's a bruiser and that's what defines the class. Just because HR's classing is inconsistent and nonsensical doesn't mean you get to define it yourself.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Ok you got me there :P I'd only qualify cerb and xing if we add the heal/sustain criteria but we don't have to. Clearly global presence, or an oppressive team fight presence works as well.

Anyway I'd like more guardians in smite. I feel most other roles have a lot of variety going and many choices. Maybe I just need to start pick up athena and kuzen in conq. As I shelfed sobek for now, not cause he is bad I just over did him some time ago so it limits MY choices Its nice that xing got a bit of freshness to him though, Im happy for that.
    To be fair, I'd kind of like to see a couple more Warriors before a Guardian, given how even with Arty they're still the least represented role (Especially if you consider the likes of Arty, Achilles, Erlang and Odin to be "Assassins" given their popularity in the Jungle compared to an actual lane)

That said, I kind of just wanna see a few more badass Godesses. Both the frontline roles are complete sausagefests and it's not like there's a shortage of Godesses that can kick ass.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Nemesis, Ravana, and Thor really could stand to be reverted back to warriors, in my opinion. lower their damage increase their tankiness and sustain. I play almost all 3 with Lono's at this point in non-conquest modes and act like a tanky bruiser.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Warriors are defined by having more tank stats than dmg stats than assassins and their kits usually allow for more defensive builds to take place (though not always the case). That's literally the only difference between assassins and warriors

New Member Cupidhead xCindy Lennox's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Didn't they swap Ravana to Assassin? lol

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    That's not what defines warriors. If it were, Osiris wouldn't be one and others like Herc would be disqualified because their only notable AoEs are ults. Warriors are short-ranged bruisers. From the wiki:

It doesn't matter what Ravana is called, he's a bruiser and that's what defines the class. Just because HR's classing is inconsistent and nonsensical doesn't mean you get to define it yourself.
    True aoe is not needed on a warrior but its one of their defining traits. Herc actually has decent aoe with 1 and 2 and 4. Osiris is an odd ball, his utility and mitigation makes for a decent warrior though and in worst case scenario you can always build oddy bow, if ure aoe autos, ult and 2 are not enough as is.

It doesn't matter what Ravana is called,
    It does because it will impact in what direction they balance him.

Didn't they swap Ravana to Assassin? lol
    Yeah and he needs to stay there, I didn't have a massive campaign to make him assass just to see him become warrior again

Like this:
    Nemesis, Ravana, and Thor really could stand to be reverted back to warriors, in my opinion. lower their damage increase their tankiness and sustain.
    No ravana has nothing in his kit to be able to be played tanky as a true warrior. He has no peel and almost no utility. The only thing he can do is dmg and avoid some dmg. Nemesis can be supportive but feels best played dmg also no peel and single target focused. Thor could become warrior though sure, he has the aoe and cc to do it but he feels much better played as assassin I think, it sits well with his mythos to come crashing in like thunder, he doesn't flow, roll or crash like water over the battlefield, like most warriors do. Sure ravana can roll a bit like water but he quickly goes out of juice, same for thor once his 2 is down. Like have you met warrior he bo?: Blue boots, BoV, Book of dead, Gem of Iso, Mantle, Bancroft. Trust me he is a better warrior then ravana and thor even if they switch ravanas sustain and base stats around. And this comparison might seem funny but they have almost the exact same kit, the main difference at first glance is that he bo actually has aoe and team debuffer skills. What ravana has over he bo is range and safer finisher, being able to 2 the enemy combo and then have your ult for reach is what makes him the assass. If he bo makes a similar play he needs blink which means he can't be in engage, or uses ult to reach and then his 3 for kill but in this position he should be dead. He bo is also blocked by walls which is unreliable and assass should not have unreliable finisher moves like that. Ravanas ult is unblockable and don't care about walls, if he has blink he has yet more range then he bo and mitigations left to wait his team catching up to enemy while he guards the escape. Classic assass move. While he bo can take this position as well, to actually make the play in a team fight ravana will do it quicker, more reliable and easier.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-20-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    No ravana has nothing in his kit to be able to be played tanky as a true warrior. He has no peel
    He has a root.

That's instantly more peel than most Warriors have to be honest...
    Preferred Gods: