Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Underworld based god

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!

Upcoming Underworld based god

Do we have any actual idea who this is yet (with proof?).
    The only two I can think of are Persephone and Baldr.
    I'm personally open the either, but Persephone might be ill-received so soon being Greek, and Baldr, while mythologically said to return after Ragnarok works with in game lore, I don't see Smite taking the risen from the underworld approach with him.

I mean, Anubis, Hades, Thanatos, Izanami, Ah Puch, Camazotz, Baron Samedi, Hel, who else is left? I mean I know there are actually several more Mayan underworld lords but how many of them have had requests over the Persephone and Baldr?

They're insanely careful with Hindu so I doubt it's Yama, and Yan Wang is pretty dull for the next Chinese release.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Sacrificing Ajax to fuel the arrival of Jormungandr.
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    If I had to take a guess, either Tartarus or Typhon. Tartarus being that it's the deepest part in the Greek Underworld, and they said "darkest depths of the Underworld" and for Typhon, in some versions he's thrown into Tartarus once Zeus is done 1v1ing him.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Persephone, considering she's highly requested and we're getting some big names this year.
    Gimme more of them Norse, Celtic, Slavic and Arthurian gods and we'll be gucci bro.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,797
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    I hope it's not Yanluo, a Chinese or rather Buddhist adaptation of Hindu myth... I would barf at the thought of them choosing that over native gods.

The Hindu original Yama would be ok. I'm rather neutral about it.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any notable hints as to who the Underworld based god might be.

Outside the ones mentioned, there's potential for Ankou in the Celtic pantheon.

Then of course, given their willingness to add new pantheons, there's potential for deities from as yet unused pantheons such as:

Aita from Etruscan mythos
    Tuoni from Finnish mythos
    Ereshkigal from Mesopotamian mythos
    Xargi from Siberian mythos
    Yeomra-Daewang from Korean mythos
    Mictlantecuhtli from Aztec mythos

But probably going to be something like Tartarus, Typhon, Erebus or Persephone. Maybe if they're feeling bad about releasing so many Greek gods they might go with Proserpina or Dīs Pater instead.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    I doubt it's Baldur. The description makes it sound like the god is actually connected to the underworld, not just some poor fuck who's been stuck in it.

People have wanted Persephone for ages, it's probably her.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 817
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    I hope it's not Yanluo, a Chinese or rather Buddhist adaptation of Hindu myth... I would barf at the thought of them choosing that over native gods.

The Hindu original Yama would be ok. I'm rather neutral about it.
    inb4 they go for the Japanese version which is Enma and shoehorn him into the Shinto pantheon because "shinto needed a guardian guys"
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,105
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I want Persephone cuz that would make becca happy
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    inb4 they go for the Japanese version which is Enma and shoehorn him into the Shinto pantheon because "shinto needed a guardian guys"
    "Enma/Yemma" as seen in the likes of Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, etc. isn't an actual deity, it's a common interpretation of Yama as he's one of the figures that was adapted from Hinduism to early Buddhism. most "Buddhist deities" are just that, adaptations from either Hindu or Shinto. Proper Buddhism, as taught by Gautama Buddha, does not have any actual deities, they adopted figures from other faiths much the same way Christianity adopted elements of Western Paganism (Christmas, Halloween, etc).

We already have the Shinto underworld god(dess), Izanami.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    considering how many people want persephone i think it could be her
    yama he can be added as we already have rama and ganesha who are widely worshipped in india but we still have em so yama could be possible but i think most possibly it's persephone as they said they want to bring the most highly requested gods in S6 and it will make many people happy
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 817
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    "Enma/Yemma" as seen in the likes of Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, etc. isn't an actual deity, it's a common interpretation of Yama as he's one of the figures that was adapted from Hinduism to early Buddhism. most "Buddhist deities" are just that, adaptations from either Hindu or Shinto. Proper Buddhism, as taught by Gautama Buddha, does not have any actual deities, they adopted figures from other faiths much the same way Christianity adopted elements of Western Paganism (Christmas, Halloween, etc).

We already have the Shinto underworld god(dess), Izanami.
    Essentially. Except I know that, which was why I didn't say "god" and instead said "version".

also, r/wooosh. As you said, Enma isn't the original version and rather another iteration of Yama from Hindu mythology, and GongsunYiru said he preferred that one making it into the game instead of any different versions. I merely said the opposite could happen which if it did would make him explode.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.