Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Silences

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    yeah but you can still beads it, magi's cloak will shut it off, and there's always ults that are cc immune.
    Beads is on a 140s cooldown at least. Some silences are back within 10s. And in teamfights there's often little indication that you're even silenced with so much else going on.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    That's the point of CC.
    You're missing my point entirely. Other forms of CC are more effective against some characters than others. Silences counter literally EVERY god in the game in EVERY situation, and there is little to nothing you or your team can do about it. This wasn't as much of a problem when they were rarer, but they're so prevalent now they're just making every other game just unfun to play.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyjoie View Post
    You're missing my point entirely. Other forms of CC are more effective against some characters than others. Silences counter literally EVERY god in the game in EVERY situation, and there is little to nothing you or your team can do about it. This wasn't as much of a problem when they were rarer, but they're so prevalent now they're just making every other game just unfun to play.
    Silences do not counter all gods equally. AA-based gods can still pump out their usual DPS where mages and most tanks cannot. By contrast, knockups have almost no counters and do hurt all gods in equal measure because they negate everything. There's a lot of stuns in the game, too, and they're only weaker than knockups in that they have more counters. Why aren't you whining about stuns?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Silences do not counter all gods equally. AA-based gods can still pump out their usual DPS where mages and most tanks cannot. By contrast, knockups have almost no counters and do hurt all gods in equal measure because they negate everything. There's a lot of stuns in the game, too, and they're only weaker than knockups in that they have more counters. Why aren't you whining about stuns?
    Basically this. You haven't seen "oppressive" cc til you've been knocked up by herc or swk and killed before you can land, consistently. I think Aphrodite can ult herself while knocked up and if she can't she can still do it to the person she has kissed, which is the only counter to damage you receive while in the air.

Even then a coordinated Athena and Scylla lane is more cancer than any type of silence, jesus christ the siege PTSD is coming back. Oh god the pre-taunt sic' em into a held crush for the 20% reduced defenses so Athena could get the last hit on her shield wall, do you know how much shield wall hits for? 560+100% scaling, by itself.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 02-01-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Other people have said this, but I feel like knockups are even more oppressive than silences.

When you're knocked up you can't do anything except Aphrodite ult (which does work while knocked up, she got this buff a while ago) and you can't use beads while airborn, it's gotta be preemptive. It's a problem since some knockups might be missed & you popped beads for nothing.

They're far worse than silences overall. Silences also don't shut down AA-based gods like the majority of hunters & some assassins.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person.. but it's harder to win an argument against a stupid person.